main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New animated series CONFIRMED Fall 2014: Star Wars Rebels!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Greg Weisman, Executive Producer!!! Wooooooooooo! Heck yes!

InterestingLurker and Grimby like this.
  2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I just have one word to say on these news right now:
    [​IMG](You know what he is saying)

I hope characters like Tarkin, Yularen and Bail appear. Maybe even Han Solo along with Chewie?

3. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    [​IMG]

Can't wait!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

I'm running a SWRPG campaign right in the middle of the Dark Times right now (10bby), and when I look for canonical events in this era, there is almost nothing established. There's stuff immediately following Order 66, and stuff in the years leading up to ANH, but incredibly few pre-established constraints.

In truth, the post-ROTJ boundaries are much more significant, regardless of the EU, because the films which follow are still being written and re-written. It would be a logistical nightmare to sync up. There would be continuity issues galore and certain things which they just couldn't touch, because the sequel trilogy will always be growing. VII is a sort of "moving boundary" which is much more difficult to work around than a pre-established set of film boundaries.

Heheh, this is where our Star-Wars-ified brains might make us miss a few semantic points: The crawl is specifically referring to THE "Rebel Alliance," a named, organized group. Its very existence implies that there would have been smaller cells of insurgents, long before the establishment of an organized Alliance. This is particularly cool, because it allows us to see how different cells might operate (some might be a bit more sinister than the Rebel Alliance we know).

----

In other news, guys, TOLD... YOU... SO! And I even TOLD YOU that I TOLD YOU SO before TELLING YOU SO right now! ;)[face_beatup]

Bahahaha. But seriously, like I said before (and confirmed by the fact that Simon Kinberg is working on it), this will likely serve as a tie-in for the spinoff films, so we might get to see some of young Han's exploits. Anyway, point is, nobody ever said they were focusing the entire franchise's attentions on the sequel trilogy; I think they were just reconfiguring their personnel to optimize VII's production. It didn't mean they weren't going to bring in others to work on projects set in other eras.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, the time period between ROTS and ANH has barley been touched. GL has for the most part kept that era off-limits.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Colour me VERY excited!

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  7. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    I couldn't believe the news. I was sure they would do a show between Episode VI and VII but this is amazing news. Vader's Rise, the last of the jedi trying to survive. The Bounty Hunters like Star Wars 1313 was going to explore. Han and Chewy in their glory days. Obi protecting Luke from threats and maybe show the times he did it and Luke didn't even know about it. The Space Battles, The Rise of the Rebellion. Even the show being called "Star Wars Rebels" says a lot. Can't wait. I also love how basically they is the sequel to "The Clone Wars" as it's going to be based after "Episode III" and "The Clone Wars" was before "Episode III". Amazing news to see Ralph's works in this animation. The Dark Times Animated Show? Wow.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Couldn't agree more, though I expect fully that Ahsoka will help found the Rebellion/battle Vader.

Also this show needs to star Mon Mothma and Bail Organa.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Cautiously optimistic. At least it's not more PT era stuff.

Darth_Pevra and Heero_Yuy like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The thought just struck me -- who's voicing Vader? Not Matt Lanter, surely?

11. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I can imagine Ahsoka meeting Vader, realizing who he is, pissing him off by calling him Anakin and getting offed. That would be... heavy.

- I'm a person and my name is Anakin!
    - That name no longer has any meaning for me!

/LM

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Skyguy*

All is lost...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The guy that does the Chad Vader voice Matt Sloan and does Vader for a bunch of other LFL projects, I think the same actor doing voice for the This is Madness promos, I could see him doing it he pretty much nails it. I hope they don't overdo Vader one arc a season is enough for me if they are keeping that model.

14. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    I put money on the guy who did Vader's voice in TFU.

15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    To be fair, having a story where Ahsoka begins to sow the seeds of rebellion only for her to be killed by Vader and that particular rebellion scattered (only to reform again) would be heart-breaking.

It's only if Ahsoka was made to be Super-Soka that it would be terrible.

16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I notice there's been nothing about Lucas being involved like he was in TCW..

Dark times era isn't my favorite era, but having the guy who worked on Gargoyles and Young Justice is a nice plus.

Garth Maul likes this.
  17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Why not James Earl Jones?

I realize he might well die during the run of the show (he's 82 now), but at least use him while he's available. Unless his voice has faded with age. (He was still fit for the NOOOOOOOOOOO in RoTS.)

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I hope it's animated the same way TCW was, the show was getting pretty damn artistic by the time they cancelled it.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So I’m guessing Vader and Palpatine will feature prominently in this new series. I’m okay with that. Hopefully this undoes TFU.

GunganSlayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    There hopefully will be a bigger focus on new characters. I quite frankly don't need a ton of ROTS-ANH tie-ins.

At least we can assume we won't have the wooden puppet animation anymore thank the Maker (for selling out)

21. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm known as the pessimistic, negative, "Debbie Downer" of TFN (especially in the Disney era), but I will try to keep an open mind. I'm not being negative, but these are my concerns:

1) Animation quality... Near the end of TCW life, we saw some of the best animation around on a TV series. I hope that continues on. Even though A LOT of folks in the animation department were LAID OFF..

2) Story... The title "Rebels" seems to target the "beginning of the rebellion". Not quite "Dark Times". Who knows, maybe there will be some "Dark Times" explored. But I was looking more of the smuggling, piracy and bounty hunting era. Not just the life of Porkins and Wedge. Don't get me wrong, I like them too, but it looks like a Disney move to capitalize on the "obvious" Rebellion era vs the little known "1313 style" format.

3) EU... I know the EU haters don't care, but for EU fans, I hope the EU doesn't get "steam rolled". I know, TCW steam rolled "a bit" (Mandalore, blah blah blah) but for the most part TCW CREATED more EU, more than it destroyed. I hope this era of EU is somewhat preserved.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Is this not just going to be reusing and redressing unused TCW plot ideas and continuing the stories of the TCW-original characters? It sounds very much to me like an incredibly convenient platform for the illustrious Midnight Cowboy to tell the story of Ahsoka's life...AFTER THE WAR.

23. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Very excited to hear this! So great to have actual news about something of substance!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yes, I found this disturbing as well. I'm assuming this is the first official "non-Lucas" project. My hope is that as long as GL is alive, he'll always have some influence.

Budget... J.E.J. doesn't come cheap and Disney is notorious for trying to save money.

25. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    One thing I hope for is that they go full-blown anthology with this. TCW started out with this idea as well, then it's cast got downsized and kept the focus on the same core four characters(Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Padme).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.