main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Never Trust a Magic Elf (L/M, OC's...Crossover) (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Title: Never Trust a Magic Elf...
    Author: DaenaBenjen42
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Leia, Han, the twins... Some Original Characters... an extra cast...
    Timeframe: Three years pre-Obsessed With Flowers
    Genre: Crossover
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to The Great Ewok Inventor (all praise to Anthony Daniels) and The Animaniacs are property of Warner Borthers.
    Notes: I thank BrightFeather, who gave me a challenge to do an SW/Animaniacs crossover, and then... well... I upped the ante and took her up on it at the same time. This is the result. Enjoy. :D

It was a dark and dreary night, and the being with the pointed ears sighed as he stared into the crackling, dancing flames. He was bored. Nothing of interest had happened in way, way too long, and that just wouldn't do.

As the fire danced and crackled, crackled and danced, he began to doze off and imagine that he was on a high adventure with Lassie and Spyro the Dragon... and then he was startled awake by a sudden sensation on his foot.

Blinking his eyes open, the elf looked down and saw... what appeared to be a very small net, covering his right foot. Holding the net were two mice, one with a big head, and the other tall, with somewhat of an overbite. "Uh..."

The mouse with the big head looked up at him. "We have captured you, Elf."

"Um..." Did capturing mean putting a net on his foot that he could just as easily kick off? "Right... if you say so..."

"I wish to take over the world."

The elf blinked again. "Um... that's a very broad category, Mr. Mouse... Which world?" He had the feeling that cosmic law would somehow end up preventing this plan from coming to fruition, but why not humor the little guy?

The mouse opened up a small book and showed him. "This one."

The elf gently took the booklet and squinted at it. Then he glanced down at the mouse again. "You're sure?"

"Yes."

The elf looked hard at the booklet again, then handed it back to the mouse. "All right... Wish granted."

And without another word, the two mice vanished.

The elf sat there for a few moments, then shook his head and chuckled. That was one for the books... a mouse wishing to take over an alternate reality. Who was he to tell the mouse that the wish was going to backfire?

TBC...

2. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I should know you better than to dare you to do anything! More soon, please.

3. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    [face_laugh]

As the fire danced and crackled, crackled and danced, he began to doze off and imagine that he was on a high adventure with Lassie and Spyro the Dragon... and then he was startled awake by a sudden sensation on his foot.

I love Spyro the Dragon!! [face_love] :p

The elf sat there for a few moments, then shook his head and chuckled. That was one for the books... a mouse wishing to take over an alternate reality. Who was he to tell the mouse that the wish was going to backfire?

Gotta love the crazy mouse. :p 8-} Neat idea, hope you continue soon. :)

Ant.

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Okay... as a HUGE Pinky and the Brain fan, you've got me hooked. :D

Who was he to tell the mouse that the wish was going to backfire? - Don't they backfire all the time? [face_laugh]

5. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    BrightFeather: More soon? Alrighty? :) Thank you. (For both the challenge and laughing when you saw what this was going to be. That helped.)

Jedi-Ant: Thank you, Jedi-Ant. Glad you?re along for the ride.

PonyTricks: Hooked is good, and welcome. Oh, yes? they DO backfire all the time. This time is no different? :D Thank you.

And now? story!

Mara stood at the stove making breakfast for the two of them and humming a tune to herself while she waited for the bacon to brown. She had somewhat more energy today than she?d had in recent weeks, and felt good, rather than so tired she wanted to fall asleep on her feet.

Hands began to massage and knead her shoulders and she sighed in contentment. ?Mmmm... keep doing that...? Slowly, she got the bacon out of the pan, and set it on a serving plate, then reached for the eggs and broke them into the pan.

?Feels good, doesn?t it?? the familiar husky voice said into her ear.

?Yes, Luke. Feels wonderful.?

?And how are the two of you this morning??

Mara flipped the eggs and glanced back over her shoulder at him with a smirk. ??We? are fine, Farmboy. Or, rather, I?m fine and the little one is kicking occasionally... Glad you asked, though??

Luke nodded, then looked over her shoulder. ?Want me to take over??

?No? Just keep massaging my shoulders, or go sit down and wait...? She kissed him on the nose, and then returned her attention to the cooking.

Luke kneeded her shoulders some more, and then had to pause when he felt her tense under his hands and something very much like pain, but not quite, radiate off of her through the Force at the same time... ?Mara??

She ignored him for a moment while she put the eggs on another serving plate, then shook her head. ?It?s nothing... back spasm.? She picked up the plates, then ducked under his hands and went to set the food on the table.

