main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Ability Announced

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Jedi_Natalie, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It looks like they just announced the new ability Overkill: During each of this units attacks, you may divide hits in excess of the defending unit's health between that unit and another unit in the same arena.

What does everyone think about it? I think this is going to be huge for teh Death Star. This could also be pretty dangerous for swarm decks.

Only 3 weeks away before we can give this one a test drive.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I think we've seen the last of swarm decks when this baby comes out, even the deck this week doesnt look to up to scratch to counter this.

3. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    There going to have to come up with something to help small units. If they have done something this big for big units then they've just got to do something for the little units. We'll have to see what the other ability is.

4. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Maybe if they start putting shields on some of the smaller units they might be more effective.

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Reserves! I love this idea.... You get to keep units in the build zone and tap them for special abilites. Now when you play them - then retreat them that means you tap - so I guess you wouldn't be able to use your resevers until the next turn after you retreat. Bacabachaui can you clarify this? I think you said something earlier about knowing the diff between retreated units/built units and the like - did you mean this?

I love the idea that you can build up an army and at the same time they can help you along.

6. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I think that is right.

I think both new abilities are very cool for all the reasons you guys have already stated.

Overkill-Great way to get all the hits out of a unit and not waste any (or very little).

Reserves-put those retreated units to work! It makes the balancing three arenas and retreating game that much more complex.

7. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    I can already see some good decks featured around Retreat Underground and maybe Into the Garbage Shute.

I also think they should rerelease the Death Star With Overkill [face_devil]

Looking forward to a few packs of this set :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.