main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Banner: Please Read!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    The creator of our current amazing World Series victory banner, DarthWormie (Mike), has been working on a new regular banner for our forum. Please click on the link below to view it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/rchickos/Boston%20Rebels/BostonBanner1.jpg

I wanted to give you guys a chance to offer suggestions so the banner can truly be representative of our group. Along with the banner we'll be getting a new color scheme as well, something more blue.

Mike's out of town until next Wednesday so he won't be able to respond to your comments until then, but feel free to post! I already offered him my suggestions, but I'm eager to hear from the rest of you. :)

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I must say that so far, I like Mike's work on our banners. :)

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I must say that so far, I like Mike's work on our banners.

I agree. His work is very good.

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I like it too. Putting our heroes in front of the Citgo sign looks cool. :D

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    So you three like it the way it is? You wouldn't change anything about it? Here are the suggestions I gave to him:

1) I thought that the blue of the sidebar could blend better with some of the blue tones in the rest of the banner.

2) You can barely see the skyline, which I know is tricky with all the other stuff we want in there. I was just wondering if it could be brought out/enhanced any more.

Keep the comments coming, even if they're only to say that he did a great job (as always!). :)

6. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Looks good.

7. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    First of all, I highly approve of the people chosen - Han is represented so I'm happy!! ;)

And blue is awesomeness.

8. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    Question or suggestion more likely....

Chances of getting YODA, MACE, Anakin, and OBIWAN Jedi group thing on right soide... so heros old republic on right side while heros next generation on other ???? something like Anakin and Obi back to back from movie and Yoda and Mace in fighting stances also ??? or AT LEAST YODA if not Mace.....

ESP since HE IS IN ALL 6 also ...... ONE OF THE ONLY 2 NON DROIDS to be in all six ... can you name the other ???? easy question .... and no you cant say PALPIE ......

He was only as Emperor in Original Trilogy....

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hi guys, thanks for all of the positive feedback regarding version 1 of my banner idea for the site. I'm typing this from my cosy hotel room here in Midtown Atlanta where it's a downright chilly 22 degrees outside! So much for Hotlanta!

There have been a bunch of really good suggestions so far that I plan on implementing sometime in the next week or so. If anyone else has a comment or two, please feel free to do so either in this thread or PM me. As soon as I've tweaked the design, I'll send it along to Rosie so she can post it.

P.S. I'm down here with about 8 other MA residents and we were all whooping it up in the hotel bar watching the Pats smack the Colts around! Woo Hoo! :D

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Banner update!

Mike sent me these:

Yellow Banner

New Blue Banner

I pretty much vetoed the yellow one right away. The colors would just be blinding to see day after day. ;)

However, the blue one is VERY nice. I liked all the Boston stuff he added to make it more representative of our city. There were two things I requested he change: add a rebel symbol somehow (I think it's an important symbol for our group, on our shirts and all), and fix up the left side of the banner so the things line up better and aren't cut off so abruptly. :)

Again, please post your comments. Mike, thanks again for doing such a fantastic job.

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I would also go with the blue banner,it looked very nice. :)

12. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I like the blue one!! :D

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I like the blue as well! I would prob cut the T so it ends at Han. Just looks weird to my eye.

ONE OF THE ONLY 2 NON DROIDS to be in all six
    Not sure what you're asking here.
    Anakin is in 1-3 & 6.
    Vader is in 3-6.
    Yoda is in 1-3 & 5-6.
    I think Obi is the only non-droid to go by the same name in all 6.

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Click here for Mike's revised work on the blue banner. I love it, and wouldn't change a thing. :)

15. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    The blue one looks awesome! Great job on that! Can't wait to see what goes up :)

16. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I like it! I like it! :)

17. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Can I get a "WOOT WOOT!"?
    See that glowy-domed building behind the rebel insignia? That's where I work :)

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I have all pieces of the banner in my possession now courtesy of Mike, and tonight I'll be emailing them to get them uploaded. Things will look different around here soon. :)

19. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Once again Mike's graphic skills shine, awesome job man. Can't wait to see it up and going.

20. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Good Job MIke!!! :)

21. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Stop it, you're making me blush [face_blush]

Seriously, Thanks for the kudos everyone. Glad you all like it!

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Seriously, Thanks for the kudos everyone.

They are well deserved, I especially like the return of the Red-Line car and the Citgo sign myself.

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    What do you guys think of the new style sheet:

http://tfn.thejediknightsofcleveland.com/boston/

This is pretty much how things will look unless people object. Mike fixed up the meeting of the main piece and background piece at the top, so hopefully that'll look much more fluid when we see it all together. He also made a cool revision to the sidebar. I'm just waiting to hear back about how to send these changes along. :)

I'm really happy with all of this. Great job again Mike. :)

EDIT: And thanks also to Brian from the JKOC who helped us out with the style sheet. :)

24. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Looking good. Can't wait to actually see it on the board. :D

25. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Nice colors. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.