main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Battlestar Galactica vs. Old Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    And I'm sure atomic wedgies are against the Cylon religion, but since the guy's last name was Costanza, I made a Seinfeld themed joke.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Right you are! The writers of the show carefully watched the original series and picked out parts of it that they really liked and then incorporated them into the new series.

There's even an episode where Starbuck appears in a Cylon Raider and wiggles her wings w/ Apollo as they're heading back to the ship (I LOVE that episode btw - Katee makes these facial expressions when she's inside the raider that PERFECTLY match the expressions Dirk Bennedict used to make :) )

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    THey do a good job integrating the old BSGs into the new series and I can't wait to see what future elements they throw at us in the upcoming episodes. The more I watch the new one the more grateful I am that this show didn't get cancelled like the original and they improved greatly on the quality, most remakes suck.

And Starbuck is God so I doubt he'll be getting a new callsign. :p

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It has been so long since I saw the original BG. I used to love that show as a kid. The Cylons were great. I've got some of the vintage toys up in the attic. I saw one or two shows from the new series. Each was great but I'm just not into it like I was with the old show.

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

While I loved the old series as a child, I think the new series is way better. I have the old series on DVD, so I'm not just talking from faulty memory. The problem with the new series is that it's hard to get into it unless you've watched from the beginning. But it's easy to watch the show now...DVDs, plus downloading from iTunes. You don't even need an iPod to watch them, just QuickTime on your computer. It's really worth the investment in time, though, because the show gets better with each episode, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.