main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX New armor

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    After being on the Battleship Texas, I was inspired to start piecing together Snowtrooper armor. This will be a work in progress but so far I have ordered the armor itself and will work on the rest in time. It is lacking a pattern for the cloth or whatever is used on the face piece. Any help on this would make me a happy camper.Also if anyone can suggest wear to find size 12 white snow boots. I will more then likely order the coat and pants from Starfortress. This may be Texas but this Montana transplantwants to be the sole snowtrooper in Houston. PM me with any advice.

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Stay away from Starfortress- all the reports I get on those guys are bad.

Let's get you set up on the Legion boards- you can find better quality parts at better prices from much more reliable people.

PM sent your way.

3. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    My project has a major setback. The armor I ordered was in the uncut form. It was a recast of this guys suit. It was thin and soft in many areas. Luckly I was able to get a refund. I am still looking for snowtrooper armor. Just not as soon as I wanted.

4. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I have found a better set and it is not a recast. Anybody know where I can find a white duster jacket? The boots should be easy to find but the coat and pants may drive me crazy.A white trench coat would work if I can find one.

5. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am happy with my second try with armor. It will be a fun project to work on. The casting is not the best but looks good enough for me. Look out Star Garrison, A snowtrooper is on his way.

6. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    What's the latest and greatest with the Snowtrooper armor? Got any pics of the work in progress? Look forward to seeing it at our next meeting as well.

7. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I have found someone in Dallas to make me the duster. I also found an online surplus store to get the boots. As far as putting it all together, I have trimmed and been sanding alot and am going to start on the helmet in the next few days.
    Looking forward to the next meeting.

8. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    The boots should be here in a week or so. My mother is going to make my duster , pouches and pants. It is slowly comming together.

9. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    My new boots came in today! They're still rubber boots, but at least these are the right height and I can attach my holster this year. C'mon Halloween!

10. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    I have been thinking about making a Storm Trooper Outfit myself, I have two Helmets, one is real heavy Resin cast which by all indications when what I have been able to find, is a 20th Centery Fox prototype abd not very suited to wear. the other is a Medium weight plastic on that came in two pieces and show work well. Does anyone actually Vaccum Form your owan pieces or do you purchase them from someone else?

Dan S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.