New arthouse theater in Cary - Free movies and pig!

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by ohitsmagic, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohitsmagic Jedi Knight

For those interested in movies beyond the world of Star Wars (what? heresy!), there is a new theater opening Friday in Cary. It's called Madstone Theaters and they will be showing exclusively foreign and independent movies. This whole weekend they will be showing free movies: The Man Who Wasn't There, The Piano, Brazil, Citizen Cane, Waking Life, All About My Mother. Plus on Friday from 5-7PM they are having a free pigpicking to kick it all off!

The website is:
    http://www.madstonetheaters.com/series_detail.jsp?eventseriesid=3&cityid=3

I think you have to register at the site to get the free passes. Sounds like an exciting new addition to the Triangle community. It's at the intersection of Walnut Blvd and Cary Towne Blvd.

More info on Madstone:
    Madstone Theaters offer a unique new destination for film lovers. The company strives to create a distinctive, community-oriented cinema experience through varied programming, engaging discussion and collaborative partnerships with local and national organizations. Each Madstone Theater features an array of exciting independent, art and foreign films, gourmet food & drink and a friendly and knowledgeable staff.
  2. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent catch on that, Mike! That must be the same place as the old Imperial theatre that went out of biz a while back...It's about time my home town of Cary got some class! Gee, we were going to blockade that system, too.... [face_mischief]
  3. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm.. Cary with an arthouse theater.. guess they are trying to compete with Chapel Hill now ;)

Sounds good though, love the smaller places for the smaller movies. Of all the places I saw Chasing Amy, the Chelsa in CH was the best, might have to check the new place out one of these nights.
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.