main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, you may very well be right. I remember the Sideshow Jabba situation - I ended up getting Jabba himself & not getting the throne because I didn't want to pay the extra $ - in fact, IIRC the throne set was more $ than Jabba himself. And, re: this Sideshow Jabba, it's one of my favorite SW toys - superb sculpt, and well worth the $....

Re: the 6" Jabba, I guess I would pay extra for the throne in case it was sold separately. Maybe they just want to keep the Jabba down to a certain price point....Although, I can see someone like me buying the Jabba without the throne, but if you buy the throne you will almost certainly be getting Jabba to go along with this....

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If they do decide to sell the throne à la carte I want some value added. I want a pipe, a bowl of frogs, Salacious and Oola. If it's just the throne they can keep it and I'll make my own.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be mad, too, because I'd sooo want it, but no way I'd pay the kind of money it would demand. That Boba Fett still hasn't come down.

They can't do much in this 6" scale, but Taun Tauns and Dewbacks are doable. Maybe a Landspeeder.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well and down the road there are Prequel critters. I really love my 3 3/4" scale Boga and have always wanted a 12" scale version of him, but I'd take a 6".

I'd also love a 6" scale Bantha.

At this point we don't know what sorts of vehicles, critters, etc that will show up in the next films either.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't have many critters, but I did get the Nexu from the AOTC line.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    There are certainly enough critters and creatures in the Star Wars universe that would be doable in this scale to keep Hasbro busy for several years to come. And if they keep the price point the same as it is for Jabba, I think collectors will snap them up.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Did they say how much Jabba will be?

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Both Jabba and the Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike will retail for $39.99, which is about $10 cheaper than I was expecting when I read the rumors a few months back.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh yeah that's a good price point for them! I'd even get a biker scout for that!

9. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I don't think a dewback is out of the question. What with the two sandtroopers and all, I think it's quite reasonable to expect one down the road. Especially if the speeder bike and Jabba do well.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, when I first saw that 2nd Sandtrooper I thought he might be a pack-in with a Dewback down the road, but it looks like he's going to be sold separately (totally understandable considering how popular the first one turned out to be). I'd guess that a Dewback is roughly the same size as Jabba, so yeah it's totally doable, and I'd say quite likely by the end of the year.

11. CptSteam

CptSteam Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 14, 2014
    Is there any word on when this newest line will be released? I've been waiting on a 6" Scout Trooper for a while now.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wave 3 has reportedly been hitting TRU's (and some Targets, I believe) across the U.S. in the last week. I would say in the next week or so it should be hitting nationwide. Not sure about outside of the States. I hit up Target and Miejer earlier in the week and they didn't have anything save for a few peg warming Slave Leias. At least there will be plenty of peg room for the new stuff!

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I mostly just want Obi-Wan and Luke from this round. I just can't get overly excited about stormtrooper after clone after stormtrooper. One here and there is fine but I don't need them all.

Chewie looks badass Btw! I can't wait for him, Vader, and Anakin! I'll need 2 Anakins for each face.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My Luke arrived the other day and he's pretty cool. My only complaint would be that it's not the best likeness of Mark Hamill. He looks more like Owen Wilson. I'd post some pics but my PCs (Yep, plural) both died on me last week and I'm on my back-up back-up PC until my new one arrives (It should've arrived Friday, but that's another matter). This one is soooo old that it acts a little wonky w/my iPhone.

You're so right, Chewie looks rad. Vader, too.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Both PCs died? You sure it wasn't a Windows update that caused problems?

16. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    So far, I'm mainly getting the Armored figures and Aliens. I love the Sandtrooper, boba, and I can't wait for the Darth Vader. I'm currently Clone building in Sixth Scale and would love to do it in the 6in figures if they ever release a few of them.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Saw a Han at the local Entertainer today. First time I've seen him. Only other figure they had was R2.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, unfortunately my hard-drive went 'pffft' on my main PC. I thought about replacing it, but just decided to get a new PC. My back-up is old and has been chilling out in a closet for a few years. I didn't even bother messing with it much. My new PC is still in transit. Grrr.

I was out and about today, but no sign of Wave 3.

19. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    A friend of mine got his series 3 figures in and is letting me review them. Last night I reviewed Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I love Ewan McGregor's portrayal of the character, but I think this is a really weak figure. He's just kind of lifeless and feels very barebones when compared to many other figures in the line. I don't understand how this guy got through production without someone pointing out that he really needed a cloak. I'm disappointed. :(

20. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah, so far I'm not liking the Human 6 in figures. The Armors and Aliens have been really well done. Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, and Greedo look pretty good. I think X-wing luke doesn't that bad either. Super excited for Jabba and Darth Vader.

I still have an unopened Casepack of the 3.75 inch figures wave 3.

21. CptSteam

CptSteam Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 14, 2014
    I think the reason X-Wing Luke looks good is they were able to hide the joints really well. The vest hides the torso articulation and the straps around his legs hide the bend in the knees etc. On the other end of the spectrum is Slave Leia, which I haven't picked up because the joints look so bad on bare skin.

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  22. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    On any articulated figure, how to not make the joints stick out is always an issue, and you're right it's even harder on a semi-nude figure.

Even on high end figures, they still haven't figured it out 100%

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Han didn't look too bad. However I normally don't collect him and I wasn't about to spend over £20 to get this one.

24. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I like his Bespin look more than the IV version. I'm still debating getting him or not.

25. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Han's actually one of my favorite figures in the line. His headsculpt is probably the best of the human figures (X-wing Luke isn't bad) but his accessories, outfit, and articulation are perfect.