main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 3D Star Wars Trilogy Being Considered???????

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by G-FETT, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I didn't know where to put this as it doesn't really belong in the existing movie forums and it is LFL related.

Could it be?

HERE

I doubt it myself, but my goodness, if Lucas actually decided to make another Trilogy would these Boards get a shot in the arm! [face_dancing]

2. QuiGonJade

QuiGonJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    I saw it too. I would absolutely love another SW trilogy. It completely picked up my mood until I started realizing it's probably not happening, but then again, I remember hearing vague whispers and rumors of a Prequel Trilogy around 1991. (It's a different age now, though, the way Internet rumors go...) Well, we can hope...

3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    But then Quint from AICN reminded us of Lucasfilm's denials of Ewan McGregor for Obi-Wan right as they were casting him. ;)

5. jedihyrumsfather

jedihyrumsfather Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    True that. You pretty much have to take everything Lucas says with a grain of salt.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Am I the only one that finds the LFL quote rather wishy-washy;

"We do not have any Star Wars theatrical movies planned."

The emphasis on the word planned. Not having any films planned isn't like saying the Saga is over and theres never going to any more Star Wars movies because its finished, which has been Lucas's previous response to this question. To me its a response that leaves LFL with wiggle room further down the line. [face_thinking]

7. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Exactly. He didn't have the prequels "planned" in 1993 either.

In 95-96, he did.

Why not just say:

There WILL BE NO MORE SW movies.

That's it. Done.

I also noticed "theatrical" as well. That also leaves room for, ohh, I don't know, some form of direct demand or pay to view scenario.

Lucas has long been an advocate of digital media and home cinema. He even supported direct pay per view ideas in the early '80's when the idea was in its infancy.

8. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    It might not be a wishywashy statement. If the TV show ever comes out, maybe it'll start as a 2 hour pilot movie. Even the Clone Wars cartoon was reworked into a theatrical film. Like OB1 said, depends on your perspective ;-)

9. hansolorcks

hansolorcks Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2008
    I think they should make a new Star Wars film but make it in the early days of Han, Luke and Leia what do you think

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    It's called Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Or if you are a purist just Star Wars :p).

As for a 3D production I would love to see a spin-off trilogy of films. But only that, it would have to be over blown, motion picture EU. There is nothing else to do with the Skywalker legacy, that story is done. Finished. Over. A closed book never to be opened again.

And I do know that I read an interview with GL where he expressed an interest in making something in the KotoR era, maybe something he has up his sleeve after the live action tv show takes off and no longer needs his creative help.[face_thinking]

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Well that was possible TV spinoffs dealing with different eras in the SW Universe.

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I thought the TV spinoffs were going to start off with one Live Action show that splintered off into seperate shows for seperate characters a few seasons in? I do believe whatever KotoR project GL is mulling over isn't for TV. Maybe he wants to write a novel, dabble in video games or, really pushing the boat out here, wants to bring audio dramas back into fashion.

But I think it's most likely that he's got a plan for a few spinoff films at some point after he's directed his current pet projects.

13. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I noticed this quote

"A lot depends on the success of AVATAR this winter - if it takes off like everyone is expecting it to, then you will most likely see three additional STAR WARS movies added."

I will support Avatar, by seeing it twice IMAX 3D and regular theater, I would say most of us like this type of movie so we should all see it in theater.

I think that this new technology Avatar uses has the real potential to draw Lucas back into making new Star Wars movies.
    Oh happy days if it does, TFN will be jumping like the good old days.

3D Star Wars:)=P~

14. MasterJane423

MasterJane423 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2009
    I'm not sure they'll be doing this. It might be interesting to see, though.

15. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Anything liveaction would be great!!

16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    More rumors! You know, it certainly seems more than possible, with the Maker's infamous sweet tooth for cutting edge technology. I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I think post-Avatar Lucas would be more inclined to do it than he was a year ago.

I mean, he could even use the original actors for a sequel trilogy if he wanted. Sure it wouldn't look exactly like the others but the PT doesn't look alot like the OT anyway. And it's the story and characters we would care about anyway.

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I agree. But I think a 3D version of the saga is more likely. I'm happy either way, really, but moreso the second way. :p

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree. Lucas has already converted a portion of the OT for it.

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Trust me when I say this that I would kill to have another Star Wars trilogy. But as you have probobly heard a million times the saga is the story of Darth Vader. If Lucas has a change of mind he could always make a trilolgy taking place during the Old Republic or the Post-ROTJ era.

As for the saga in 3D I have no doubt in my mind that they will make them. It's only a matter of time before Lucas uses this new technology and adds it to each film in the saga. I wouldn't be suprised to see deleted scenes such as the "Biggs scene" in ANH or Yoda's arrival to Dagobah in ROTS.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I've heard that too. I think at one point they were planning on re-releasing the Saga in 3D starting in 2007 for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.

22. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I agree. But I think a 3D version of the saga is more likely.

It is more likely, especially since Avatar has nearly hit $500 million. You can charge more money per ticket, and not to mention that SW is highly visual to begin with. A new Star Wars movie in 3D would KILL Avatar...just blow it right out of the water.

23. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

If the existing six Star Wars movies were retro-fitted and released in 3 D,
    think of the possibilities of these scenes in 3 D.

1. The Phantom Menace pod race.
    2. The Darth Maul, Obi Wan and Qui Gon duel.
    3. The pursuit chase over Coruscant in Attack of the Clones.
    4. The opening 20 minutes of Revenge of the Jedi would be astounding in three dimensions.
    5. The opening crawls of all six movies.
    6. The jump to hyperspace.
    7. The snow battle on Hoth.
    8. The asteroid chase in the Empire Strikes Back.
    9. The rescue of Luke hanging beneath Cloud City.
    10. The explosion of the Death Star.
    11. The speeder bike chase through the forest on Endor.
    12. The lava fight on Mustafar.
    13. The Imperial Starship chasing the Tantive at the start of New Hope.
    14. The Senate chamber on Coruscant as Yoda and the Emperor do battle.
    15. Yoda arriving with the Clones in AOTC.

I'd pay money to see all those scenes in all those movies in 3 D at a theatre near me.

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Its already been confirmed long ago that the existing movies are going to be converted into 3D and projected digitally. This is definatly happening. Its just a matter of enough cinema's being fitted with digital projectors to suit such a big digital release

25. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I totally agree with John and G-FETT. I guess we'll just have to be patient. I hate being patient. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.