main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 12-Inch Indy Figure Coming, But...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    ... you'll only be able to buy it at the Disney theme parks. [face_plain]

From The Indy Experience

- New Indiana Jones 12" Figure Coming Soon! -

06-28-04 Posted by Aaron

We've been getting a lot of tips from TIE.c readers about a new Indiana Jones 12" figure that will be debuting in the coming months. It looks like another Disney Exclusive will be hitting shelves at the Disney Indiana Jones attractions, and this time we'll have a full 12" Indy action figure!

It was reported on the Rebelscum Forums that Disney will be unveiling a new Indiana Jones toy at the 2004
    International G.I. Joe Convention that is being held at the Walt Disney World Resort area, July 1st - 4th. The convention is being held at the Contemporary Resort and the new Indiana Jones figure will supposedly be viewable at both the Contemporary Resort and Once Upon a Toy Store in Downtown Disney.

No further information is available at this time, but we should have some more details in the coming weeks. It's been a while since an affordable Indiana Jones 12" figure has been available to the public, and it looks like we'll soon be able to get our hands on a new Indy collectable. Stay tuned to TIE.c for the latest!

Thanks to Harry Moore, Brandon, Carl & Brian for the tips!

Picture of the New Indiana Jones 12"! -

06-29-04 Posted by Aaron

Harry Moore of Harry Moore Design has sent us a picture of the all new Indiana Jones 12" figure from
    Disney (left). Though it's hard to make out a lot of detail, you can see the signature Disney Indiana Jones packaging (created by Harry Moore) along with a torch, snakes, jewels, & sarcophagus. No word on a release date, keep checking back for more updates!

Big thanks to Harry Moore for the picture!

Here's the picture.

[image=http://www.theindyexperience.com/image/indiana_jones_12_inch.jpg]

I'm getting tired of all these great Indy toys only being at Disney Theme Parks. I've never gone to Disney World (although it's been a dream since childhood) and I do not see me going anytime in the future.

Yet I'm a huge Indy fan and I should be able to buy an Indy toy if I want to. Hasbro I have money and I want to give it to you. CAN YOU HEAR ME? Put these toys in Walmart and you'll make MORE MONEY!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The picture is fuzzy, but from what I can make out the head detail is as butt-ugly as all the other hideous Disney exclusive Indy toys.

It's like they have the rights to Indy merchandise, but not to Harrison Ford's face.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It doesn't look that good but they did say it wasn't a good photos. It could also be a proto-type. I'm sure some better pictures will turn up soon.

4. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I'll be going to Disney World again in early August. Hopefully it will be sold at the Indiana Jones Outpost store then.

5. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    New 12" Indy figure available at Disney World

Monday, July 5, 2004 - Gilles V
    Received news that the new Disney exclusive 12" Indiana Jones action figure is now available at Disney World.

The figure retails at $40 and there are two version of the figure available: a white Indy and a black Indy ?!
    The figure comes with a whip, torch, snakes, jewels and a sarcophagus.

My source 'Indy' works at Disney World also added that this figure is certainly not worth the $40. Only interesting for the fans that collect the Disney exclusive Indy series. But this is a personal opinion!

Cool. It's available now! $40 though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.