main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY New Banner Ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-GonJohn, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    Banner Ideas

The people who run theForce.net Fan Force say that we shouldn't use our own likenesses in our Club Banner that's posted on theForce.net. Liability issues. I told them we understand and will come up with something new.

So what other ideas do you people have? I was thinking of keeping the text the same, but maybe using the club members favorite characters or something like that.

let me know, or better yet, make one yourselves and we'll put them all up and vote for em.

J

2. Zaxis

Zaxis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    The people who run TFN said *what*?!

Ok, that?s it. Liability? LIABILITY?! What liability?

I?m sorry, I DON?T understand. I thought that the rules were (basically) that anything ANYONE created that used SW copyrighted material in any way, shape or form, was automatically the property (or something like that) of Lucas Film by default... therefore, no liability at all. Oh, and no one is making any $$ or profiting by doing this, so I need to be made to understand.

There are so many other web sites (and message boards) that use SW imagery of original design and tons of people dressed up like and/or yielding SW props. I was already annoyed that I could not use a unique (personalized) icon as my user icon, now we can?t *really* customize our GRASWFC banner either.

All right, rules are rules. My ranting won?t change a thing. Liability issues or not, our banner will now pretty much look as generic as any other SW collage of images. I almost don?t see a point in making a unique banner at all. I feel that our ?spirit? will not be represented now.

Ok, enough of my complaining.

But it?s a major bummer.

3. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    I looked into the matter more in depth and it is not so much a liability issue as I assumed that it was. It is more that we want the FF chapter's to portray an open image, an inviting image for newcomers. With members on the banner, it may give off the impression that your chapter is closed to any newcomers and that some members are more important than others. I am sorry for the misunderstanding about the liability issue.

We just want to help. Good luck. :)

4. Emperor-Paulpatine

Emperor-Paulpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    Bahh!!!Let's just put the name of the club on there,simple and easy.If you want to make a banner with our favorite characters that kool with me.Biker Scout or AT-AT Driver for me!!

PT :mad:

5. Craigo-Fett

Craigo-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    that is a stupid reply joanzia. you just dont want us putting this banner up cause your not in it. ther are many ppl in this club and there not even mad about not being in the banner. so far i have seen that users here cannot use or share there points of view without some mother hen admin watching over them. i find your forums very poorly run. your a bunch of geeks trying to insert power that you couldt use in real life. leave ppl alone if there not hurting anyone. how can anyone show imagination and thought if there stuck useing the same image as everyone else. i dont think i want to come here anylonger. youll probably kick me off for stateing my opinions. i wouldnt be the first to say something against the mighty ppl running this forum and get jacked. untill some ppl can grow up im outta here. and soon so will the rochester forum. seeings we only have 4 users anyway. oh by the way you can see by reading other posts that the GRASWFC is always open for new members(even if there not in any of our other pics and images). this post in no way reflects the GRASWFC or any of its members do to the fact that im not really a member just a fan who knows some of the members and participates in some events. i am not officially a member. hence the honarary part. i know this seems to be a lot over one image but i dont like ppl comeing up with stupid ways of stomping on other ppl. rules are written and not thought up while reading a post.

6. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Dont come down so hard on Joanie. She's only the messenger in this case.
    She's not the one who doesn't want to put your banner up. In fact, your banners are ready to go. I'm the one who requested if it was possible to have some other banner.
    Your case is border-line because the people in the banners are in costume.

If the whole group totally insist on having this banner it will go up. But we are *requesting*, not *demanding*, that you try and come up with something else.

7. Craigo-Fett

Craigo-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    i apologize to joanzia. sometimes i can fly of the handle at little things. i also apologize to anyone else who was offended by my coments. sometimes i am retarded.

8. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    WOW!! I can't beleve all this was generated about a Banner. It's just a banner guys, no big deal. I plan on making a new Banner with a few characters and our name on it, as suggested before by myself and Paulpatine. IF people have a major problem with us not having our pictures on the banner, then we'll make a new title graphic for the GRASWFC website and put it on there. The FanForce Forum banner should be more representitive of the *whole* group, and if you think about it, they have a point (the admins). If we try to fit everyone on the banner it will be full of 80 pictures and no text, or really small text. Some may think they were excluded form the banner and we shouldn't *chose* a few to represent the *whole*. So we scratch the Our pix banner and go with just our name and some favorite characters ..

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.