Luke watched her for a long moment... that had not felt like a spasm, but? ?All right?? He joined her at the table. ?Do you want me to stay home, or...?

She shook her head, then looked at him with a smile. ?You have classes, and Elsie?s going to meet me later for a shopping excursion. Then we?re meeting Leia for lunch.?

Luke nodded, then tilted his head in question. ?You?re having a back spasm like that and you?re going shopping??

Mara shrugged and looked away. ?If it gets worse, I can always sit down.?

Luke, having learned even more about her temperament over the past several months, simply nodded, took a bite of his breakfast, and did not press the issue further.

~*~*~*~

Sometimes, when something happens to upset the balance, it is something small. So small that it goes unnoticed at the start. This time was no different.

At a shopping center somewhere in Imperial City, two white mice appeared out of thin air. Being as they were small, no one noticed them... except for the Force.

Now, the Force took note of it, and tried to embrace the newcomers with open, questioning tendrils of awareness. The newcomers didn?t notice, and the Force ran into something unfamiliar... there were no midicholrians. None. Instead, there was an energy pattern around both, and the energy pattern kept the Force from touching them. The Force tried harder, and? the energy pattern took notice and pushed back.

A small tug of war ensued, and... both lost.

It?s been said before, but here it bares repeating: Of things that seem simple from the start is weirdness begun. This time would be no exception.

TBC...

6. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    the mice kinda remind me of the one's from " the Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy "

Good job. :D

7. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Daena, you should have told me about this!

Gotta get some cover art for ya! ;)

8. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! I did notice that you don't have Han listed in your title, ( :( ) but I'd LOVE to see Han Solo trying to interact with a mouse with a Napolean complex who's trying to take over the world, and a mouse who's a few bricks shy of a full load.

MORE! NOW!!!! [face_praying]

9. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    jaina-Fett: Hitchhiker?s Guide? Hmm? hadn?t thought of it that way? Thank you. :)

zonzo: You?re right. I should have. (Though I kind of did?) Cover art? Only if you want to. Thank you, zonzo. :)

PonyTricks: Han and these two? I?ll see if I can do that? Thank you. (Update? Alrighty? Here. Enjoy. :) )

Story? is now continued?

It began with Momma wanting a bassinette. No, really... it did. Momma wanted something for the new baby to sleep in when it arrived, and Elsie volunteered to help her look, and because it was a visiting day, I got to go along. I'll never understand why people go shopping when they could just as easily make what they wanted out of thin air if they tried hard enough... Plus, it looks stressful. All that walking around, carrying shopping bags... fretting over this and that...

Oh, right. Sorry. Anyway... Momma and Elsie were admiring this cute little white bassinette when the first weird thing happened. Three beings with black fur and white faces, and tails ran through the baby department of the store, leaving Elsie and Momma to stare after them, and me wondering what had caused three kids to run like that.

"Neesta?"

"Yes, Momma?"

"Did you just see what looked like three small children with tails run through here?"

As an overweight security guard with a butterfly net came running through, puffing with exertion, I nodded. "Yes, Momma."

"Good girl." Momma turned and looked at Elsie, only to find her bewildered. "Elsie? Something wrong?"

"I didn't just imagine that, did I? Tell me I'm seeing after-images again, Neesta. Please tell me I am."

I had to shake my head in the negative. "No. We saw it, too... Is that bad?"

"From a certain point of view." Elsie blinked a few times, then looked at the bassinette they'd been admiring. "I like this one."

"How can you..." Momma began, before Elsie held up a hand to forestall her.

"Easily, Mara. I'm clingling to anything normal while I still can."

"Excuse me..."

I looked down at the sound of the faint voice. Standing at my spectral feet were two white mice, dressed in clothing. I bent down to get a better look at them. "Yes?"

The one with the big head peered up at me. "Can you direct us to the Imperial Palace? We seem to have lost our way and were supposed to be in a meeting with the Emperor to discuss terms for his surrender of all power to... me."

I couldn't help but stare at him. "Um... Elsie?"

"Just give him directions, Neesta," Elsie said absently. "No need to tell him that his plan his doomed."

"Do you know something about this?" Momma asked her.

"Plenty. Admire the pretty bassinette, Mara, and maybe this will be the only weirdness we see today that doesn't involve your daughter."

I blinked again, and looked down at the mice. "Go outside and hang a left. It's sixteen streets to the north, and then a right. Can't miss it."

"Thank you." He turned to his companion. "Now remember, Pinky. Our plan is to walk in and join Palpatine's empire, and then to upsurp his power and take it for our own."

