main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New and more than a little intimidated!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by GrimdarkRose, Jul 24, 2015.

1. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Hey!
    I've just signed up after about a year of reading these boards pretty much non-stop (Yeah, I basically have no life outside of Star Wars) and have at long last got around to creating an account. I've watched the films more times than I can count, and have developed a bond with the many characters of both the films and EU, especially the period between A New Hope and the New Jedi Order books. As you can tell, I'm really excited to receive this opportunity to interact with those as borderline-unhealthily-obsessed as I am with this amazing universe.

Thing is, I'm really nervous about talking to all you amazing people - I don't want to mess up! What should I do first, and where should I start???

HerEmeraldEyes and Bazinga'd like this.
  2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome GrimdarkRose! :)

It's cool that you signed up here and you did the best thing to get started: Post! :D

Honestly, it's hard to suggest a certain board or even thread, because everyone likes different things. So all I can say is: Take your time to look around and don't miss out any board (at least a quick check is useful). If you found a board that might be interesting, read the stickied threads/rules. That will help to avoid the main mistakes. In case you can't wait to start talking, read the first one to three pages of a thread and the last page and post then. In case you have any questions or would like to start a new topic, send a private message to one of the mods around. This way you avoid that your thread get locked because there's another one already or it belongs to a different board.

Have fun! :D

GrimdarkRose and Bazinga'd like this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome. If there is anything that any of us mods can do, please ask.

Ask Skiara but I used to be shy until I started posting here. :p

Pensivia, Skiara and GrimdarkRose like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    GrimdarkRose - welcome! @};- @};- Anyone around here would be happy to answer any of your questions via conversation/PM. The mods are approachable and vivacious. In Fan Fiction Writing Resource there are discussion threads and getting to know threads as well. As for reading, woot! so many great thingies.

Bazinga'd and GrimdarkRose like this.
  5. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Aww, thank you all so much!! I'll do just that!

I can't access emojiis on my phone, so just imagine about a thousand smiley faces here.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hint: You can use the hard coding instead of the pop up for the main smilies. That's what I do. And of course, you don't need to learn all. Just the ones you need the most.

For example it's : and ) to get :)
    Or : and D for :D
    Or ; and ) for ;)
    Or : and p for :p
    Or : and O for :eek:

That way we did it in the old days. ;)

7. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
  8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome, GrimdarkRose! I had never joined an internet forum before joining here, so I was actually quite shy at first as well. But there are tons of nice people around, and most areas are very newb-friendly, so I bet you'll start feeling at home here in no time!

Hope you enjoy the boards:)

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome to the boards

Don't feel nervous, we like making new friends all the time :)

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask :)

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  10. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Welcome!

As for you not wanting to mess up, just be yourself. We're all here for the same reason so you're in good company. You'll find a thread and people to talk about any aspect of Star Wars on here!

Hopefully see you again around the boards! :D

GrimdarkRose likes this.