main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Banner (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Well I noticed that the original thread for this subject has been closed, so I figured I'd launch a new one.

What exactly is the status with the new art that was created last winter? I'm seeing other FF boards get new artwork up without a problem but for some reason ours is sitting in an electronic dumpster somewhere.

Any new info on the status of all of this?

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I kind of know the new GSA, Jedi_Dajuan, from the Games forum, so if you want me to ask her about it, I'll gladly do so, but we really need to hear from Meriwyn, our RSA, about it first.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm sorry guys. I tried contacting different GSAs about it at different points over the past year and for some reason no one was able to do it. What that reason is, I don't know. I still have all the files so I will talk to Meriwyn about it and hopefully we'll be able to FINALLY get our "new" banner up.

Thanks again Mike for giving us the new banner. I know you worked really hard on it and I can't wait for it to finally be installed. :)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    And all this time I thought that this "was" the new banner :oops: [face_blush].

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Small update...

Alot of chapters' banners sort of fell by the wayside somehow. Not quite sure what happened but suffice to say it was a mess. Roseanna contacted me and I am having her send the files to both me and Dajuan, the new GSA. One way or another it WILL be taken care of this time.

Hang in there :)

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey all. I had some free time this morning and decided to revisit the "new" banner I designed for this site way back when. After looking at it for a while, and comparing it to some of the other stuff I've been working on I decided it needed a bit of tweaking.

For the most part it looks pretty much the same. I did remove R2 & 3PO to create a bit more space and did add a subhead under the logo to help fill the space. I also changed the logo a bit to help it read a bit better.

Both the original and the new version are posted below (the original is the first one). Please feel free to tell me what you think. If there is enough support for the newer one I'll send it along to Meri and ask her to replace the one in-waiting with it.

Thanks guys.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/web%20ideas/idea3a.jpg]

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/web%20ideas/idea4_new.jpg]

7. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I would say that the 2nd one is the better one. The wording sticks out more and I like the sub title. Since Boston is considered the Hub might as well put it in the banner to give more of a tie to the area.

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I concur w/ chewy. :)

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I'll leave this open to discussion through Sunday night. If there is no opposition to the new graphics, I'll send them off to Meri on Monday.

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    2nd one looks better.
    I'm glad you kept in the Red Line. :)

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Alrighty, it looks like were all systems go with the new graphics. I'll send them off to Meri sometime tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be uploaded reasonably soon.

Thanks again for your input folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.