main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Throwing another one up: Here's my review of the basic Stormtrooper!

I love this guy. He's awesome. This is actually a friends figure so I'm still trying to get my own.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Barbecue17

Nov 11, 2013
    Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  3. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    Good review. That face scares me.....I personally think Hasbro can do better than that.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok what the hell is up w/ his eyes? Why does he look like he hasn't slept in a million years? The X-Wing Luke was sooo much better.

Bleh - I might pass on him.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not crazy about the face either.

6. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I thought it was an animated version of Luke for a minute there.

7. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Am I the only one who sees a striking resemblance?? Nice Job Hasbro at nailing Cillian Murphy's Likeness!

8. Barbecue17

Nov 11, 2013
    Huh. You know, that might actually be really useful for Batman collectors wanting to make an unmasked Batman Begins styled Jonathan Crane. Scarecrow since Mattel always gave him the burlap mask in the Movie Masters line.

9. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Ha, Star Wars figures are usually the only small figures I collect. Not really a fan of any other lines.

However, it's interesting to note that the High End Toy company Hot Toys made a Scarecrow in 2010 and they had his mask on too. Maybe Cillian doesn't sign off on his likeness? Not sure, I'd think that to be in big movie like Batman would mean you have to sign for them to use your likeness.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I was really disappointed when I saw the face sculpt in person. He sorta looks like a catatonic Owen Wilson.

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  11. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    I totally see it now!

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I swear, if the next Han ends up looking like Vince Vaughn, I'm done with this line.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I have had zee-row luck finding wave 3. Not even a straggler, let alone a Stormie. Luckily I got my Luke on-line at a pretty good price, but I flat-out refuse to pay $40.00+ for the Stormtrooper. I'm starting to get frustrated with this line already, and I have little hope it's going to get better when the Vader and Chewbacca waves are released. This is the sort of thing that could kill this line. I'm not ready to bail quite yet, but I'm not having any fun collecting it, that's for sure [face_bleh] .

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen anything beyond Wave 1 locally. Want the Fett but not enough to pay silly prices.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, Fett's going to be tough to track down at retail. My local Target recently re-stocked with wave 2 (within the two day gap between my visits) a few weeks ago and he was long gone. Hopefully they pack him as the fourth figure in a future wave. I know there are a lot of collectors out there who still need him.

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Today I was at Meijer, and after a few weeks of empty pegs, they had finally re-stocked... with Wave 1. There was a Luke and a Sandtrooper left, along with a Han, which means they also either put out wave 2 or 3 since the last time I was there.

The good news on the 6" front--at least for me--is that I learned that my friend bought me the Stormtrooper for my birthday next month. I thought he was acting odd whenever I would mention I had gone out hunting for the Stormie and he finally broke down and told me to stop looking.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Lucky you!

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    And thank goodness, too because my resolve to not pay $40+ online was weakening by the day :p.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Next wave has Anakin, Clone Trooper, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett.

Juke - well at least if there was one fig you accidentally got 2 of, a Stormtrooper would be fine.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, seems like I heard Chewie got pushed back? I believe they were carrying the Stormie forward already, so Boba Fett must be replacing Chewie. Normally I wouldn't be very happy with two re-packs this early on, but I know a lot of people are still hunting for those two figures.

They'll probably end up carrying the Clone Trooper forward into the next wave or the wave after that for the same reason.

That's very true.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I heard they were having problems w/ Chewie also. Putting Boba back in the boxes is a smart move on their part, second market demand is still high for him.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My friend said that he read they were struggling with the packaging for him. Because he's so much taller than the other figures he doesn't fit well inside the boxes. The images from the NYC Toy Fair did have him crouched down inside the package and looked a bit awkward as a result. They may just have to bite the bullet and make a large box for Chewie. They'll likely need a larger one for Vader anyway. Might as well get it over with now. I'm sure retailers wouldn't be too happy, because they plan-o-gram for this stuff, and they'd likely have to temporarily adjust some pegs to fit the larger ones in their sets.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ding dongs as Hasbro should've planned for this in the beginning and just made all of the boxes bigger to start with....you know adding stands would help make up that difference. *Grumbles

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Exactly. It's not like Chewie is a new character. You'd think someone there would've been thinking ahead when they were designing the packaging. I just looked at one of mine, and just eye-balling the packaging, I'm not sure it'd be deep enough to hold a Gamorrean Guard should they ever make one (which is likely I'd say). So there's another bump down the road.

Grrr, yeah, the lack of stands for these is annoying. Considering the scale, the price and the fact that most people are buying these to display and not play with, would it kill Hasbro to throw in a plastic stand?

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They had full wave 1 at my grocery store tonight. Yep, that's helpful. NOT.