main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN New Babylon 5 Novels Announced

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey B5 fans we've taken a beating lately. The spin-offs on TV failed do to network interference and football ratings, the theatrical film failed to happen with classic cast intact, and cast member deaths have been plaguing us over the past few years. It really is tough being a B5 fan.

But we still have hope. THEY still have not found a way to kill that...yet. The British RPG company called Mongoose Publishing is saving the B5 galaxy from it's coma. MP will be releasing six novels based on the B5 galaxy this summer! Not only that, but more are planned beyond those six. MP also plans to do a trilogy of novels based on B5's spin-off series Crusade! Yes Crusade will also continue on beyond the thirteen episodes created!

MP even got Claudia Christian (Ivanova) to write one of the novels. The title of her B5 novel is No Rest For The Wicked. Other cast members from the shows might also be writing B5 fiction in the near future. I suspect Bill Mumy (Lennier) will be itching to write one. The other novels are listed below in no particular order...

Rangers Dawning
    Actions Of Many
    Visions Of Peace
    Ashes Of The Past
    Birth Of Heroes
    No Rest For The Wicked

These new B5 novels will only be sold in Europe. BUT you will be able to order them via on-line bookstores. The first four novels will be released in June/July of 2006. As per the B5 dedication statement...faith manages.

2. Rangeramps

Rangeramps Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2006
    Glad to know that B5 will live on in some form. Btw, this is an 'old' friend Ulkesh2, remember me? At library so can only do so much. I'll try to contact you soon.

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey B5 fans...

Wanted to update you on the new Babylon 5 novels from Mongoose Publishing. I just pre-ordered the books over on Amazon UK. It is expensive, but hey we are talking NEW BABYLON 5 NOVELS !!! They won't be sent till July 4th. Nice little historical irony between that date and ordering from England. I'm so excited !!!
    [face_dancing]

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    OK B5 fans I have some cool news...

I have synopsi for the first six NEW Babylon 5 novels...

I'm not sure what order the novels come in...

1. Ashes Of The Past

Jeffrey Sinclair's father is the main character. Lt. David Sinclair and his starfury squadron face the menace of the Dilgar War.

2. Ranger Dawning

The year is 2259. For the first time the Anla'Shok Rangers will be recruiting Humans. James Vance of Earthforce is to be one of the first to join the Mimbari order. Can Vance transcend the resentment left by the Earth-Mimbari War?

3. Visions Of Peace

The discovery of a Dilgar weapon calls into action a recent Human graduate of the Anla'Shok Rangers. Michael Shaw finds himself in the middle of a growing conflict between the Earth Alliance (might really be misquote and might be the Interstellar Alliance instead) and the Centauri Republic.

4. Actions Of Many

As the Interstellar Alliance masses a fleet to assault Sector 83 the Shadows launch a strike. Captain Michelle Tennyson leads a last ditch effort to defend a hapless colony world. She organizes a rag-tag union of Raiders, Patriots, Traitors, and a failed Anla'Shok Ranger to buy time.

5. Birth Of Heroes

The story of Anla'Shok Ranger Maddox Cole is told. Yes this is the beloved brother that inspired a younger Marcus Cole to join the Mimbari order. We follow the adventures of Maddox in his service against the Shadows.

6. Baptism Of Fire - (a.k.a. No Rest For The Wicked)

The story of Captain Susan Ivanova after she left Babylon 5. As the captain of a newly commissioned Warlock Class Destroyer she must face a wary crew that question her loyalties to Earth. She must also face the memory of what Marcus Cole did for her.

Remember more new Babylon 5 novels are coming. Those hoping to learn more about Sheridan, Delenn, Garibaldi, and etc must be patient. Mongoose Publishing is taking a more panoramic view of the B5 universe. So that is why mostly new characters are being mentioned. Also a trilogy of novels based on Crusade are in the works. So yes finally Crusade will continue beyond the thirteen episodes of the TV show.

As stated about the B5 saga and its duration...faith manages.

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    ATTENTION BABYLON 5 FANS...

Today the Kesh received an advance copy of the NEW B5 novel titled Visions Of Peace from the British Isle. It is a novel with a very panoramic view of the B5 universe. Most of the novel takes place in the year 2263. That means about a year after the last season of the classic B5 TV series. I'm drooling excessively at the moment. The rest of the six NEW B5 novels will arrive in July and August. We live for NEW B5 novels...we'll die for NEW B5 novels. B5 lives on...faith manages. Now pass the spoo and WOO-HOO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.