New AC members

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jay, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    jedi-girl, short of showing you the threads on new members from when I was there (which I cant do, even if I wanted to), you will just have to take my word...of the 5 members I personally nominated, I had only ever actually spoken to one. The other 4 were members that I had seen posting and had much respect for. How that is a popularity contest, I dont know.
  2. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think it would be cool for members to suggest AC candidates, but that's not the real problem.
  3. jedi-girl Jedi Master

star 4
    I trust you, dagsy :) It is nice to have a little more information about how the entire process. The fact that there is a lot of discussion about it among existing members is a good thing to know.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread "get to know your AC members" here in the Communications. Where we could post questions to AC members, like this one.
  4. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    I think it would be a good idea to have sticky threads (or maybe at the top link bar) in both Communications and Welcome New Users, so that new users who don't come into Communications often still have an avenue to use.

And the use of the Title feature would be good too. :)
  5. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    The title feature is actively being discussed both in Mod Squad and in the Advisory Council forums.
  6. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    True, it might be a good idea to have a link in the Welcome forum to a thread or something that says who the AC members are, and what their job is. Kinda like the "Your friendly neighborhood admins" thread.
  7. Morgaine Ex-Manager

star 6
    There is a thread about the AC in "Welccome New Users", and I've already thought about putting the link into the header. :)

Now all I need is a manager who can actually do this. ;)

//writes PM ;)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.