main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2014
    I saw a Prototype Boba and Vader at Walgreens but I did not have enough money. :(

2. jedisrm

jedisrm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I have 6 of this series right now. Yesterday got Darth Vader & Chewbacca as an early Christmas present, and I also have X-Wing Luke, R2-D2, Darth Maul, & Han Solo. Also may be getting Obi-Wan next week too.

3. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I've picked up a few new figures lately and have taken some pictures and reviewed them.

Prototype Boba Fett I really dig this guy. He's just a white Boba Fett, but he's darn fun and rather sharp looking.

Darth Vader Review
    For Vader, I actually looked at each piece of his costume up against the 501st's costuming guidelines and prop photos for a ROTJ Vader. It's interesting to see how accurate Hasbro made this figure in so many areas (and yet missed the boat on the dome and face mask shape).

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Doing some last minute Christmas shopping yesterday, and I foolishly thought that either A.) I might come across some Wave 5 figures as retailers try and clean out their back rooms (I only need the Sandtrooper w/black pauldron) or B.) At least see a bit of thinning to the notorious pegwarmers, but much to my dismay, it appears any replenishing was done with more pegwarmers. One Target had no fewer than 8 Slave Leia figures.

On a positive note, Target did have a price cut on the Biker Scout/Speederbike, down to $32.99. I wanted one soooo bad, but I had already shelled out over $200 that day and I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Local Entertainer still has just Han and Luke - wave 1, I think. I know I haven't seen a Slave Leia there.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    If I can count on seeing two figures everywhere I go it's Han and Slave Leia. They're usually kept company by a stray Obi-Wan and a Greedo or two.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Went to Walgreens tonight - they had Yoda, Chewie, Obi-Wan, a Clone, and Tie fighter pilot. I picked up Yoda and Chewie.

Yoda is OK - I like his robe and snake. I think he should've been a little more stooped if he was supposed to be old Yoda, his cane isn't long enough to use as a result. Overall I like him - but he's not a favorite.

Chewie on the other-hand is AWESOME. My only real complaint is that the place where you're supposed to put the top crossbow piece on the bowcaster gun section don't line up. The gun has a round post on it and the top piece has a square hole - nice job Hasbro, those aren't going to fit into each other!

Chewie otherwise is great, I love the 3 levels of fur in order to give him more depth. He's got a nice expression, nice paint w/ different shades - I like that he's big and bulky. He might not be super articulated, but he sure looks great for displaying.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Whoa, nice! Sounds like Walgreens is the hot place to find the 6" Black Series. Who'd 'a thunk it?

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I must've gotten there after they'd put out figures today.

10. Barbecue17

Nov 11, 2013
    I want a Tie Pilot so bad! I'm still turning up nothing!

I was out a lot this weekend and did see a Yoda at Target. Everywhere else I saw lots of....Han, Leia, and Obi- Wan. My local Toys R Us just keeps spreading these figures out more and more. It looks like they have 16 or 18 pegs of them, but it's just one figure on each peg. Lame!!

Anyways, I did snatch up a Clone Trooper Sergeant off of Amazon and reviewed him on my blog. This guy is exceptional. He's a repaint, but sturdier plastic and weapons plus the cool paint job just really helps him to excel.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I figured I'd just leave the Tie Pilot and clone so some guy out there could have a Merry Christmas :p

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New 6" waves rumors:

We have a new rumor regarding the next two waves of 6″ Black Series figures. All of the figures are known so far but we have clarity on who is in what wave. Click on through for the breakdown.

Wave 7
    Bossk
    Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
    TIE Pilot (Wave 6 carry forward)
    Chewbacca (Wave 5 carry forward)
    Wave 8 (2015 wave 1)
    Clone Trooper Captain
    Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
    Emperor Palpatine
    Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/01/17/6-black-series-wave-7-8-breakdown/

13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hm, still no C3PO or Leia/ig-88/Cody. They'll probably be our last wave before TFA takes over. I really do hope we get more OT and PT figs going forward. So many i still want.

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I'm sure there will be room for another wave in there before TFA stuff drops in September (according to reports).

In days past I could see Hasbro continuing to run the traditional 6" Black Series right along side TFA 6" line, but I get the sense that won't be the case here and that the final 2-3 6" waves of '15 will be TFA. Same might be true of the 3 3/4" Black and Legends series.

I'm really looking forward to Toy Fair this year. Even if they don't preview much product, at least maybe we'll hear about their plans for the year.

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Maybe. We still have lots of figs announced for 6" with no actual dates. Especially since they seem content with repackaging figures people didn't want the first time. (Obi wan)

There's a lot to cover from TFA, so I imagine that'll be all we get for a while. Maybe some repackaging of figures such as Vader or Boba, that are huge sellers, but not directly in TFA.

16. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I never thought I'd say this, but walgreens has become the hot spot for Star Wars collecting! Picked up a Clone Trooper sergeant today.

17. Barbecue17

Nov 11, 2013
    I finally found a Tie Pilot at Walgreens! They definitely are the most consistent place to find Star Wars Black. I took a lot of pictures and compared the TIE Fighter Pilot to the A New Hope costume on the 501st website to verify accuracy (and for fun).

Tie Pilot Star Wars Black Comparison

18. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone think the Wave 1 figures will ever get reissued? I hope they will, because R2 is really the only figure I'm interested in getting right now (I have all of Wave 5, plus Han and Fett), and I don't feel like paying over $50 for it on eBay. Perhaps they'll re-pack R2 when 3PO comes out in Wave 10? Man, I don't think I can wait that long.

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Haha, wow, I can't believe it's actually going for that much! Just a few months ago you could pick it up for ten bucks online.

And of course they will. R2 will be out for TFA I'm sure.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, is R2 really going for that much? I skipped it at the time because I figured I could pick it up later (like when they release C-3PO) for at or even below retail.

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Talked to a friend and fellow collector and he said that the entire wave 1 of the Black Series suddenly blew up, and so I checked eBay and sure enough, there are a couple of auctions for just R2 and Maul over $80 with time left!

I can't for the life of me explain why this wave went nuclear all of a sudden, but boy do I regret not picking up R2 when I had the chance!

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    *Boop Bee Booop* Because I'm adorable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Was at my local Wal-Mart today--the one whose Star Wars section is almost literally a wall of empty pegs--and lo and behold there were two Biker Scout/Speeder Bikes and a Jabba the Hutt scattered randomly on a shelf. So they finally put out something "new" and it's something old... and something that's been marked down %40 elsewhere :oops:.

24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Any 6 in TCW-Rebels figures coming to the line?. Is there any Padme figures yet?

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    No Rebels - no Padme figures. Lord knows if we'll ever get 6" Padme figures :(