Amph New Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    Oh jeez. Someone just summarize those for me.
  2. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  3. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
  4. Jabba-wocky Force Ghost

star 8
    Here is a man that knows my heart. And that besides, the story was completely incoherent. They spent so much time focusing on Gaeta that omitted a depiction of the events that explain and justify Eight's actions. How is that at all acceptable?
  5. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Gaeta's bi, he's granted leave, he's addicted to morpha/morphine and his boyfriend Hoshi is enabling him, takes a Raptor shuttle to the Zephyr (spinny ship) with a couple human pilots and two model Eight cylons, Galactica gets a false dradis contact, Fleet makes an emergency jump, Raptor jumps to wrong coordinates and they can't find the Fleet, Racetrack is sent to go look for them, one of the Eights is nice and the other is a complete psycho, one by one the other occupants of the Raptor die "mysteriously" including the nice Eight, the psycho Eight and Gaeta were in a relationship with each other on New Caprica, he was giving her lists of people he wanted to save and she secretly ordered their deaths, he realized it at some point but didn't want to admit it to himself, he had stabbed Baltar in the neck with a pencil (in Season 3) because Baltar had whispered "I know about you and your Eight" (it was inaudible in the episode), psychopath Eight ends up killing everyone but herself and Gaeta, psychopath Eight tells Gaeta outright that she used his lists in order to hunt down members of the resistance, Gaeta kills her, Racetrack finds his Raptor just as he's about to kill himself by overdosing on morpha, he gets back to Galactica and ends his relationship with Hoshi, he displays increased bitterness towards the Cylons alludes to a "plan" he has in mind. The End

Now st*u.
  6. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Master

star 5
    The Face of the Enemy was the weakest of the webisodes. I was pretty bored by them.
  7. Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Master

star 6
    Starbuck by Teh Espay
    Be kind. I am out of practice. :p

[image=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/tehespay/scan0001.jpg]
  8. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    What happened to her left arm?
  9. Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Master

star 6
    Tattoo. It looks weird from that angle. :p
  10. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  11. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Master

star 5
    So it seems that Bryan Singer has signed on to make a new Battlestar Galactica movie. Supposedly this one is going to be a remake of the original series...

Why the hell do they feel the need to remake the show again so soon after the much more loved BSG has ended? This idea of making a new BSG movie just reeks of greed and trying to cash in fans who want more BSG... but the good kind of BSG. Needless to say I don't plan on checking out the new BSG unless I hear really good things about it.
  12. yankee8255 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's like the re-imagined mini-series/series -- it really depends on how good a job they do. It could be absolute crap, it could be quite good. Wait and see.
  13. Coruscant Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'm not really inclined to trust Singer with this even if there hadn't already been a reimagined television series. I am cringing at the thought of all the pain I will have to feel watching this movie get the kind of attention over the next few years that the tv show could hardly scrape, while the movie will be probably be worse in quality.
  14. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    omg Hoshi!
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I grew up on the original BSG series. I'm that old. I remember when the recent BSG series hit the airwaves and the grumblings of Starbuck being a female and whatnot. So, it doesn't surprise there's skepticism on a remake of the original 70's series.

Yes, this is probably a cash grab move. However, there are fans that are willing to part with their money. Look at the re-image of the original Star Trek series. The recent BSG series was on cable (while the original series was on free air waves) which limited the audience. A movie will be geared to the mainstream audience, which will probably have fans of the original series but haven't followed the recent BSG.
  16. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Master

star 5
    My season 4 soundtrack for BSG just came in the mail today. 2 disc set which is exciting. I've only gotten to listen to one track so far, called The Heart of the Sun. If you've seen the finale you know what I mean. The full track is absolutely amazing. Bear McCreary does great work.
  17. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Master

star 5
    I dunno if you all have seen it yet, but a pretty good BSG parody came out of DragonCon. I present to you Col. Tigh's Fried Chicken.
  18. rsterling78 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Uh oh, is the Caprica series dead on arrival?

http://io9.com/5360898/is-caprica-getting-destroyed-prematurely
  19. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Jane Espenson's explanation makes sense.
  20. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    So the Plan is out today. It is filled with Dean Stockwell, boobs, and a penis shot.

Something for everyone!
  21. Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight

star 7
    They really included a penis shot?
  22. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  23. rsterling78 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Why? Does it advance the plot somehow?
  24. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Yes, it is the mcguffin of the entire series. The Plan is a penis.

No, it was entirely gratuitous. But so were the boobs that were plastered all over Caprica. I suppose they never zoomed on them, though.
  25. Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight

star 7