Amph New Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    That's why the best hope for sci fi in cinema is really the low-budget, independent, and internationally ex-Hollywood funded stuff like Moon, Under the Skin and the less successful Europa Report, which if anything is an interesting failure of a movie, much more interesting than seeing Transformers IX.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Europa Report was awful. One of the few movies that made me furious for wasting my time on viewing.
  3. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6

The less said about Galactica '80 the better.

In contrast, every single frame of the rebooted series looks like it came from a $200 million movie.
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, Apr 9, 2014
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone thing that they ended it too quickly and could of had a another season before the final season theme was put into place?

I enjoyed the series a lot, and agree that they did seem to struggle for material at some points. However the series was a strong series and I do think that they could have gone some different places for an additional season though before the finale.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6

Maybe. I've always felt like the route to Earth was too direct. It would have been interesting to see the writers throw in a couple of red herrings, like maybe there are two astronomical phenomena that fit the description of the Lion's Head Nebula and Adama has to decide if he's going to split the fleet on keep it together and go in one direction or the other. A dead end or two would have been nice.
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, May 3, 2014
  6. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Some plot lines seemed a little rushed (especially Kara) but I'm not sure another season would be the solution.

Maybe more but shorter seasons, so less need for filler.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
  7. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I felt that the first half of the first season really dragged on for some reason.