main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

new 12" padme (to say it nicely) S-U-C-K-S

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    ahhhh !
    have you seen it ? it is the worst of the 12"ers !
    no effence but- wait, EFFENCE , that sucks !
    sorry all you padme fans, this ones not worth it :(

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Yes yes it does.

3. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
  4. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    [voice/yoda] I agree. [voice/yoda]

Although, I don't collect the 12" series.....

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    How did Padme get such a big head? :confused:

6. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Thank You MF :D
    You have summed up my opinion on this figure Nicely [face_mischief] & You made me crack up :D

7. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    It's absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!

8. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Just being around it is... intoxicating ;)

9. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I havent seen a picture of it in a long time, but from what I remember it looked like a barbie that had an accident with botox ijections. 8-}

Hasbro needs to focas more on Quality, not Quantitie. It seems like everyime I look up there giving us a new figure. Now, I wouldant complain about it but they should at least put a little more effort into some of these things ;)

10. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I am going to have to customize one. If I get that one it will only be for the costume.

11. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I'm not surprised by how Padme looks. With the notable exception of the Queen Amidala deluxe line, all of the 12" females produced thus far have been sub-par in my opinion. At least they're consistent, I like to have a few constants in my life.

12. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    Yeah, after I got mine in the mail and opened it I was sick. I ran to my computer and posted a topic here called "Padme...The new Squidhead?" I WILL say it looks better out of the package. But, that isn't saying much. Not only did I order it sight unseen, I bought TWO so I could keep one in the box. Jeez, my wife even insisted I take it of the shelf she hated it so much! She even thought I should try to get my money back on it. Wouldn't that be nice.

That whole tentacle thing on the back of her head is asinine. I can't believe how bad this figure is on so many levels. The braid, the complexion, her figure...Hasbro really drops the ball on the female figures, with the possible exception of the FAO Slave Leia. That one was okay.

Did anyone notice the Anakin from this series? The complexion on his head doesn't match the body. The joint at the neck looks bad. What is up with Hasbro? Even a small company could get this right! How can Hasbro treat it's cash cow so poorly? How much effort would it require to do this right? I mean, it seems to me they made quite an effort already and blew it big time. Why not just get it right? How hard is it to use the right colored plastic for her face and body? They did this same stupid thing with Hoth Leia. They'd look fine if they were Giesha girls for craps sake, but they're not.

This kind of crap bugs me big time. I work in manufacturing and this is the kind of stuff we'd be crucified for. Hasbro must have no idea what quality control even means.

13. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Its very easy to correct this stuff with Computer technology and Real-Scan machines, yet Hasbro seems to just keep pumping stuff out which isent even up to par with what modern toys are capable of.
    I dont mind paint so much as that can be correcter with a brush and some model paint, but I want some more articulation on these figures :_|

14. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I finally decided to customize. I took a vintage Leia and put her in the hoth costume and changed the hair. I was thinking of taking a slave Leia and making a Padme doll. I would love to get a hold of whoever is in charge of this garbage!!!

15. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm sorry, I didn't know this already existed, I just saw the figure, the head is huge.

16. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    I was holding out hope that the new 12 inch Padme would be changed.

Hasbro, how could you do this to us?

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The thing is,I saw a doll, just like this in the dollar store! [face_laugh]

18. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    >>>no effence but- wait, EFFENCE<<<

Offence ;)

19. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    close enough ;)

i saw that queen amidala doll for $.99 !

20. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    It's not the greatest 12" fig out there. But I will probably get it so I can have at least one 12" Padme. It will most likely stay in the package though, due to the suckage of the fig.

21. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Just imagine the 'pregnant padme' figures we might see after ep3.

22. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    Actually I would bet that the new 12 inch saber action Anakin sucks worse than the new 12 inch Padme. I mean the Anakin sucks because it looks nothing and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE HIM. It looks like the tore the real doll's head off and gave it a crude replacement. The body of the doll is exactly the same as the first 12 inch Anakin only the saber feature and removable hand is added. It looks like they used the same body and tore the real head off. The head on this new figure is horrid looking. I understand that they might want to give Anakin a different expression but they gave him a horrible head and face.

23. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    Sorry that I rambled on so much about the new 12 inch Anakin. Yes, I do agree that(at least from the pics I have seen) the new Padme looks very cheaply done. I would guess though that it can't be as bad as the new Anakin though. Anyway I purchased that new Padme off ebay though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.