main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I am all over that Snowtrooper. I also quite like Obi-Wan. But that Leia... they just can't seem to do her properly. Slave Leia looked like she'd been sniffing industrial cleaning products and Leia in Boushh disguise looks great until you take off the helmet. They just whiffed on Carrie's likeness.

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Good news if you are in the UK.
    I went to TRU and found a box of the exclusive Imperial Hovertank Pilot figure.

A lot of people have mentioned that it's a nice figure- I had a look at to me it didn't look great. The Helmet looks really rubbery and just generally bad.

They can put it next to the exclusive Snowtrooper Officer and Flametroopers plus the entire first wave from Last years Force Friday. Sigh.

3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Was listening to the Star Wars Action News podcast (episode before last, the NY Comic-Con edition) and they featured an interview w/the Hasbro team. They were asked about some of the harder to find early figures (like Maul and R2-D2 that go for big bucks on the secondary market) and they said that there are absolutely plans to re-release those in the future. Good news for those, like me, who skipped R2 in that first wave and now see him commanding $100+ on eBay.

4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I think they've said that for a while now.

R2 is underscaled though so maybe they'd increase his size to be more in line with the other figures.

I could see a two pack with OT C3-PO who is a Walgreens exclusive (I don't understand that either) and some other accessories- restraining bolts, comlinks maybe even throw in a Jawa. That would make a nice set.

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Got my all-time first 6" figure today - the Deathtrooper. I told myself I wasn't going to collect the 6" line at all - and I'm not planning on it - however, I couldn't pass up this figure. I really dig the design; it's my all-time favorite Imperial trooper design, and the R1 film isn't even out yet.

I also wasn't sure if I would be able to find the 3.75" TBS version, so I wanted to get this because I wanted at least 1 SA version - even if was 6".

In any case, amazing figure - the detail is great, I like the SA aspect, and the fact that the figure has a holster to hold the laser pistol. And, it's a great version of this character.

I also got the 12" & 18" version of the Deathtrooper. This is the first time I've gotten (or tried to get) almost all of the different scales of a single character.

cathiecat and Juke Skywalker like this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Good news if you are in the UK.
    The Black Series Six Inch figures seem to be reduced to £9.99 to make way for Rogue One from the Toys R Us website. I'm not sure if they are in store- I might go and see later today-. The earlier waves are available for delivery but the real deal here is the Rogue One Wave One figures are also on sale!

I might pick up the rerelease Rey with the lightsaber so she can go with the Unmasked Celebration Kylo Ren.

The site also lists the next Wave as available- Krennic, C3-PO with Red Arm, Scariff Stormtrooper Sergeant.

LAJ_FETT
    I'm very annoyed that everywhere in the UK seems to have skipped the Kanan, Luke, Ahsoka wave because I really wanted Kanan and Ahsoka. Do you know of anywhere I could get them for a decent price?

cathiecat likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    eBay UK? I think I saw some on Amazon UK but they are silly prices. I don't really collect Rebels so I haven't noticed if they've been around or not. If you're near London you could see if Forbidden Planet has them.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    UK news.
    I went to Toys R Us and it was a bit of a mess. Lots of people which is surprising because TRU is normally empty.
    The Six inch figures are all reduced I think, they've made a mess of putting out the figures and so some of the Rogue One figures are now mixed in with the Wave One TFA figures so it's unclear if they are reduced or not because they are still (mostly) under a £21:99 tag. I asked about this and they scanned one and they rang up as £9.99 so they should all be reduced.
    I didn't find any Deathtroopers or K droids unfortunately, what I did find were: multiple Wave One TFA figures (Finn, Rey without Lightsaber, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, masked Kylo Ren) a few other figures: Flametrooper. They also had a few of last years exclusive the Snowtrooper commando and the new Hovertank Pilot and so I assume they are £9.99 as well which is a bargain. For Rogue One figures they had: Cassian, Rey with Lightsaber, Unmasked Kylo Ren.

I found the Repack Rey with Lightsaber I wanted but had to go through a few to get a BB-8 who wasn't so grey. The figure itself isn't that great. I was very impressed with the Unmasked Kylo Ren Celebration figure and that made me consider getting into the six inch. I already decided I would get the Ahsoka and Kanan figures but knew I needed a Rey to go with Kylo Ren so they can fight.
    The figure itself is rubbery and squeaks when you move any of it's parts, the sculpt is okay but doesn't remind me of Daisy Ridley nor does the staff help. BB-8 is fun but he looks far too dirty.
    I would have liked the blaster she is given but I guess we'll get that another day. Hopefully Hasbro can make the figure better because it feels like a different line compared with Unmasked Kylo Ren Celebration and the pictures of Ahsoka, Kanan, Revan, Sabine and Hera. The Hovertank pilot for instance looks awful and really rubbery so it must be the plastic they decide to use.

