main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV New and Improved Thread for Tidbits of Nothingness and Other Random Crizzap!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    So the original thread has been locked and rather than try to get it UNLOCKED i'll just start my own :) Especially cause I'm bored and no one has posted anything today :( where's the love?

2. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    lol sorry I fell off the posting bandwagon. Was out of town and then was sick for a bit

I'm back now though :)

my randomness for today is that my supervisor is out and I'm getting a lot of work done. its a productive day. well mostly.

3. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Its tax season for me, so I get a lot of work done this time of year! Remember, you have to file in order to get that tax rebate thing in May!

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Heh I already got my tax return and spent it all already :(

5. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    oooh yeah. I should do that. I'm going to have my first experience with state income tax this year. I'm afraid.

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Never filed a CO individual return, so I am of no help to you! Go me!

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm going to H&R Block. haha!

8. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    I did my taxes last night. Expecting my refund by the 14th.

E-file FTW! :)

9. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    pretty sure I'm doing that too. :)

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Hey, that's how I got mine done! I mean... I did it myself! without a calculator. in pen. blindfolded. and on fire.

My MP3 player has the best feature EVER. It can play songs at a faster speed, but it adjusts the pitch so it sounds normal, just fast. nothing like listening to the entire Star Wars Episode Sound track in about 20 minutes.

11. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    lol that sounds really cool!!

I've been thinking about getting a new mp3 player. I've resisted joining the ipod army, but with the 2 gig shuffle coming out for only 80 bucks, and with free engraving from the apple online store, its getting tempting. I think it may be time to retire my Zen Nano, I do love it though. Might look into getting another one of those. Really though, ever since I got my rook pierced it's made listening to things with headphones a little uncomfortable :p

12. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I only have Creative stuff (a Zen Xtra and a Zen Nano). I will never be part of the apple drones. NEVER!

13. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    hehe i'm a drone :). I have a 60 gig iPod video (i know i know...so old school...what with the 80 and i think they have 160 now as well...whatev.)

14. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    I had a 1st gen Shuffle (twice) but ended up selling them off both times.

Now, I was contemplating getting a video iPod, but I think I'd rather get a PSP instead.

15. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I've got a Creative Zen Photo 20GB which is fine for me, but the next PMD I'm getting is the Archos 605 Wi-Fi, that sucker is a beast!

16. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    I do like my darth vader edition psp. its pretty spiffy. I mean for video and stuff I'd prefer that, but for music, I like something sturdy and portable. I purchased a zen nano because it had features I was looking for at the time, battery that was replaceable (aaa), radio, input, could double as a jump drive, no need to install proprietary software.

I'm looking at a shuffle because I like the portability, and as an IT person, with so many people using itunes and ipods, I'd like to be more familiar with the hardware/software. Also I don't see myself going many places where more than a 12 hour battery life would be needed. Not sure yet though. Perhaps before my next long trip I'll get something.

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I have one of them. They are awesome...you can play video games on them! :D

18. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    And you can surf the internet on a PSP too! [face_dancing]

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Yes BUT you can also get an iPod Touch...which does everything that the iPhone does except for make phone calls :)

20. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
  21. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Haha I know! It's pretty lame but I can't help but to WANT one. But I stop myself...I have other things to spend my money on. Yup...Like star wars stuff.

22. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    my air mattress with built in pump has a hole in it, which I can't seem to find, and I have a week long houseguest who needs it coming in on wednesday.

guess I'm going to target :)

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Cover the whole thing in duct tape!!!!

24. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    Target rules!

EDIT: Also, isn't "Southern Nevada, NV" kinda redundant? :p

25. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    "Hi, thank you for calling the Department of Redundancy Department. If you know your parties extension please key it in now. If you would like to hear a Department of Redundancy Department listing press 1. If you would like to start the recording over press 2"