main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Has anybody played this game? It is so awesome. Its really open ended, being based on the 3rd edition DnD rules. Apparently, when I played, I was doing it ALL wrong. oops. Anyway, my brother, his wife, and I just got into playing this game, and we are starting up our own dedicated server. We were wondering if anybody in vegas has a copy of this game and wants to join us. What we are looking for to start up are 4 more people to act as a GM-esque character (there are 21 domains and each GM has dominion over 3), people to help make maps (really really easy), and people to script (pretty difficult). My brother his wife and I already have 3 dungeons done (for higher level characters), and parts of the overworld done. Its semi-playable in its current state but definitely could use help. Anyone interested?

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I am definitely interested and do have a copy of the game, however I'm going to have to wait a month or so to buy a new video card unless I get one for Christmas or Bday...both in the next month (hint hint). I will then be playing that until Galaxies comes out unless AC does a major overhaul.

3. Iggy

Iggy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    funny that you say this because i just borrowed a copy from my friend and started yesterday. im not used to this kind of gameplay though. im used to all the other stuff out there (i.e. UO,EQ,DAoC,DS etc. etc.) But yea i started an elf rogue but i havent gotten very far.

4. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I finally got my video card so I'm in all the way now. Just started the stand alone portion. Can't wait to do more with it!

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    sa-weet! I'll let Toby know. I have started making my world, but i have to wait for the IT department to unblock some more ports before I can get online with it. stupid IT department.

6. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I am buying NWN in two weeks so I can also join you guys.

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I reiterate, sa-weet! I'll post server info soon.

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well, the server is officially up if anyone is interested in playing. the Server name is "Terrawynn" and it is under the category of "story". Come on in for a really happy fun time!

9. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I can't find it and I really want to play!!

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well it appears I have failed, it was under action. We did play, Toby, Erice, some internet guy and me, we plan on playing again tomorrow, so check back for more info. Sorry about that.

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    OK cool, I should be there. I'm only lv 4 now though, so is that going to be a problem?

12. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    All the characters are server side, so level is not important. we went through a short quest, and we gained 2 levels, so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up. it will start at 9:30 pm, name: Terrawynn, type:Action.

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well, tonight was a fun game. Lots of action, lots of susense, lots of guys with hair horns. I can't reiterate enough how much you guys should get this game. We are aiming to go live every thursday night at 10pm (after CSI, at the request of Gerson). Its really cool, its all the fun of a live rpg, but in graphical form. well, hope to see more people in next week.

14. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Gerson, we are planning to do another game tonight at 9 pm if you can make it. If not, we may start doing the games a little earlier.

15. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok...I got the game and i must say it is quite awesome!! Im ready to play when you guys are. Can you give me the info so i can join up and let me know what days and times you guys are doing it?

16. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Excellent! We play thursday nights at around 10pm, the server name is Always Terrawynn, and the game type is always action. Gerson, sorry about last week, a new patch came out and it took Toby quite some time to get the server to work correctly. hopefully this won't happen again. Be on the look out for new dragon items (soon to be renamed Draggen(r)).

17. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Gerson, Inaen, I don't if you guys are waiting to get on the server or not, but its up and we are waiting for you.

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Just to let you guys know, we will be playing tomorrow night (thursday) at 10pm. Server:Terrawynn; type:action. be there or be not there!

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Are you guys going to play or not? If you aren't, Toby isn't going to make a quest for tomorrow. We just need some heads up so he can set stuff up.

20. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    I will be there. what do i need to have ready?

21. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    just make sure your version is 1.28

22. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm planning on being there right now, but I'd really like to start on time. BTW I had a dream last night that you Acthar were paying me to hook you up with some grocery checker...

23. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    cool deal. we'll start at 10 or a little eearlier depending on when i get home. as for the dream, gerson. was she hot? if so, i have my check book ready.

24. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    wow, way to not show up guys. Toby is pretty mad about that. He spent the entire afternoon making a quest for us, then we couldn't do it because we didn't have enough people on. just to let you know. ok, goodnight.

25. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Dang!!! I'm not able to connect still. I'll try again next week, sorry I was not able to join in on the fun.

(kicks rocks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.