main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My Facebook feed is packed full of people all over the country finding Wave 5 at Walgreens (including one here in Ohio). I'm off today, so I'm going to hit the two closest to me and see if I get lucky [face_good_luck] .

2. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Four leaf clover didn't help. Struck out at Walgreens, Target, Meijer and Walmart. Walgreens didn't have any Star Wars merch. A lot of people seem to be going in and asking the staff or the manager to go digging in their back room for them, but I refuse to be that person. No offense to those collectors, but I work in retail and I know the last thing these folks need is some man-child coming in and asking them to drop what they're doing to go fetch them a toy. I'll find it/them when I find it/them, or I'll pick 'em up online.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm thinking of heading out today to hit thrift shops. I was aimlessly driving around yesterday and spied a couple of Walgreens that were kinda hidden/off the beaten track, I might stop at a couple to see if they have anything. I'm not optimistic though, I'm in AZ and we have a HUGE number of sci-fi/Star Wars collectors here. Finding exclusives in stores is near impossible unless you work there.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Dorkside still has Anakin's on pre-sale for $14.99 each so I just ordered 2 of them - one can be displayed as angry/Sith face the other not.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Someone just posted that they spoke to a Walgreens Mgr. today and that they were told all Walgreens are supposed to be doing their toy resets on or by tomorrow (Fri, Sept 5th). Makes sense, as I did see a lot of closeout tags there today.

I had three Walgreens within a few miles of me, but the one nearest me recently closed down, leaving eight total in the area (the other six being much farther than I want to drive for a crapshoot). But I've had luck in the past with that off the beaten track or crummy part of town store approach. Good luck!

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I didn't make it out today - I'm going to try tomorrow. Gotta get my running around out of my blood since I start a new job on Monday - woot!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Congrats :D!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Entertainer only had Han and Luke when I was there earlier.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't think I've been to a store in the last six months that didn't have at least one Han. He's such a popular character, and it's his most iconic look. I don't get it.

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I scored a Chewbacca and Darth Vader at Walgreens today! Woo!

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Found out that if you go to the Walgreens website and look up the Concept Boba Fett, you can then enter your zip code and find out if the Walgreens stores in your area have it in stock or even carry it. Of course it said the one nearest me did, but when I got there they still hadn't rest their toy aisle [face_waiting]

12. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Is the Vader going to be super hard to find? Saw one at my local Walgreens, but the box was ever so slightly dented in one corner, so passed it up. Wondering if I'll regret that.

13. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    He's being double packed for Walgreens, so you could always check back.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I believe the case assortment for Walgreens is 2x Boba Fett, 2x Vader, 2x Luke and 1x each for Chewie and Sandtrooper. He's going to be tough to find regardless. No peg warmers in this wave.

A friend and fellow collector may have scored he and I each a concept Fett and him a Vader and Chewie. Depends on if the Walgreens Mgr. he spoke to comes through and sets them aside for us [face_nail_biting].

15. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Awesome. I'll swing back by Walgreens today and see if he's still out/if they've restocked the pegs (he was the only figure out).

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was in the local Entertainer today. Their small SW section has been overrun with 'Ben 10' items. They had 3 of the 6" Black figures - Han, Obi Wan, and Luke. Haven't seen any Rebels-related items yet.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, Ben 10 is still around? I figured that died out a long time ago. Huh.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, according to my branch of The Entertainer it's still around. Has more figure room than the SW figures. (This doesn't count LEGO sets - they're in a different part of the store). And the show is still shown on Cartoon Network here.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That would mean Ben 10 has been around long enough to make the leap from fad to franchise. Maybe it has generation-spanning staying power ala Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Well, the plan to get the Prototype Boba Fett fell through due to the ones the Mgr. set back suddenly "disappearing" *cough* eBay *cough*. Apparently Walgreens all over are getting swamped with requests by collectors for the Fett and wave 5. A friend told me that the one he stopped by said they had them in stock online, but when he got there they weren't yet put out. He asked the Mgr. if they'd be willing to go get them and they flat out refused.

By the way, I had that case assortment wrong. It's 3 Proto Boba Fetts, 2 Vaders, 2 Lukes, 1 Sandtrooper and 1 Chewie.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think the only place in my area where I might have a chance of finding any would be way out in the Western suburbs that are where all of the retirees live. Unfortunately I can't handle the drive all of the way over there.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, back when I collected 3 3/4" at retail I used that same philosophy; i.e. hit up stores in places where there would theoretically be fewer buyers aside from collectors. Stores in dodgy areas are the best IMO. Some collectors aren't comfortable going there, and you don't have kids and casual buyers to compete with. Back during the VOTC/OTC (and Lord of the Rings) era there was an area that had a TRU, Walmart, K-mart and Target all within a stone's throw of one another in a somewhat sketchy part of town. All of my "big" finds were in those stores. As of this May all four have closed down :(.

23. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I scored a Luke and Sandtrooper from my local Walgreens a couple weeks ago while hunting for the Proto Fett. At this point, my optimism is very low.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Announced at NYCC yesterday -

STAR WARS® THE BLACK SERIES 6-Inch Action Figures
    (Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Spring 2015)
    Take your collectible STAR WARS action figures to the next level with the 6-inch BLACK SERIES action figure line! This exceptional collection of figures features incredibly accurate design and a high level of articulation of the greatest characters from the STAR WARS universe. New figures in 2015 include EMPEROR PALPATINE, IG-88, LUKE SKYWALKER in STORMTROOPER Disguise and PRINCESS LEIA in BOUSHH Disguise! Each sold separately.

View pics HERE

Ewok Poet and Juke Skywalker like this.
  25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Sheesh, it's pretty dead in here! Anyone find anything new lately? I got a Jedi Luke, but that's been about it.