"Narf! Sure thing, Brain."

As I watched the mouse and his companion walk away, I couldn't help but wonder what had brought that on. "Weird."

"You don't know the half of it, Kiddo," Elsie muttered. I stood up, noticing that she was fiddling with the ruffled edge of material, and concentrating on it and nothing else. "This isn't as well made as some I've seen elsewhere, but I like it."

At the sound of a whimper, I turned to find a little girl, her mother... and an animal reluctantly following them, led by a leash. Had the whimper come from the four-legged brown animal? And why did it appear to be absolutely miserable?

"What do you think of it, Mara? Like this one?"

"I think you have some explaining to do."

"No, Mara. The bassinette, not that other stuff."

"Yes, Elsie. I like the bassinette."

"Enough to want it in your apartment?"

I turned back to see Momma shrug and look at it some more. "I guess... why don't you want to tell us what's going on?"

"Say i

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I agree with PonyTricks, it would be very interesting to see Han interact with those mice. Pinky and the Brain, la la la la la.... I remember that, too! 8-}

All this craziness going on, I'm having a blast with this one, and I can't wait for the explanations. o_O

11. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Hmmm. [face_thinking] PT is a bit confuddled now. Mindy? Dot? A sad brown dog? Three children with tails? (I am assuming Elsie is Mara's shopping friend, right?) Things will make more sense later, I hope! I will be waiting with bated breath! (or is that breath that smells like bait?) :p

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I used to watch the Animaniacs all the time when I was in highschool

This should be interesting :D

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Note: Many thanks to Trimaj for helping me out with a concept. :)

dm1: Thank you. :) Very happy that you're having a blast. (Again... we'll see about that interaction...)

PonyTricks: Hopefully will make more sense as I go along, yeah... :) Thank you, PonyTricks.

JediFalcon: You did? Coolness. :) Thank you, JediFalcon.

The elf sat beside the campfire, playing a lute and watching the full moon disappear behind a thick cover of trees. He hadn't told the mouse this, but... his wish granting always went wonky around the time of the full moon. It didn't matter what he did, or what the wish was. Some how, some way, the wishes went a bit wild.

The mouse hadn't been specific, other than the place, when he'd made the wish, so... it was a vague possibility that it had gone somewhat wrong.

'No,' he thought as he looked down at his colorful, hand-knit socks. 'I know it has.'

The elf sighed and returned to playing his lute. He'd have to see about that later... if the situation didn't correct itself when the power of the wish returned to normal with the changing phases of the moon.

'And,' he thought as he glanced down at his socks again, 'I have to remember to thank my mother for the socks. They are very comfy. I love the socks.'

He played his lute long into the night.

~*~*~*~*~

Han sighed as he walked through the shopping center with Jacen and Jaina. He'd wanted to make this a family outing, but with Mara set to have the baby at any time, who knew if he'd actually get the chance to take the twins to Ewok Funland on their birthday in a week's time? And so, when Winter had volunteered to babysit Anakin, he had taken the opportunity to do this and treat Jacen and Jaina to something special... even if it meant listening to that droning song all afternoon.

About halfway to the place, Jaina tugged on his hand and he looked down at her. "What is it, Jaina?"

"I'm thirsty, Daddy!"

Han blinked down at her for a moment, then nodded. A thirsty child was never a sign of something good about to happen... "All right..." He looked down at Jacen, and noticed the boy was distracted and not paying attention. "Jacen? Are you thirsty, too?"

"I like those," Jacen said as he pointed with a little finger.

Han followed Jacen's direction and saw two odd-looking, small creatures... Were those mice wearing clothes that vaguely resembled Jedi outfits of old? That made no sense...

"Elelator went down the hole!"

At the sudden, young-sounding, excited voice, Han startled and turned to find a small... green child with an orange bill for a mouth and wearing a diaper. He frowned... were it not for the coloring and the differences in shape, the little one being led away from a lift by what appeared to be it's mother, would have born a heavy resemblance to a Gungan. At least, from what he'd heard about Gungans, anyway.

"Yes, Plucky. The elevator went down the hole," the mother said tiredly.

"Again! Again!"

"No, not today."

"Press buttons! Again!"

Han watched them walk away for a minute, then glanced down when Jaina tugged at his hand again. "Yes?"

"Can we go on the lift and press buttons, Daddy?"

"I thought you were thirsty?"

"I am!"

"Then how about we go get something to drink, do what we came here to do... and if you still want to ride on the lift afterward, we can do that."

Jaina considered that for a long moment, then nodded. "Okay."

