main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Ahsoka novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Mar 31, 2016.

1. RemusPo

RemusPo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2016
    So is anyone who has this book going to give info on what's said about the unfinished TCW arcs in this novel? I'm really craving some new siege of Mandalore information.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I was actually talking about Ahsoka having a romance and not getting married, though I'm sure she has plenty of friendships as well.

theraphos likes this.
  3. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    So long as that romance doesn’t lead Ahsoka to do something immoral then I’m okay with that. Wouldn’t you agree that anyone can love someone without having sex with them? Why do so many people confuse the emotion of love with the act of sex?
    It’d be interesting to see Ahsoka struggling with moralities, something they were going to explore with Nix from the unaired TCW. Nix would lead Ahsoka into the life of smuggling and Ahsoka would ultimately reject that life for moral reasons. Maybe Nix will make an appearance.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Knight Wolf

Weren't you asked to take that type of talk to our Official Homosexuality Thread? I'm not going to continue that conversation with you about Ahsoka. She's not doing anything immoral by being in a relationship with someone, whoever that may be.

I hope we get some Siege of Mandalore information too. Especially after the Ahsoka panel at Celebration.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I already told you to take this to the Homosexuality Thread which I linked earlier. This is your final warning.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm going to add that we have a hate speech policy on these forums, and as far as I'm concerned you're pretty much crossing that line. You've been given more than enough lenience on this point. Being off-topic is the least of your concerns here.

Like PG says, this is your final warning. Knock it off.

If you have any questions, PM one of us or any other Lit mod about it.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's certainly not as controversial, but what is the spoiler policy on new novels that are released? Is it safe to suggest that spoiler tags should be required for at least a few months - maybe half a year - until it's safe to talk about the book out in the open?

8. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    General Spoiler Policy
      • Use the official discussion threads whenever possible.
      • Always be courteous to those who do not wish to be spoiled. Use spoiler tags for major spoilers.
      • When posting a spoilers-allowed thread, put a spoiler warning in the title. However, do not put spoilers in thread title itself.
      • Absolutely no spoilers may be posted in threads marked "no spoilers."
      • If you receive an advance copy of a novel or other publication in an official capacity (e.g. reviewer, translator, bookstore worker, etc.), you are forbidden from posting major spoilers prior to release date. Small spoilers, however, are allowed. Also, if you received your copy early by "legitimate" means (e.g. Amazon shipped early, bookstore put it out early, etc.) you may post spoilers.
    • When in doubt, ask a moderator.
    Novel Spoiler Policy Timeline
    The novel spoiler period lasts 30 days after the release of a novel. During (and before) that time, spoilers should be kept in designated spoilers-allowed areas. One month prior to release, an official, stickied novel discussion thread will be posted. This thread will be spoilers-allowed.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

30 days? That's not alot of time for the casual reader to finish a new novel. I guess I shouldn't complain. I'll just steer clear of these threads until I've read the book myself.

10. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    its not like it is a G.R.R. Martin novel of a thousand pages

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Earth-shattering revelation:

People read at different speeds.

Threads are tagged as spoiler codes required / spoilers permitted so you know whether you should or should not enter - it's a reasonable and effective balancing act.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well this thread is neither tagged as "spoiler codes required", nor "spoilers permitted"; hence why I asked in the first place.

13. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Standard policy right now is that any spoilers are tagged, since the book hasn't been released yet.I'm sure once the book is released the thread title will be updated accordingly, as all the other threads for books have been.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What Dante said.

The book isn't out until October. What'll likely happen is probbly 2 weeks before, the thread title will get updated, as people do get early copies by entirely legit means.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I'm glad that even the early released pages of the book have been spoiler tagged. I really don't want to know the intricate details of the story until I've read it for myself.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, most posters are polite, spoiler-tagging is good manners.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I have never owned an audiobook before, but I think now is the time. I do not think I will be picking up the physical book then in this case.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd prefer the physical book; but I know everyone has their own preference.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've never had an audiobook either, although in this case it would be amusing to hear Ahsoka tell her own story.

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I will definitely be getting the physical copy of this book. Never had plans to get an audio book unless I found one super cheap... until now. I will be getting a physical copy and the audio book. This is amazing that they are actually doing this, I am so happy. :D

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I might get the audiobook but only on recommendation by other board members when the time comes. Who knows Eckstein might phone it in.......she probably won't though cos she's awesome!:)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah Like that's going to happen.

(Also SW/LFL team you have all the right people to do audio dramas again, nothing major but some mini stories with actors who aren't going to be seen again (HAN) would be fun. The Talent is all there, the sound effect, it's cheaper to produce too.)

SilentGuy66 and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Alternative solution: They contract Big Finish.

DarkMark, LelalMekha and darskpine10 like this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Turn it over to the fans!

Jimmy Mac for instance! Just give them more resources and actors (Harrison) and make it Canon.