main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nevermind is an Internet Troll and I'm calling for his apology or resignation

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Merlin_Ambrosius69, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    In his recent Amphitheatre thread, GoT Chapter-by-Chapter, Nevermind posts his opinions, many of which are snarky and derogatory without being substantiated by anything other than his own ill-informed misapprehension of the material, and its supposed basis in some other work, which Nevermind has read about and thus attributes to plagiarism.

Several posters attempt to engage Nevermind in debate, to rebut his spurious historical attributions and to demonstrate that, for example, several of his "silly name" complaints have actual, historical and/or legendary bases.

Nevermind ignores all of this and plows onward as though no one has said a word or, worse, dismisses all objections with a single cursory phrase, before moving on to his next pseudo-historical or faux-literary equivocation.

In all reputable discussion forums, formerly this one, this is known as trolling.

Earlier today, in a PM reply to my complaints about his questionable "debate" style, Nevermind responded that if I did not like the way the thread was going, I'm under no obligation to participate. Quid pro quo, I will remind Nevermind that he is under an obligation -- one of courtesy and respect to his fellow forum members -- partly as a member of these boards, and most especially as a Manager. I used to be a Manager here and I know what's expected of us.

Ignoring evidence that refutes one's position. Making unsupported criticisms, then continuing to post those same criticisms after they've been shown to be in error. Refusing to engage those posters who challenge one's derogatory claims. These are the behaviors and posting styles of an Internet Troll. Nevermind is guilty of all this and more. I'm sick of it and I'm calling him out.

I would like Nevermind to 1) apologize for his trolling, 2) address our careful rebuttals to his dismissive, erroneous claims and 3) do so with the courtesy and respect that is due to active members of these boards. Failing any of that, I would like to see his resignation as a Manager.

You can read numerous complaints corroborating my own in the Amphitheatre Book Club: Game of Thrones thread (NOT the Chapter-by-Chapter thread that Nevermind started, but the earlier one.)

Thank you for your time.

You know full well Comms is not for complaints against individual moderators.

2. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    To help substantiate my claim:

http://boards.theforce.net/PostForms/PostReply.aspx?brd=10382&topic=8844512&quote=31763386

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He's not being bigoted or particularly vile or hateful or offensive... at all. He dislikes a book series-- perhaps irrationally, but whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.