Han looked down at Jacen, who was still distracted. "And Jacen?"

"They're lost... Can I have them?" Jacen asked, finally looking up at his father, a pleading expression in his eyes.

"The... oh. Those..." Han watched the two little creatures, then shook his head. "I don't think so..."

~*~*~*~*~

"Pinky, I don't think this is our correct destination," Brain said with frustration in his tone. They'd been wandering around inside the building, and nothing appeared to be as it should. "Those directions from that spectral girl were wrong."

Pinky looked around, trying to remember what the blue-glo

14. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    Way to use the snowcone! :D Very much enjoying this, Daena.

15. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] So Jacen wants to take the them home (that figures...) and Jaina just dropped a snow cone on Pinky's and Brain's head. [face_laugh]

This story is getting weirder and better with each post! :D

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Jacen's always wanting to take strange creatures home! Oh dear, the poor mice were attacked by a snow cone!

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier! [face_laugh]

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Keeps getting weird but even more funny can't wait for more :D

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Note: Many thanks to zonzo for the beta. It is greatly appreciated. :)

BrightFeather: Was a good use for it, wasn?t it? :D Thank you.

PonyTricks: Thank you, PT. Glad you think so. :)

dm1: Thank you, muchly. :)

JediFalcon: Wait no longer? post! :) Thank you.

In the Skywalker apartment, a black feline with a white patch on its head dozes contentedly by a window in the sunlight.

A noise sounds on the window sill outside, and she immediately becomes aware and looks out the window with narrowed, golden eyes.

Staring back at her are three... birds that seem to be arguing among themselves.

A low growl sounds from the feline's throat, and the birds fly away.

The feline is left to stare out the window for a long while.

~*~*~*~*~

Mara glanced back and saw Neesta deep in conversation with Dot. "Do you think it's all right, leaving her with that... girl?"

Elsie nodded. "She'll be fine. If anything, giving Dottie and her brothers something to focus on will keep them out of trouble."

"You're still explaining this later."

They reached the sales counter and Elsie set the bassinette down. "No, I'm not."

The sales lady smiled at them. "Will this be all for today, ladies?"

Mara nodded. "Yes."

The sales lady rang them up, and then looked at Mara. "We can have this delivered to your home, if you desire."

Mara opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by Elsie's hand on her arm. "What?"

"Don't reject the offer." Elsie smiled at the sales lady. "That will be fine. Thank you."

After giving the sales lady her information, Mara and Elsie walked away from the counter. "Why'd you do that?"

"I don't want to have to carry that bassinette all day." Elsie glanced at Mara, evaluating with her eyes, and raised an eyebrow at Mara favoring her back. "You feeling all right?"

Mara nodded absently as she massaged the small of her back. "Fine... just a spasm."

"Right..." Suppressing a smile, Elsie led the way to the restaurant. Along the way, she noticed a snow cone on the ground and stooped to pick it up. Under the snow cone, embedded in the ice, were two rather familiar mice. She blinked. "What in the... that was fast."

"What?" Mara asked curiously.

Elsie shook her head and watched as they got themselves out of the ice, the taller one waving at her. "Hi, there."

"Never trust a magic elf, Pinky," the one with the big head muttered to his companion. "Never trust a magic elf."

"Zort! Right, Brain!"

"Let us go back to the lab, and prepare for tomorrow night."

"Why, Brain? What we gonna do tomorrow night?"

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Elsie watched as the mice walked off, then stood up, snow cone wrapper still in hand. "Huh... I think that tops all time ways for a Pinky and the Brain plot to get foiled. But... a magic elf? Seriously?" She looked at Mara. "That explains everything, I think. The mouse with a Napolean complex made a wish."

Mara stared at her. "What?"

"Nothing. Let's go meet Leia for lunch." As they approached the restaurant, two creatures came out, one pink, the other... teal?

"Oh, Flavio, that food was wonderful," the pink one said to her companion.

"Yes, Marita, it was simply devine," the teal one replied.

Mara turned and looked at Elsie. "Tell me you can explain that one."

"No, but if they think the food is good, then it must be," Elsie told her with a smirk. She looked into the restaurant, and shook her head as she saw that a manager and two waiters were staring at what used to be a table and some chairs, while Leia watched from the other side of the room. "Hmmm... maybe we should skip lunch..."

"Oh, no you don't. I'm hungry, and I like this place." Mara nudged Elsie in the shoulder and they went in.

Leia stood up when she saw them. "What took you so long?"

"Mara wasn't sure she wanted it, and then there was weirdness," Elsie calmly explained. "And now Dot is teaching Neesta about cute clothing."

