SWRPF Archive New Beginning

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Soon after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion was pushed back, the galaxy again became a battlefield. The battles tore the galaxy apart, and soon civilization devolved to nothing. The remnants of the factions which caused this collapse sought to preserve their ideals. In a desperate attempt, remnants of technology were pulled together and sent separately to a new galaxy, the inhabitants of these "life rafts" flash-frozen along with technology and flora and fauna of their own galaxy. They flew away, all headed for the same destination...

Millenia Later...

A planet beginning its rise to civilization, was cut off in its infancy by the crashing of the "life rafts." The flora and fauna escaped, and the people remained, frozen for centuries. When it finally allowed its inhabitants to rise and forge a new civilization, with their own ideals rising supreme. They would do so, or perish.

Rules:

1. No GMing

This form of RP is new to the RPF, so I'll try to explain it as best I can. You take control of one civilization and post actions for it every turn (once a day). Every day, I will post the results of these actions, update the map, and post random events. To start playing, just post a civilization (Anything from the New Republic to the Old Republic to the Trade Federation to a faction you make up). I'll post civilization stats to start if off, and add its location to the map (as you request). After that, just start playing. Good Luck!

[link=http://www.geocities.com/jcyomin/Map.html?1036464335120]Map[/link]

Any further clarification will be gladly provided. :)

Mod Edit: Locked at authors request :)
  2. plokoon480 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Cool.I'llk be Desk Kret,leader of the newly established Mandolarian group.So we'er pretty much a pirate group.
    Home Base:Concord Dawn.
  3. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Civilization Name: Mandalores
    Technology Level: Early Blaster (blaster, commlink, no repulsor lift or space travel)
    Army Strength: Medium
    Army Ranking: Regular
    Water Navy Strength: (this starts out at nothing)
    Water Navy Ranking: Starts out as nothing

The Mandalores will start out in present day France. Once several more people post their interest, I'll update the map to show the territory you hold.

4. cavalier_one Jedi Master

star 4
    Yomin, this has definite potential - Civilisation Star Wars style, huh?

Right, I'd like to be descendents of the Mon Calamari if possible.
  5. Lord_Of_Zabrak1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Really Cool Stuff.

I'll be the desendents of the Zabrak if Possible.

If not then noghri. Your Choice.
  6. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Civilization Name: Mon Calamari
    Technology Level: Early Blaster (blaster, commlink, no repulsor lift or space travel)
    Army Strength: Small
    Water Navy Strength: tiny
    Water Navy Ranking: Regular

Civilization Name: Zabrak
    Army Ranking: Veteran
    Water Navy Strength: None

I'll update the map later today. If anyone has any requests for places they'd like to be in, post it so when I give you your starting "province" you'll be happy.
  7. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    [link=http://www.geocities.com/jcyomin/Map.html?1036587574321]Updated Map[/link]

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jcyomin/editedmap1.gif]

Brown=Zabrak
    Dark Green= Mandalores
    Light Blue= Mon Calamari

You guys can start, just post orders for this turn, and tonight sometime (or tommorrow, maybe) I'll post the results. :)

(Newcomers are still and will always be welcomed.)

8. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    AWESOME! I'll be the Ksi-Mon, a race of Shi-Ido (Shapechanger) criminals.
    Homebase: Sha-dorn (Shadow Valley)
  9. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Shi-ido's have too much of a racial advantage to be fair. Pick another faction, if you wish to play. :)
  10. cavalier_one Jedi Master

star 4
    Yomin, is there a limit to the number/ type of actions we can take per turn?

Also, any limit to population?

If there is, I'll redo this post.

------------------------------------
    Master Felick Ackbar, descendent of the legendary Admiral, stood on the cliffs of his new home. It was not the water filled Mon Calamari of legend, but they would make this place home.

Turning to his friend, an engineer by the name of Errik, he smiled.

"We will make this place home, my friend. Standing here, I feel a new begining, a new affinity for this place that is now home. Make my people a home, my friend, a home that is both new and old. A home to be proud of."

