main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

My friend failed! I dunno why I want to go near eBay for these two.

Hera looks so good, I can't wait to get more Rebels characters. Along with the Legends characters, they're the only BS figures I'm sure to get. The rest I'll wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Aside from Leia however, this batch looks very solid.

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey, all, The Hasbro Toy Shop will have the exclusives on sale- AUGUST 9th.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18300

When will the Comic Con exclusives be available on the site? Although subject to change, we are planning on having the Convention Exclusives available to order on Tuesday, August 9th.The product will be located in the EXCLUSIVES category. No phone orders will be accepted. All Convention Exclusives are excluded from any promotions and discounts.
    What will the limits be for the figures? The limits will be the same at the show and on the site once they go live. These limits are per person and per household.
    Can I get on a waiting list for Comic Con items? No, HasbroToyShop.com does not have a waiting list for any items including Comic Con items.
    Can I preorder Comic Con items? No. We will not be preselling the Comic Con items.

The Link:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/exclusives#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:

No idea when they specifically release. Last year apparently it was 12PM EST/9AM PST so no idea.

3. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    The more I see of Jyn, the less I'm impressed by her. Those paint applications are terrible! The Black Series is so inconsistent that I may have to stick to the Rebels/Legends characters from now on. They've done such a poor job of the main characters generally that it's worth just holding off for Figuarts versions.

4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @SensationalSean
    Exactly^. It's hard to justify the asking price for these. That's kinda what figures I('m) going to pick up. I picked up my first one- the Celebration Kylo Ren and that was pretty good.

The Revision Rey for instance with BB 8, Staff and Lightsaber is worth it and one I hope to pick up.

I want the Ahsoka, Kanan, Sabine, Revan.

(and Hera, Rex, Grievous, TFA Luke, Qui Gon, Royal Guard when they release them)

5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I hope I can get my hands on the Lando and Royal GUard figures at least.

6. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

The exclusive Kylo Ren is a great figure, as is Obi-Wan. I reckon they rushed Jyn out to cash in at SDCC, thus the last minute announcement.

Ahsoka and Kanan are great too, probably my favorite figures in the line so far.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  7. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Neither have I.

9. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Obi-Wan arrived today!

[​IMG]

Tomorrow, I'll open them both.

10. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I finally opened these today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both are excellent figures and represent the Black Series at its peak; decent joints, articulation, accessories and (most importantly) paint apps. The sound quality from the Obi-Wan's Leia hologram is great too.

I decided not to bother spending the day refreshing Hasbro's exclusives page to get Jyn. I got very excited about her, especially since I was at the Rogue One panel where Felicity was presented with the figure, but her paint apps are just poor. I'll hold off for the inevitable 2.0.

11. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Heard a rumor that the protagonists in R1 will use several different items of clothing, tools and weapons so that's why you may not be seeing a consistent look.

12. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    It's not about the outfits (they look fine), the paint work on the faces is wildly variable. Focusing on the exclusives, Kylo and Ben's faces are tidy and well painted. By contrast, Jyn's apps are so poor as to hurt the sculpt's resemblance to Felicity Jones!

13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    So uh Images are available of the first wave boxed.
    It confirms Unmasked Kylo Ren does NOT include the Mask. That sucks if you didn't pick up the Celebration/SDCC exclusive.

https://www.facebook.com/jeditemplearchives/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10154489926952437

General thoughts:
    -Jyn looks definitely not worth £22.
    -Cassian looks nothing like we have seen in trailers, does this suggest a Snow planet?
    -K-Droid looks great, Very big apparently and in scale with the rest. I might pick that one up.
    -Deathtrooper,/black stormtrooper looks fairly good, I might pick that one up.
    -Unmasked Kylo Ren, pales to the Celebration version which I've already got. Sucks if you wanted the Mask as well.

14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Cassian has that outfit on Jedha. For some reason he's wearing winter gear on a planet that looks quite warm. Maybe variable climates? Hot one, cold the next?

15. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Jedah is "another dessert world" but with a twist. IT COLD!

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice. He's definitely on my to get list. Next we'll need a General Veers.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Maybe in a year or two but he's not that big of a character when say Padme, Lando, Dooku etc. haven't been made yet. I can see it happening though.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, and it's not helped by having a new movie released each year, limiting the number of non current movie related figures we see.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Those 6" figs looks great. Really nice job w/their likeness'. But wow, yeah, those basic figs look cheap and wonky w/those giant guns. It's like a return to early POTF2... in a bad way. I get that those are aimed at kids more than collectors, but last Christmas I got my 7 year old Nephew the 6" Black Series figures over the small 5POA series.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Can't tell if that was a joke or not. A twisted cold dessert? Ice cream planet! But you are right, deserts can be very cold. So many people just assume deserts are all hot, all the time. They are not. Temperature can change massively very quickly.
    Maybe Jedah has thinner atmosphere so it could look nice and sunny, but you'd freeze and get sunburnt without thick clothes (explains breathing equipment too).

23. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh gee. Did I get desert and desserts mixed up again.

Me was bads in English bak in skool.

24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Here's a link containing the next few waves.

http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1340

Revan looks fantastic, Sabine looks fantastic, Snowtrooper looks fantastic. Finally Hasbro seem to be knocking them out of the park.
    Krennic doesn't look that good though nor does Leia.

Post the ones I like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]#

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I can find them, all ^ definite buys for me.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  25. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Wow, that Sabine figure is really nice!! I'll have to track that one down.