main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New AOTC Figures! (Seriously Heavy Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthAttorney, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
  2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Man, my credit card's gonna have it's numbers worn off...

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I dunno actually...some look ok, but other stuff looks pretty lame. Those 12" ones look poor and the Reek...well....reeks!

Still, maybe Ill like em more when I see em in stores.

4. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    i'm a gettin the curved handled sabre.

gunna dress up for the premiere...can you guess as who?

5. Lach

Lach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    Wow. If Natalie Portman's going to be wearing that outfit (In the wave 1 collection 1 shot) than I am really excited!

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Mugwump?
    A triple buttocked gelf?

7. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    you'll also notice that in that same wave 1 collection 1 picture,obiwan has a pretty bizarre growth coming out of his head :D

8. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Dooku's saber= :D

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I really like Anakin's Sabre...

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ill be getting both Sabers I think...

11. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Dooku's blade rocks the casbah! :D

I'm interested in Jedi Master Shakti in wave 1 collection 2.....Twi'lek? With some kind of blaster bolt reflecting off his/her lightsabre? Nice touch, although hopefully removable.

And Padme.........*grrrrrooooowl* ;)

12. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, gotta start saving for EPII now!!

13. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    This is a written report on the Ep2 figures direct from the toyfair in America

Hasbro Introduces Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Toys & Games for Fans of All Ages At Toy Fair 2002 - Diverse Product Line Brings Innovation and Excitement to Fans of All Ages

NEW YORK--Feb. 8, 2002-- As kids and Star Wars fans of all ages eagerly await the release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones on May 16, 2002, Hasbro, Inc., (NYSE:HAS - news) will unveil its exciting line of toys and games based on the film at the American International Toy Fair in New York City.

Imaginations of Star Wars fans everywhere will take flight on April 23, when Hasbro's exclusive product line is scheduled to become available at retailers nationwide. With products designed to continue the fantasy of Star Wars for the young and young at heart, Hasbro's 2002 product line includes toys and games across a broad array of categories, including action figures and vehicles, role-play sets, board games, hand-held electronics and trading card games.

"Star Wars is one of the most popular and successful entertainment properties of all time and we are very excited about the debut of our Attack of the Clones product line," said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro's U.S. toys group. "We have worked closely with both LucasFilm Licensing and retailers to develop a product line that offers exciting play features for kids, while also providing products that we are confident collectors will love."

"Hasbro's new Episode II product line brings the Star Wars experience alive in exciting and innovative ways for both kids and the avid collector," said Jim Silver, publisher of Toy Wishes. "The line keys in on product categories that are the strengths for past Star Wars merchandising. One strong example is Hasbro's action figures, which are packed with great new play value that will bring the fantasy to a new level for kids."

There is something in Hasbro's Star Wars line to help every fan, new and old, re-live the fantasy. Hasbro's Star Wars action figure and vehicle line is an integrated play system allowing for the most awesome Star Wars play experience. New action figures put the power of ``The Force'' into kids hands with animated ``force'' and ``flipping'' features, and Hasbro's vehicles are more action-packed than ever before. Plus, kids will be able to have their very own R2-D2 INTERACTIVE ASTROMECH DROID that answers to their call, obeys their commands and shows the spunk that made R2-D2 famous! And, for fans that want to keep all of their Star Wars characters and facts in order, a handheld JEDI DEX is brimming with essential information, a trivia game and organizer functions.

For Star Wars game fans, Wizards of the Coast is introducing a trading card game that gives collectors and strategy game fans a new way to relive the action and adventures. Hasbro Games will unveil GAME OF LIFE: A JEDI'S PATH that brings Star Wars excitement to a childhood classic. And an all-new Star Wars preschool line from the PLAYSKOOL brand brings the fantasy to budding fans.

Additional details of key offerings from Hasbro's Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones product line includes:

TOYS

ACTION FIGURES1

Both kids and fans can experience Star Wars to the fullest with new basic and deluxe action figures, outfitted for the first time with animated ``force'' and ``flipping'' features that re-define the ``action'' part of action figures. Equipped with magnets in their hands, JEDI figures use ``The Force'' to summon and hold a lightsaber, open doors and hold onto flying droids. Select deluxe figures include flipping action bases that allow OBI-WAN KENOBI and COUNT DOOKU each to flip into battle against the other. (Basic figures -- Approximate Retail Price: $5.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up) (Deluxe figures -- Approximate Retail Price: $9.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up)

VEHICLES

Vehicles are a big part of the Star Wars fantasy play. The line includes vehicles such as the much-feared bounty hunter JANGO FETT'S SLAVE I, which contains a

14. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    when does it all come out here?

early may would be cutting it fine to buy the stuff before the premiere

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    No release dates have been announced yet

16. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    www.starwars.com has new pictures of the whole line (or at least a lot of the line) up on their site now.

My opinions?

The "Force feature" is kinda neat, but not enough to distract me from some seriously bad face sculpts and toys. Of the lead characters:
    Obi Wan, Dooku, Jar Jar, Jango Fett, Yoda and Mace Windu look pretty good, and Anikin and Padme look horrid. Other characters vary from toy to toy. I also think the set will stand out DRAMATICALLY from the rest of the SW line, since they are posed WAY to dramatically and the packets are almost totally redone and different.
    i give the figure line a 6/10: Not bad, but some horrid scuplts.

The Vehicle line, however, is AMAZING. The Jedi Fighter and Slave 1 look awesome, and the speeder toys look nice. But the rown jewel is the clonetrooper transport.
    OH
    MY
    GOD
    Im in love with this toy. It looks amazing and has more features than u can shake a stick at! I shudder to think on the price, but the toy itself is a masterwork!

The playsets and beasts are pretty cool if u like that kinda thing, but Ive never been a big fan of em so I didnt look for to long. A couple of the beasts look cool, and apprently they scale nicely next to the Tauntaun, Bantha and Rancor toys. The playet DOES look pretty cool, and if I was into setting up scenes Id totally grab it.

Anyway look for yourselves, and see what u think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.