"I will do my best, Master."

---------------------

Orders this turns:

Start construction of the capital, New Reef Home City, built from the salvaged remains of the Life Raft (this city will be built half in and half out of the water on the lowest tip of modern-day Greece).

Start to search for, and gather, resources - building materials, food, etc.
  11. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    There's no formal limit, but if you post too much then I'll just pick from your orders which ones will work. As a rule of thumb, try to limit yourself to one colonization attempt (I.E.: "Orders: Colonize northern Greece"), as many military actions as you like (Make sure to divide your army and navy the way you want to, I.E.: "One half of army attack somewhere... one half of army attack somewhere else), one army growth/training (I.E.: Grow army from Medium to Large; or Train army from conscript to regular); and one random other thing.

And c_1, that's an excellent example of the kind of post I want. An IC post, along with orders. :)
  12. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Civilization Name: Solamnic
    Home Base name: Solamnia
    Request Starting Area: Greenland

The solamnics are a hardy race of humans, big and burley, as well as very tough skined. They specilise in Melee Combat, either with their Metal Swords or with the Vibro-Axes and blades they weild. Almost all members of the civilization are warriors, opnly the weomen and Childeren are not, and all male children are taught tha art of warfare from an early age.

Bound by a strong tradition of honor, in which glory is gained though great honor, deeds on the battlefeild, and loyalty to the king. The leaders are almost always the strongest and Smartest of these strong people.

In addition there is a strange Sect, almost outside the Civilization, but still a nominal part of it. In this sect they do not care for honor or glory, but only more power, more power over their 'magicks'. (A.K.A The Force) They have almost no loyalty to the nation, and will only serve them if it serves themselves. Most member of Normal society refuse to assosciate with them, and only blesses and anointed messengers from the king eversee them etesiveley. However, should they chose to join the battle, they can be a very devistating force. They weild a different kind of Sword, one that can cut though any known material, and is pure light.

EDITS: For clarification and name Changes.
  13. DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hellos my fine fellows. I'm gonna give this on a go. I would like to be the rements of the Chandrillians. I also would like to respectfully request Italy as my starting province. No particular reason there.

Let's get this show on the road. :)

DS5
  14. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wanna be the remains of the GE . if thats possible, and have Russia as my starting province.
  15. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Army 2 Strength (Force adepts): Small
    Army 2 Ranking: Regular

Civilization Name: Chandrillians (sp?)
    Water Navy Strength: none
    Water Navy Ranking: NA

Civilization Name: Galactic Empire
    Army Strength: Large
    Army Ranking: Conscript

Map Update and World Update coming in about an hour...
  16. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    World Update for Year 0 (impact date of the current civilizations)

Mon Calamari Remnants complete construction of their new home. Resources gathered by them give them a solid ecomonic edge over the rest of the world.

Mon Calamari, Zabrak, Mandalore, Chandrillian's, Solamnic, and Imperial forces awaken and begin to reestablish their civilizations.

Barbarian cultures, consisting of deserters from all sides, begin attacking settlements on the edge of Chandrillian and Mon Calamari territory...

(Map updated...)
  17. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Imperial actions for this turn:
    ---

Gather resourses and build up a HQ
  18. Lord_Of_Zabrak1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "Our army is small my lord but we are profesional killers. We can defend ourselves." "Yes" their leader said, "so good that perhaps we shall hire ourselves out in those sevices. Send courers out to the Nations around us."

"Will Kill For Resources!"

Start recruiting for the army, and request studies on repolsor lift tech.
  19. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    IC:

Lord Gereth Un Modor sat in his home, working out a few details on the treaty with the Soth Sect. They had worked long and hard on making this work, and it had nearley come to war. The Sect had agreed to move into the northern area of this large island and set up their own cities there. they would still be, nomanaly, a part of their nation.

With that done he went out to survey the land around them. it was cold, brutally cold, but the people were beginning to accept this as a fact of life, as the buildings were set up. Soon they could begin more concrete actions, but first they needed to set up Solanthus. then they could explore this new world.