Leia frowned as she helped M

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    So everyone caught on except Mara, she should've listened more soon :)

20. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    I sure hope the doctor delivering the baby isn't Brain... or worse yet, Pinky! [face_laugh]

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Yep, she really, really should have listened. :) Thank you, JediFalcon. Here more is?

PonyTricks: Well? no. Thank you. :)

~*~*~*~*~

Leia sat in the waiting room with Han, glancing at him occasionally and wondering why he seemed tense. "What's wrong?"

"The Ewoks were out to get me," Han said absently.

Leia stared at him. "What?"

"Just what I said... at least the twins had fun."

"Oh..." Leia glanced away and noticed that Elsie and Chris had come to join them. "Hello."

Elsie rolled her eyes. "Hi... Hopefully the invasion's over for now." Just then, she noticed a buxoum blond nurse walk through and frowned. "Or not..."

"Are you feeling better, Elsie?" Leia asked after a long moment of silence.

Han shook himself out of his daze and looked at Elsie, who was nodding her assent. "What happened?"

"Mouse made a..." She saw two mice walk by the waiting room and frowned in thought. "Wish."

"Pinky, this is not the way back to the lab... where is the lab?"

"In the jungle with the fruit, Brain," Pinky answered.

"Oh, for the love of Pete's Dragon," Elsie muttered as she stood up with a sigh. "I'll be right back."

As Elsie left the waiting room to follow Brain and Pinky, Han turned and looked at Chris in question. "What was that about?"

"Don't understand it yet, either," Chris told him. "Apparently, the shopping was odder than usual."

"It was," Leia agreed.

Elsie came back right then with Brain and Pinky in her hands and sat down next to Chris again. "All right, you two. Explain to me why you made a wish to an Elf on the night of the full moon. That's like asking cosmic law it's self for trouble."

Han stared at the mice in Elsie's hands. "Jacen wanted to take them home."

"You don't want to take these two home, General Solo. They'd be trying to overthrow the New Republic every night." Elsie let herself open up and studied Brain, who was staring up at her in silence, and then Elsie's eyes widened in realization. "Oh. Actually, that plan wasn't half bad..."

"It would have worked," Brain told her succinctly.

"If you say so," Elsie said as she handed Pinky to Chris. "Here."

Chris rolled his eyes. "Thanks... makes sense that you were somewhat more than weirded out now." He smiled down at Pinky, who looked up at him with somewhat vacant eyes, and then sat down in his hand.

Elsie nodded. "And Brain?" He continued to glare at her. "You're on Coruscant, not Earth... So trying to find the lab? Impossible."

Right about that moment, a sparkly light lit up the room, and a being with pointed ears, olden clothes, and mismatched socks poking out of his shoes, appeared in front up them with a wry expression. "Figures."

Elsie sighed and handed Brain off to the elf. "This is your fault, you know."

"Not really," the elf said as he collected Pinky from Chris as well. "Powers always go wild with moon phases... hope they weren't too much trouble."

"I am not an obstetrician!" a bald man in a lab coat and glasses said hysterically as he ran past the waiting room. "I am not an obstetrician!" There came a loud crash about ten seconds after he ran by, and a grunt. "I am not... an... Obstetrician!"

Elsie blinked in surprise, then looked at the elf with a smirk. "No, I wouldn't say they were... You might want to reverse the wish, lest Otto remain hysterical like that, though." She suddenly had to laugh at the implications... Mara was down that hall!

The elf stared out the doorway of the waiting room in puzzlement. "Has stuff like that been happening all day?"

"Yes."

The elf blinked and stared down at the mice in his hands, then looked at Leia, then at the mice again... "Oh, right. Force interaction. When it went wonky, the wish got messed up and the literal form of a take over was applied. Got it. Thank you, ma'am. I'll pick the rest up, too."

"Would a wish help?" Chris wondered thoughtfully.

The elf paused, then shook his head. "No. Thank you, but no."

The elf vanished, and Han blinked. "What or who was that?"

"A magic elf," Elsie told him. She frowned. "Jacen wanted to take them home? Yo

22. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] All's well that ends well... Or fairly well, in this case! Great job! =D=

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome ending :D

24. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    LOL! Great ending, Daena!

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    PonyTricks: Thank you, PonyTricks. (In this case... fairly well?) :)

JediFalcon: Thank you. :)

BrightFeather: Thank you for the challenge that became the story, BrightFeather. And I'm happy that you liked it. :)

Am I having a second color phase? Yep. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.