main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New at this...

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by spiralpadawan, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Hi there, I'm new at this. I just met Erik and Erin online the other day. I live in IF. I'm writing a book that deals with SW and education. I was a fan growing up and have recently become an even bigger fan... my kids are addicted... yeah... addicted, that's a good word for it. But alas I'd rather them be addicted to SW than Barney! I'm looking to make friends with other fans and possibly have some of you review my book from time to time as I am getting it written.

I know you have a meeting tomorrow night, I am working on this lovely cough... if I feel better by then perhaps I'll join you guys... if of course that's ok?

Peace and blessings.

Melisa

2. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    If we can all appreciate irony, I have also been writing a book about education for the last six months, and was going to write a SW one after that.
    We HAVE to meet.
    My book is more of a memoir of the concealed chaos of the public schools, so I am curious as to what you are doing.

But I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Barry, former high school teacher in physics and math, and recently got my masters in adult education. My thesis was a 45 minute movie about how the brain assimulates learning. Since it was an educational project, I was free and clear to use SW and sci fi movie clips thru the whole thing. So, now I am REALLY curious as to your project, to see if we agree ;)

Hope to see you tomorrow.

3. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Hey spiral, welcome aboard. If you can make it tomorrow night we'd dig havin' you.

4. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi, Spiral -

Welcome to the group! This month's meeting is at our house, so if you want directions, just call me (Laura) at 524-8890.

Just so you know...the club provides food for all the meetings. This month we're having nachos and some kind of dessert. You just have to bring whatever drink you like.

Hope to see you tomorrow night!

PS - If you can't make it Friday night, a few of us are getting together on Saturday night to watch Alien Apocalypse on SciFi (also at our house). Just check the other thread regarding that if you're interested.

5. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I would love to talk about our books! Mine is about Waldorf education. George Lucas has a huge tie to the Waldorf school community and I am using elements from SW to help explain the basic principles in the Waldorf method.

I would love to hear about your book too!

So... now that my kiddos are gone to their dad's maybe I can get some rest, kick the bulk of this cough and come tomorrow night! Everyone say a little prayer for me, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.