I don't mind the price if the product is worth it, I'm happy I only payed £9.99 for this as opposed to the usual £21.99 because it isn't worth that. Hasbro just needs to make flawless figures every time with plenty of accessories.

PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I have to agree with all you said Darthmaul208, Hasbro has the ability to make great figures. It's kind of like they procrastinate on making the figures then are behind and just rush through making them.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Darthmaul208 like this.
  10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    If you are in the UK and want the Six Inch First Order Tie Fighter it's £59.99 at Toys R Us.

It's not my scale and too big but that's a fair price.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Interesting, if anyone has ever ordered from Hasbrotoyshop.com check your email, I got an email from Hasbro w/ a survey on Black Series merchandise. They were asking things like would you be willing to pay more for more articulation on the black series figures, what sorts of screen accurate helmets, weapons would you like to see, and what 6" scale figures would you like to see? I got excited because Padme and Hoth Leia were on the list. They also bwaahahaha had Rathtars, dewbacks, and rancors on the list. I NEED a 6" scale Dewback. I think Rathtars would be hilarious.

Interestingly they asked at one point if I'd like to see 12" scale figures....please give us something other than just the shampoo bottle cheapos.

They also asked what sorts of things would interest me in the 6" line - movie themed stands (YES PLEASE), sounds/FX - Meh whatever, or bigger accessories. It really felt like they were gauging interest in price hiking.

It's me - I put in even more requests for Padme and Leia figures along w/ a Boga w/ Obi-Wan. I also gave a big yes that I'd be interested in a replica of Rey's staff.

I told them I wanted more surveys, will be interested to see what else I get in the future.

Juke Skywalker and Darthmaul208 like this.
  12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    LAJ_FETT

Wow, an amazing deal for UKers. The Riot Trooper and Poe Two pack is really cheap- £8:99 from Argos.
    I was quick and got the last one in two stores. I think you can take the accessories off and then have a regular trooper.

That's one pound cheaper than TRU's single figure sale!

Act quickly.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not actually after those but thanks for the heads up. Next time I'll be in town will probably be Thursday for Rogue One.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My Wal-Mart now has several pegs filled to bursting w/the two Rogue One waves (they were also priced at an appealing $16.96). Maybe the hype from the movie will thin them out and make way for Wave 9, of which I want all but the likely chase figures, Darth Revan and Sabine.

15. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    I got a 6" Scariff Stormtrooper earlier this year. Excellent figure! I really liked these guys in Rouge One - they seemed to be the predecessors to Biker Scouts.
    I will admit that the main reason I got this figure was because I haven't been able to find the 3.75" TBS version of this character - and I really want that figure.

I don't have a strong desire to collect any other 6" SW figures, since I have most of their 3 3/4" counterparts - and, I don't want to get too deeply into collecting another scale/line of SW toys.

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

They weren't predecessors. There were clone scouts. The Imperials just updated the armor.

17. Blur

Aug 11, 1999

Same difference. They had similar armor to the Biker Scouts, but were around before the existence of the BS's - and, as far as I can tell, their armor definitely appears to be a previous version of the BS armor....that's the first thing I thought of when I saw Rouge One for the first time. This is similar to the clone armor in the prequels obviously being a previous version of the Stormtrooper armor.

One of the definitions of predecessor is: a thing that has been followed or replaced by another. Obviously, that definition fits in this case.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    A guy I follow on YouTube just posted a review of the 40th anniversary Leia w/the new head sculpt. If you want to see a side-by-side skip to 5:00 in. It's a vast improvement IMO. Really captures Carrie Fisher better than anything in this 6" scale thus far.

B99 likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, looks a lot better than first one!

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Where they selling those 40th anniv. figures?

21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Darth Basin

Hasbro Toy Shop took orders right after toy fair but they might be sold out now- don't worry they will be stocked in a couple of months.

22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Thanks for the 411!

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    STILL no luck finding Darth Raven wave....:(

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I see that my local Wal-Mart is getting ready to do a spring reset in their toy section (and this is likely true of a lot of retail chains). I could see that wave popping up when it's finished and before the 40th anny wave hits. I grabbed the figures I wanted from that wave online. Only a few extra $ apiece, and none of the running around from store to store and crushing disappointment.

B99 likes this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, better than going around to stores and finding nothing over and over.. I asked a Family member to look for Krennic, (Who lives in different state.) and first try, she finds him.. I don't understand what's with my area...[face_dunno]

Juke Skywalker and Darth Basin like this.