main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo New and Curious

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obi_Kenobi_Devotee, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Hey, I'm new in the area! I moved in the middle of last year from California and I've been meaning to get in contact with my local fan force. I have a question--do any of you role play on the Force's RP boards? I'm curious as to how many people actually do that anymore. My little sister used to be into that sort of thing...so I'm just curious. Anywho, about how many people are in this particular fan force? I know there weren't a lot of people who participated in my old group. I'm blithering. Anywho! Hi.

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Hi there. I don't role play here.

As to who is in the fan force. there are about a half dozen of us that have attended. We still need a guy or two to event things out. :)

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hi! Welcome to the area. :)

I'm not sure how many of us there are, but there are, um, at least enough to keep us official. And we're actually really good at meeting monthly, but that's probably 'cause four of the members live in the same complex, three in the same apartment. LOL.

I've never done any roleplay here, though several of us have had roleplaying games in various forms over the years. Are you into roleplaying?

Dana

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi! Yeah, there are about five or six regulars who never fail to show up at least for part of the activities. I've done SW RPGs, but not any more. If I could find a good one, I might be interested. I'm Ish and we hope to see you around.

5. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I know, I know. I need to get to the activities. I dont think there is anyone here anymore that knew me from before when I went to a few activities. (you might have heard of some of them though, like Handyman or Navaren, and I met Corrin before too, though he may not remember me)

I promise I will start coming to activites (lets start planning the one for March so I can put it in my schedule)

And to Obi_Kenobi_Devotee, welcome! Always good to have more people in the group. I look forward to meeting you, as well as everyone else at the next activity.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    _JediKnight - You may know me, I've been in the fanforce since April of '02, as well. In fact, you joined the board two days before I did. :)

Dana

7. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Am I into role playing? Wow, not for years now. Truth be told I'm wondering because I'm writing my ethnography portfolio on role players and am hoping to interview someone.
    So you guys have a get together once a month? I really wish I was closer to town. My little sister loves Star Wars and would love to do something sometime, I believe. Well, if she wasn't so shy anyway.

8. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Closer to town? Where do you live (if you dont mind me asking)

9. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    I live in Spanish Fork. Wouldn't be such a long way if I'd gotten my driver's L before I moved. Laws here are strange. They told me I have to go to driver's ed even though I had my California driver's permit. Oh well...

10. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    If you only had a california Learner's permit then yes the law will not grandfather you in. If you had a license then you don't.

It isn't so different than laws like California demanding that nurses pass their boards, when everywhere else in the country accepts you passing the boards in another state. There are a million things like that... that really aren't in the end so strange.

All those Utah driver's Californian's like to swear at: Just other Californians :)

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    You live in Spanish Fork?! Dude! You and I totally have the same story. I just moved here from CA last Sept, and I'm just right up here in Elk Ridge bout 15 mins away. Weird. ;)

12. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    You don't say? Well, I have no idea where Elk Ridge is, but that's alright. What part of California did you move from?

13. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    That's okay, most people don't but it'a real close. My Bro-in-law's family lives in Spanish Fork. Anyway, I moved from San Diego county, Oceanside.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I served my mission in San Fernando. So I'm a Valley Girl, fer sure!

15. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    I love San Diego! That's where my dad grew up, and where most of my family lives. Oceanside has some the best beaches, in my opinion. I don't know if I've ever been to San Fernando. It's by LA, isn't it? I used to live over by Temecula, if anyone has ever heard of it.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I've heard of Temecula. San Fernando is close to Burbank. It's also across the border of a city from Pacoima and Sylmar. But our mission encompassed the Mojave Desert, the San Fernando Valley, the Nevada border.

17. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Welcome! Sorry I didn't welcome you before. I go through spurts of posting here. Too many boards and journals to check.

Wish I had a car (soon!) so I could pick up people who live further away but alas. At least we finally got a Provo chapter organized, before, everything was in Salt Lake. [face_plain] Not that there's anything wrong with SLC but without cars for most of us... yeah. Just impossible. ;)

As for your question on roleplaying... I rp, but not on the boards. That's too slow. :p I'm impatient. I've been rp'ing for... man, almost 5 years now. That's where most of my time goes. That, and getting sucked into new shows or trying to catch up on others because of said rp.

-Mia

18. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    I don't know where else to post this, so I'll just put it here. For the sake of not forgetting to do this, here's my fanfiction.net profile. I recall someone asking about it last night, so here goes. http://www.fanfiction.net/~amaranthinesomnium
    My stories aren't all that great, but I do my best. If you do happen to venture in, ignore my typos. Cheers!

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks! I was the one who asked about it.