main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New Authors You'd Like to See Pen Star Wars Novels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthDragon164, May 15, 2013.

1. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    if we go the "Detours"-route I'd think Terry Pratchett could be hilarious :D

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have read precisely one thing by Gaiman -- it was a story about how Octavian was buttraped by Julius Caesar, or something.

I am not entirely confident I like his work.

3. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Always thought Michael Crichton would be able to write an excellent SW book; ashame he has passed away. Also really enjoy Tom Clancy novels and think he would do an exciting SW story; especially something with the X-Wing series.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  4. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008

Whats wrong with Stephen King? I think he could probably write a pretty cool one. Roland walks through one of his "doors" and strait into the Mos Eisley Cantina and a pimp-ass firefight ensues...

Maybe Jeff Somers too?

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Nothing's wrong with either of them, but Stephen King doesn't need to write every kind of book. I have the same reaction when people talk about Ostrander writing a novel, or Stover writing a movie--as if they work in their respective areas for want of other options.

6. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    H. P Lovecraft

Think about it.

7. Darth Arapsis

Darth Arapsis Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2013
    Was the DOTJ short story bad? If John Jackson Miller could do it.. I think Stover did write a script for a tv pilot..

8. Darth Arapsis

Darth Arapsis Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2013
    http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/10/11/the-lie-of-star-wars-as-entertainment/

I am Danj, i just don't know if i can change my username and even if i could i had only been here for a week.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Peter Bergting

Sandy Mitchell