main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph “So Say We All.” - The Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Great show. I watched it when it was all over and just binge watched it. Works better that way I found as the episodes lead into one another. Great Sci-fi show.

yankee8255 likes this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    can I ask you a question just sum up the misanieries as I haven't got 3 hours to spare till about 2 weeks at that point It will be on episode 4. I also had diffulculty finding it on the interwebs if you could provide a link?

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This was a fantastic show that wasn't afraid to take chances and kill off multiple main characters.

4. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007

This will do you far more justice than I could, I forget some of the stuff in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(TV_miniseries)

5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    can you provide a link to where I can actually watch the episode as well?

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone watched Caprica? I haven't, but I've heard mixed reception.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well obviously not ! I just watched the first episode of BSG. It might be on TV Eventually like when pick did Stargate but you can pick ty up pretty cheaply in a box set that includes everything.

8. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I don't know about where to watch that kind of stuff sorry!

And I haven't watched Caprica. It wasn't very good by what my buddy said.

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am one of the (apparently few?) who saw all of Caprica. Somewhat late in the show, it found a stride of sorts. Really, though, it was burdened by having a story that was too busy. The best comment I ever heard about it was on these boards.

That said, if you are willing to sit through a pretty long-winded, overly intricate affair, they do tell a number of good stories, and explore some compelling concepts.

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The miniseries is the high water mark of Battlestar Galactica. Nothing else that comes before or after is as good, with the exception of a few scattered episodes in the first 3 seasons of the show. Taken alone, the miniseries is a masterpiece of science fiction. The more of the series you add to it, the weaker it gets.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm one of the few (I think?) that loved season 3 more than the other seasons. I did, however, hate the idiotic subplot (or lack thereof) of Apollo in the fat suit.

12. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I didn't like season 4.5. They could have ended it at season 4.0 and it would have been great.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I love Battlestar. Brilliant series.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

You mean with everyone standing around on Earth, which is a nuked out hellhole. looking utterly crushed? That would have been the most depressing series finale ever.

15. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007

Yep!

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    IMHO this was the best sci fi tv show ever. Star Trek generally takes top honors as greatest ever and such. Overall, BSG is just a far greater quality.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Trek and Battlestar are tonally, very different. but yeah, Battlestar is definetly a seminal entry in the genre, IMHO.

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Agreed - best scifi show ever on TV.

19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    well I just watched episode 2 and it was very odd? a person was a cyclone sleeper agent it didn't work though but I still haven't read the missionaries so it probably tied in with that.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

I'm not sure I totally agree with that. In its defense the miniseries, which is really more like a three movie, was very good. When I bought Season 1 and Season 2.0 on DVD, the miniseries totally sold me on Battlestar, literally within the first ten seconds. Having said that, however, the miniseries only works as a pilot episode and isn't self-contained in the slightest. I would also count the Kobol arc, which takes up most of the first half of Season 2, the Pegasus arc, which takes up most of the back half of Season 2, Razor,the exodus from New Caprica, Starbuck's death and rebirth and the Battle of the Colony as definite high points.

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The miniseries was great, and the show was pretty solid up to and including the Galactica's rescue of the New Caprica folks. After that, I lost a fair amount of interest.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The worst episode was a filler episode featuring boxing. And even that was entertaining.

23. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I loved that episode

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "Unfinished Business" is probably my favorite episode, especially the extended cut. I admit I'm a sucker for the Lee Adama/Kara Thrace relationship.

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    My favorite is Black Market.

I think I'm missing a least though.