---------------------------

Orders:
    Soth Sect to colonise Northern Greenland.
    Soth Sect to set up city in Northern Greenland.
    Solanthus to finish building.
  20. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Oh, allright. Can't blame me for trying though. Can I be a race of Wookie Criminals?
    Homebase: Raarwarg
  21. cavalier_one Jedi Master

star 4
    Master Ackbar sat in the Council Chambers, admiring the construction of his people's new capital. It disturbed him, however, to learn of the barbarian raids along the colony's perimeter.

The information, relayed to him by his Secretary of Defence, was deeply troubling. Ackbar had not expected his fledging defence force to have to fight so soon.

"I want the frontier defended, General."

----------------------------------------

Orders this turn:

Continue colonisation of Southern Greece and establish a road network between cities.

Begin recruiting more soldiers from general population.

Send Army to perimeter to defend the population.
  22. Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry I took so long, Yomin, but I had a lot of thinking to put into this.

Civilization name: The Elven Alliance

Hailing from the deep woodlands and mountains, the culture of humanoids (called Elvens), and lesser forms inhabit the region of what we know as Scotland. These are a hardy people, who serve each other to befit the whole. The Elven have a close bond with nature and life, but it is disputed whether or not this bond is related with empathic threads of the Force. Through years of closed evolution, the Elven race?s sense of smell, night vision, and sight has intensely increased, to a point where such rare objects like Macrobinoculars, infrared goggles, night vision goggles, and sound aids are no longer required for an Elven individual.
    Elven have a very recognizable physical appearance. No matter the position of society, the Elven rarely grow to obese proportions. They pride themselves on their generally attractive features and nature orientation. Honor is held nearly as high as attunement to nature.

[More to come upon assignments of army strength, etc]/>
  23. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Alter it a little to make it more... Star-Wars-ish, and it's fine. :)

EDIT: Update will come about 3 PM EST... Also, what time is best for the update to be posted (so everyone has a chance to post)? I'm mainly concerned about non-U.S. residents. Thanks :)
  24. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    Never mind, Jace. If you'll accept them being descended from an ancient ship from the GFFA, it's OK.
  25. Yomin_Carr Jedi Master

star 4
    World Update for 1 PI (Post Impact)

The Empire joins the Mon Calamari as an economic power in the world.

Zabrak Army grows to Medium With their excellent training and equal size, they become the major military force in the world.

The Solamnic people expand to the north, encountering encountering descendants of one of the smaller life pods. These people oppose the Solamnic's fiercely, wiping out the first colonization party.

Mon Calamari resiliance repels the barbarians, causing them to focus on the Chandrillans more.

A trade network between Mon Calamari cities gives them continued economic strength.

A Mon Calamari scouting ship discovers the Elven Alliance. The two civilizations become the first to communicate with one another.

A group of Wookie Criminals rises from the barbarians to form a new civilization. Almost immediately they are troubled by barbarians to the south-west.

[link=http://www.geocities.com/jcyomin/Map.html?1036786803300]Map[/link]

Yellow=Wookies
    Light Blue= Elven Alliance
    Grey= Barbarians

OOC:
    I'm adding a new feature to everyone's civilization profile, Education, Economy, and Culture. Population may come into being in the near future as well.

Civilization Name: Mon Calamari
    Water Navy Strength: tiny
    Water Navy Ranking: Regular
    Education: Fair
    Economy: Excellent
    Culture: Fair

Civilization Name: Zabrak

Civilization Name: Mandalores
    Economy: Fair

Army 2 Strength (Force adepts): Small
    Army 2 Ranking: Regular

Civilization Name: Chandrillians (sp?)
    Water Navy Strength: none
    Education: Good
    Culture: Good

Civilization Name: Galactic Empire
    Army Strength: Large
    Army Ranking: Conscript
    Culture: Poor

Civilization Name: Elven Alliance
    Culture: Good

Civilization Name: Wookie Criminals
    Culture: Poor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.