main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New around here

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by HolidaySpecial, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolidaySpecial

HolidaySpecial Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    Hey guys. I used to have a pretty active Internet life but drifted off as work and school got in the way. Though I'm not a diehard fan of the trilogy, I've certainly seen each movie my fair share and read a few of the books. I can hold my own, let's say, but mostly I can relate to the kinds of people that would be Star Wars fans.

I'm 18 years old, 19 within the month, and have an apartment with a friend of mine. I've lived on my own for about eight months now due to some, hmmm, unpleasantries with my parents. We're on better terms, but they're moving back to Florida anyway so that's that.

I have a Greenville mailing address though I'm technically in Mauldin. I went to Mauldin High School and graduated last year, and since I'm putting myself through college, Greenville Tech is the way. Eh, in a few years I'll be able to get more scholarships and probably attend USC or Clemson. I work at Books-A-Million off Laurens road, for far less than I deserve.

So what about the rest of you guys? How did this whole thing start, and do any of you hang out independently of these monthly meetings? If so, there's a little organization called the Caleb group that shows independent films once a month at Coffee Underground in downtown Greenville. Personally I avoid the place, a bit elitist for my taste, but the movies could be cool.

The next showing is thursday the 16th, at 7pm though everyone starts to arrive at 6. The movie will be In the Bedroom and has Kevin Spacey, so could be good.

Anyways, good to be here.

2. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey there HS. We are a pretty informal group and we are just getting our feet on the ground. We plan on doing more here in the future so hang around. We have about ten members right now ranging from around 12 to in their forties so we have a diverse group as well. Our love of Star Wars is what brought us all together and it has been fun so far. The next BIG thing we are planning on doing is Spartacon. It is a scifi con in Spartanburg in March. We are glad you are here and please get involved. If you need to know anything shoot me a PM.

Clay

3. SithLord328

SithLord328 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    WELCOME!

Hope to see ya at the next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.