main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI New action figure arrivals!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by royalguard96, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Hello all. I thought this thread could be for us collectors in the group to post our new findings as well as where we spot the newest waves of figures and other such collectibles.

I am still searching for a second royal guard figure as well as Taun We. However, the Toys R Us in Pontiac got a motherload of Count Dooku and Yoda figures today, as well as the Hangar Duel Anakin. I already found all of these earlier, but I know they were hard to find. So Robert, Dustin and others, let's make this thread to help out our obviously out-of-control collecting habits!! :D

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Yoda figure? Is he really, really cool?

3. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Actually I think the Yoda figure is the best of the Episode 2 lot so far. He is very :cool:

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Sweet. I'm stopping by TRU on my way home then. :)

5. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Brad have you seen the pictures of the variation Bespin Duel Luke? The right hand's are totaly diffrent. One has a bloody stump and the other has no blood. That is a very big mistake I think.

As of right now I have all 27 figures. So right now all I am waiting for are the new ones to come out.

6. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Jedi_Knight_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Right now i have all 27 and 2 of most figures. For Taun We, Royal Guard, and Luminara I had to resort to ebay to get them. I didn't pay too much those. About $11 each. I would love another Yoda though. I think I might go buy one tomorrow before the meeting!

7. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Damn, what am I still doing up at this hour?? LOL

In the spirit of this thread, here are my new additions: another royal guard, Taun We (finally!) the new Qui-Gon and the new Endor Rebel Soldier that looks just like Tom Green. I found these at the Howell Wal Mart. They also had some HD Anakins and a couple of Yodas and Dookus I pulled out from hiding ;)

8. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    I went into my Wal-mar today and found the Endor Rebel Soilder, Orn Free Taa, Qui-Gon, and the Massiff. I got one of each except the Massiff I got 2. Nice figure. It also comes with a Geonosion Warrior, so 2 figures for the prices of 1.

They also had a bunch of Royal Guards, Taun We, and Luminara. And I got a second Luminara.

Good luck and happy hunting.

9. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    My brother also went to Walmart today and he found a non-delux Mace there. I'm pissed cause he didn't get me one though! I'll probably be going to a different one tomorrow to look for figures there.

Oh and does any one know when the Repulic Gunship and Arena come out?

10. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    While I'm not really a collector I figure I can offer to help those of you who do collect to find the more "hard to find" figures and the like.

I work out in Ann Arbor so I can check the WalMart, Meijers and ToysR'Us out here if any of you are having trouble finding anything. I can also check the Meijers and WalMart out in Belleville (where I live) as well.

Just post the figures your having trouble finding and I'll check those stores out that I listed above to see if they have any of them (it may take a day or so from the time anyone posts, but I'll try to be as quick as possible).

Since I don't really follow the collectables too closely, if there are variations of specific figures be sure to give me as much info as possible since I wouldn't want to mislead any of you due to my lack of knowledge.

11. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    I went to walmart today and found a Qui Gon and a Royal Guard. They were the last two there though. It seems walmart is our best source of figs so I'll probably check them frequently.

12. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Both me and Royal guard found Mace and the Final battle Jango last night.

As for Mace I like him as a figure but I do like his slashing lightsaber attack. He throws his lightsaber not very good for a jedi fighting for his life.

13. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey rob and huttese member glen from MM at TRU? I went there today after seeing aotc and he was there telling me whats easy to find and whats not, just like at MM. I got final battle jango there, mace, another yoda, and the darth vader bespin. He also said that the bespin luke was going to be really tough to find.

14. Micheloda

Micheloda Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002

I don't really want to sart collecting figures because of my lack of room...however I really really want a YODA figure!!!! I will probably get one this coming weekend sometime hopefully.

15. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    Once again I found new figures. I found Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel soldier, and massive at target.

16. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    JKF: Where did you find those? I ordered the Bespin Luke and Vader from the Star Wars online store (5.99 each) so the only one I'm still looking for is Orn Free Ta.

17. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    royalguard - I found all those at target on 16 and van dyke. i went there later on in the day too to see if they put any more out and they had even less than before. i think i am gunna go out tomorrow to other different targets to see if i can find them. if i find an orn free ta want me to pick one up for you? oh and i found vader bespin at toys r us by lakeside. they had a bunch there.

18. Vinyl_Cape_Jawa

Vinyl_Cape_Jawa Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello.
    Has anyone seen a Tie Bomber exclusively at Walmart? Been looking at my local one in Troy and haven't had any luck. THanKS!

Regards,
    jon

19. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    JKF:
    Yes if you could find an Orn Free Taa for me, I would be hugely appreciative! That's the last one I'm looking for from the newest batch. I ordered the Massiff and Baspin Luke and Vader off the wizards store site for 5.99 each. If you do come upon one, send me a PM and we can work out the details. Thanks!! :)

VCJ:
    The only time I ever saw a TIE Bomber in a Wal Mart was the one in Westland, and this was in late April I think. I hate to disappoint you, but I would be very surprised if you saw one in stores from here on out. I went back to that same Wal Mart 5 days later and they had no Bombers or new Snowspeeders (saw 3 of each the first day). Best of luck to ya and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

20. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Same here I never saw a tie bommber at Wal-mart. But I did pick up a snowspeeder there.
    As for the figure's I am a complet for now. but I will be buying another Vader because the one I picked up Saturday has a crease in it.

21. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Apr 23, 2002
    Royalguard:
    I went to a bunch of places today. No luck. All I found was one vader at a toys r us. I'll keep my eye open though. I'll probably check a few more places tomorrow. If I happen to see one I'll pick it up for ya.

22. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Much appreciated JKF! Hopefully this can turn into our little Detroit-area thread where collectors can help each other out some. I know I've spotted some waves of figures in my circles I never saw anywhere else (like Sio Bibble Ep 1 wave).

I usually stop by at least 1 Wal Mart, TRU and a couple of Targets during each week, so I'll keep everyone updated.

23. Vinyl_Cape_Jawa

Vinyl_Cape_Jawa Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Royalguard96:
    Thanks for your response...I was thinking it was slim to none. I appreciate you keepin an eye out for a Tie Bomber. And for the rest of you...regarding your figure needs, I'll keep an eye out as well. I'm close the the Oakland Mall TRU, Target and some local Kmarts.
    Regards,
    jon

24. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    You guys are so lucky that you have a lot of stores to go to and look with out a great drive. Me I have 1 Wal-mart 1 K-mart (they have not put one new thing out since the 23rd)and a Meijer (same with K-mart). I have to go all the way to Flint or Sterling Heights for a Toy's R Us or Target.

25. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    I got a report yesterday of some Bespin Lukes with the bloody hand stump at the Pontiac TRU. Unfortunately I didn't stop by there because I already ordered that one from the official store and now I have to wait for the damn thing to get mailed to me....grrrrr.....anyway, if you're in the area it's worth a trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.