main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New batch of miscellaneous rumors from TFN

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Oct 19, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    *shrugs* This was years ago when I read it, during when the ST was announced. Luke's apprentice was planned to help rebuild the Republic and establish the Jedi Order at the end of Episode IX. George had several ideas about the ST; only thing remained the same since the 80s was the theme; a philosophical look into why, sometimes, the lines between good and evil are not very clear.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Not doubting you. But it lends weight to some of this, if true.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I do love the sound of the philosophical greyness we might see in the ST. Also, I hope the rebuilding of the order is something we see by the end of IX. It's the kind of thing that would be great to see rather than happen offscreen or saved for the EU, IMO.

4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree. The reconstruction of the Jedi Order and/or a New Republic should be the big payoff at the end of Ep 9.

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Same speculation based on the same rumors from the same sources. Blah blah blah nothing we haven't heard 100 times already.

Darth Punk and DanielUK like this.
  6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Having Luke's estranged son turn to the dark side just seems too much like a rehash of the OT, any things possible of course.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Also, the "rumours" also claimed Luke's son with be called Ben, wife Mara and Leia will have two children - boy and girl. The EU is dead and the ST is an original story. I'm not buying 90% of these rumours.

The Inquisitor(s) might be accurate; him and Inquisitorious Order will be a main point in Rebels. ST might want to expand on it.

8. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I think there will be a revelation in the next film Episode VIII, Kira finds out some things that will upset her and shock her, setting up the final film in the trilogy. I can't wait to see what these shocking revelations will be.

Perhaps she dies in the next film and someone takes over in honor of her and he finishes what she started...or maybe not.

9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Two dimensional villains are best reserved for the kid's sideshow, the main event needs bad guys with more flesh on their bones.

TK327 and CairnsTony like this.
  10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Maybe Luke is somehow responsible for the death of his wife and son, goes into exile due to wanting to subdue his rage to not go towards the Dark Side. Perhaps during a battle against some big power?

Kira was Gleason's love before he died and is finds Lukes weapon and thinks that this new weapon can defeat the power they were fighting before Gleason died.

Finally meets up with power and come to find out here thatLuke Gleason survived and is mostly a cyborg. He is the new evil baddy (the Big reveal), hence her new fall to the darkness de and all of Gleason's buddies are fallen with him a LA the horsemen.

Luke must help destroy him now.

Or sumptin. Time to eat pancakes.

11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Wow the way things are going Daisy doesn't stand a chance as the new central protagonist in these movies... :rolleyes:

You know, it may seem like a novel idea but how about a strong central female protagonist who undergoes the hero's journey until the end of IX, though it may be a rough and difficult journey, she doesn't fall to the darkside (though the temptation may be there) and doesn't need rescuing. She does the rescuing, redeeming and lifesaving and kicks butt along the way all without compromising her femininity. Shocking I know, but the idea of a strong female role model for a new generation is actually no bad thing. :)

12. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Heh? What does this rumor has anything to do with Daisy needing rescued?

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dra--- like this.
  13. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Perhaps it's Luke's son who is the evil cyborg.

14. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    It would be reversal. We've seen the untrained son redeem the father and now we'd have to see the fully trained father redeem the son. They can write it off as being cyclical.

But not showing it would be like a big void, so I still think this is all part of speculation about the rumors.

Big questions surround this. Is Driver, the sith artifact collector, Luke's son? Or do we have two completely different people?

Also, is speculation about Driver starting good based on the picture of the "rebel" pilot that looks like Driver?

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  15. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I concur!

CairnsTony likes this.
  16. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Even if Daisy isn't the main hero, it sounds like Gwen Christie's kick-ass, bamf imperial commander, wampa's claw lightsaber-wielding, gender-swapped baddie role will more than make up for it (just saying).

And now there are also rumors of a Leia vs. Lupita sub-plot. I'm pleased by what I'm hearing about the female characters in this film. It's more than I could've hoped for back in April.

Trebor Sabreon, Captain B and Dra--- like this.
  17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    For me, the concept art convinced me of very little, but I did become convinced about a few things, one of which is that she is the central protagonist.

I would agree that we will get more badass and strong female characters in the mould of Leia in this movie.

18. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013

So, if you are convinced that she is the protagonist, what are you worrying about?

Edit: Even MakingStarWars mentioned that their source told them their interpretation of the ending was wrong. So I don't think you need to worry about Daisy falling to the darkside yet.

19. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    After reading the rumors and the 5 pages it reminds me of the final scene of Burn After Reading.
    CIA Supervisor: What did we learn, Palmer?
    Palmer: I don't know sir.

[​IMG]

20. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    He's not worried... I think you may have missed the intent behind his comments. CairnsTony was directing his post at all the people who keep bringing up the idea of "Kira" not being strong enough to reject the darkside and needing to be rescued/redeemed by one of the male characters.

CairnsTony and soul8luos like this.
  21. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    How do these rumors suggest Daisy isn't the protagonist or even one of the protagonists? I gathered that this information does indeed solidify that she is.

She wants to stop the villain-possibly due to something personal. She goes on a search for Luke. We don't know the exact context by which she does this. Anything can happen to her along the way. Sounds like she's the glue that binds all of the elements together.

Where's the issue?

22. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013

Refer to the above post, lol.

23. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I have. I saw nothing suggesting she isn't a hero.

Do you mean this?
    Or do you mean this?

The character of 'Kira' (*is she really the daughter of Leia and Han?) wants to stop this new found villain and knows that only Luke can teach her how, hence the search for Luke.

The former seems to be someone's rant about worrying as to whether "Kira" is the main hero or one of them. I couldn't find a single word in this thread that supports that notion.

The latter, to me, signifies that "Kira" certainly and absolutely is the main new hero or one of them since it's her intentions that lead to the search for Luke.

24. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013

No, I mean DARTH_MUPPTE's post:

He's not worried... I think you may have missed the intent behind his comments. @CairnsTony was directing his post at all the people who keep bringing up the idea of "Kira" not being strong enough to reject the darkside and needing to be rescued/redeemed by one of the male characters.

CairnsTony likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

Pro Scoundrel , markdeez and Satipo like this.