main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Juke Skywalker @PadmeLeiaJaina
    I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge here and in other threads. Guys just follow along at http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/

ANH Obi Wan is coming later on Late Fall/early spring. No Hope is needed- it's been rumoured and talked about for months.
    It will probably not include the table with Leia Hologram but if Hasbro were really cheap the Cloak as well. I think they will include the cloak personally but you never know.

Same with Unmasked Kylo Ren- it's been rumoured and confirmed for months now. It's coming in Wave One for the Rogue One Force Friday (September 30th). Again it's probably not going to include the First Order Banner or Darth Vader's Helmet. It may include DV helmet but I don't think so. The figure should include both his (Kylo's) masked and unmasked head.

Revan won the Fan's Choice but the Hasbro team also decided to make the runner up- Sabine, Some would say that may have been slightly fixed though because Kanan was being made so it makes sense that gradually the other Rebels characters are made. ANH Obi was in the final six though and rumoured as well as Grievous and both are being made.

ANH Leia is also being developed but I think this one's being delayed or they are planning on releasing it with ANH Obi Wan. Maybe they will have other ANH figures waiting to be released?
    Lando's a strange one. I'm surprised they haven't made him yet- maybe it's the cost of Blue Plastic or Dark skin? The Cape?

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    New Hasbro Six Inch Fan's Choice Poll Announced.
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18177
    "
    · All characters are fair game except from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    · Any characters from the Star Wars Rebels or Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series would be sculpted in the realistic style of the Star Wars: The Black Series line"

So Uh Who do we want? That isn't already coming?

I would like Eeth Koth but no way is that happening.

Probably one of the heavy weights because OT/PT Characters (like Lando, Royal Guard) will eventually come.
    Who would be good choices for me:

-Mara Jade
    -Jaina Solo
    -Jacen Solo
    -Darth Nihilus
    -Bastila Shan
    -Satele Shan
    -Plaguies

(and remember who's coming and rumoured to come- TFA Luke, C3-PO, ANH Leia, ANH Obi Wan, Sabine, Rex, AT AT Driver, Snowtrooper)

No Doubt they will produce the second choice figure as well and it will probably be a Rebels character- I'm thinking Hera will be the Fan's Choice but Hasbro are then probably working on a Zeb.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks for the links and knowledge, Darthmaul208. TBH I used to follow such news slavishly, but my total focus now is on vintage items (SW and otherwise), and the only thing I collect new/retail is the 6" TBS. And with distribution/retail support so poor there of late, I don't seek out much news on the line and sorta just let it come to me.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Blah - attempt # 6,882,333,102 to get Padme on the list.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Leia is in the works, they previewed her sculpt at some event. No sign of Lando though :(

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    PadmeLeiaJaina, that's good news on the Leia front, but I find the lack of Lando love disturbing.

vncredleader likes this.
  7. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The only issue I have Fan Figure Vote is that I can only choose one. Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Darth Malak, Darth Plagueis, Clone Wars Maul, Rebels Maul, the rest of the Ghost crew, the Grand Inquisitor ... HOW DO I PICK?!

Of course, it's best to vote with the head instead of the heart. Legends characters are less likely to be made, so they're the best fan choices.

8. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't collect these, but it would make my day if fans pushed for Ken Palpatine to get made. Wouldn't that get Hasbro's goat if he won? I would buy Ken for sure!

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Lando, Padme, Mara Jade, Qui-Gon... Any of those would be good!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Top 5 choices announced. Other than the Rebels one which I really don't care about - I'd take any of the rest, particularly Lando

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Top six for Yakface. Though most look similar.

Some are already calling ********** on Jaina Solo who showed up on multiple lists.

12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Mara or Lando would make me so happy! Same with Galen, or Hera. The other two just... Meh.

13. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Jedi Business Top 6:

1) Jaina Solo, 19%
    2) Galen Marek (Starkiller), 16%
    3) Captain Rex (Phase I/II), 14%
    4) Darth Talon, 10%
    5) General Grievous, 9%, 299 votes
    6) Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens), 9%, 285 votes

Jedi Temple Archives Top 6:

1) Darth Talon (Expanded Universe)
    2) Emperor's Royal Guard (Episode VI)
    3) Lando Calrissian (Episode V)
    4) Gamorrean Guard (Episode VI)
    5) Captain Rex [Phase I/Phase II] (The Clone Wars)
    6) Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I)

I really want to see a Legends character win, if only to tell Hasbro that there's still an appetite for them! You just know that this is all market research, most of these will be produced ultimately.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Lando! Lando! Lando!

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I just can't help but think the Legends people keep shooting themselves in the foot. It's great that there is such a impassioned fan base that is going to campaign for these characters and "rock the vote" so to speak, but are they all going to be there when the figures come out? If not it kind of defeats the whole purpose of using it as a market research tool.

16. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Well, we don't really have any precedent for it in the Black Series. I guess they'll see how Revan sells.

If we put non-movie characters and Legends in the same category, people went pretty nuts for Ahsoka and Kanan.

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
  18. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Wow, that really is atrocious. I'm amazed that they manage to get some figures so right and completely blow others.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow. That's right up there with the infamous "Monkey Leia" from the POTF2 line. That face sculpt is just awful. She doesn't look like a fiercely determined Rebel leader from Alderaan. She looks like a mildly perturbed cosplayer from Hoboken.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't know how that even made it as pre-production first view - what's w/ the enormous cheeks and chin?

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I don't know, I think they really captured the likeness of Pat from SNL.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Finally got Jango. The Forbidden Planet booth at CE 2016 had him for £25 on Friday and I passed then but today after lunch they had marked him down to £22.99. Mine now!

23. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Surprised you had a problem getting him. He turned up in my parents' local Tesco.

It's the Rebels Black Series that I can't find anywhere in London, unless I want to pay stupid internet prices.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Final voting is up on Starwars.com

Choices are:
    Jaina Solo
    Darth Talon
    Dengar
    Mara Jade
    Starkiller
    Captain Rex

Hmmmm...Do we have some shenanigans again? I don't remember seeing Dengar on any site's list.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    im very disappointed that Darth Talon is in the lead. VERY disappointed.