main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends New Beginnings ( Post Swarm War J/J ) Updated 4/05/06!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

I always hate commenting on posts because it seems like when I say something about a post the universe conspires to make me do the opposite of what I say, but....I plan on posting tonight. If all else fails because I am doing some stuff right now that might prevent me from getting the post typed up tonight, I'll have it up tomorrow night. :)

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Jaina and Jag!! :( Good thing Soontir's trying to get them back together . . .

3. Peachy

Peachy Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    Oooh, Angry Jag, Bounty Hunter Jaina and Soontir-the-matchmaker... I love it!! This is a seldom-used angle on these characters and I love what you've done with it. Excellent work!! :D

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    NYCitygurl: Poor Jaina and Jag!! sad Good thing Soontir's trying to get them back together . . .

They are indeed having a pretty rough time of it. I'm not sure that Soontir really cares about what happens to Jaina though. :p

Peachy: Hi! Welcome. :D

Oooh, Angry Jag, Bounty Hunter Jaina and Soontir-the-matchmaker... I love it!! This is a seldom-used angle on these characters and I love what you've done with it. Excellent work!! grin

Thank you! :D I've really been having fun with this fic.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    They are indeed having a pretty rough time of it. I'm not sure that Soontir really cares about what happens to Jaina though.

Well, at least he cares enough to admit that Jaina will do Jag some good.

6. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Very true. :)

7. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Chapter Eight

Jaina flipped her comm. unit off as she settled her small freighter to the hangar deck. The controller had given her very specific orders and she was following them easily.

Her vessel was no Millenium Falcon or Jade Shadow, but it would do. It was one of the newest and fastest models out of the Kauti ship yards, newly rebuilt after the end of the Vong war. The standard factory design came with good solid shielding and excellent maneuverability. She had made her own modifications, adding twin quad lasers much like her father?s, fore and aft, and two torpedo launchers.

The added weaponry was well worth the slight reduction in maneuverability and in the past two years the Solo Folly had become as much of an extension of herself as her x-wing had once been. But above all else it was one of the few things in the galaxy that she could call her own now. She wasn?t about to leave it behind and besides she would need it when she was done conferring with Jag.

Carefully Jaina began to power down the Folly with the ease of familiarity. When she was done, she caught the strap of her small bag of belongings and started towards the boarding ramp. When she got to the bottom of the ramp, she glanced up and her steps faltered.

Jaina paused and folded her arms over her chest with a glare.

?Now what?? She asked the two uniformed Chiss who were waiting for her at the foot of the ramp.

Finally one of them spoke in accented Basic. ?You will wait here for the Captain.?

Jaina rolled her eyes. ?I don?t think so. I don?t feel like waiting until Hoth melts.?

She readjusted the strap of her bag, settling it farther up on her shoulder, and started to push her way past them. From underneath the Folly a full squad of Chiss soldiers came out. Jaina froze.

?On the other hand?I?ve got nothing better to do.?

None of the Chiss looked amused. They simply stood and waited. Jaina cocked her head, openly surveying the situation. She had over a half dozen Chiss underneath the Folly, surrounding her. Two more Chiss, also in fully armed and wearing body armor, stood in front of her. They hadn?t made a threatening move until she had forced their hand, but that was very much in character for them.

Besides the Chiss had ways of making their opponents attack first, Jaina knew.

Still she hadn?t felt particularly in danger so far. She wasn't exactly comfortable among the Chiss. Their hostility towards her was generally open, but not threatening of physical harm.

Jaina weighed her options. Finally she slid the strap of her bag off of her shoulder and let the bag hit the ramp. With an exaggerated sigh, Jaina dropped into a crouch to wait for Jag. It was likely to be a long wait, and, if she truly had miscalculated the intentions of the Chiss, at least in a crouch the angle of the ramp blocked her from the view of most of the Chiss behind her; put her hand much nearer to her blaster; and made her a smaller target. It was a vastly improved situation as far as Jaina was concerned.

The Chiss who had spoken earlier seemed about to say something else. Jaina challenged him with her gaze to actually say it. He remained silent as she wondered how long Jag would let this go on. He was testing her, of course, and she was buying herself time to consider what course of action to take. He wanted to see how she would react, so he was pushing her. She had never been particularly patient though.

Jaina stood. A dozen sets of eyes followed her movements. Jaina kept her hands low, but bent her palms upwards.

?Easy boys,? she cautioned them with a cocky smile, noticing the Chiss soldier standing off to her right whose grip on his charric rifle had tightened convulsively as she rose.

He was the newest of the group of soldiers. Jaina would be willing to bet that he was fresh out of whatever academy the Chiss graduated soldiers from. Internally she winced at what she was about to do, but she kept the expression from

8. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    tsk tsk jag, you didn't know? .....

Jaina Solo 15, i'm waiting pateintly for them to realize they still love each other. not suggesting anything, but just letting you know. :D

9. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I don't know why but I got all giddy when she called him Jagged.

It's strange but that sort of nuance always makes me happy. Well done. I feel bad for poor Jag, Jaina can be quite difficult. [face_beatup] To say the least. :)

10. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    LOL she called him Jagged - she must be really really mad!! ;)

Can't wait for them both to stop being so stubborn and realise that they still love each other.

Great post!!

11. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Corellian_Cutie: tsk tsk jag, you didn't know? .....

Nope, Jag was ignorant on that one. ;) He's pretty upset and really didn't want anything to do with her.

Jaina Solo 15, i'm waiting pateintly for them to realize they still love each other. not suggesting anything, but just letting you know. grin

[face_laugh] I'll keep that in mind. :p

Zara: I don't know why but I got all giddy when she called him Jagged.

[face_laugh] I know what you mean, though.

It's strange but that sort of nuance always makes me happy. Well done. I feel bad for poor Jag, Jaina can be quite difficult. beatup To say the least. happy

Thanks. :D Hmmm, everyone sympathizing with Jag...that's kinda funny. It's not that folks shouldn't be sympathizing with him, he's been through a lot. It's just amusing to me 'cause I'm feeling more for Jaina in my head. :p Wow, I think that just made no sense...oh well.

Dia: LOL she called him Jagged - she must be really really mad!! wink

Yup! You know someone's mad when they break out the full name. [face_mischief] Hmm, I wander if he has a middle name.

Can't wait for them both to stop being so stubborn and realise that they still love each other.

Don't hold your breath. Right now we're in the angst and anger stage. :p

Great post!!

Thank you! :D

12. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Jagged? ouch. she's really mad.

I'm waiting for them to get back together too (though I think we have a long wait ahead of us) Are we going to get an explination of what happened to Jag after Jaina left him soon? I'm really curious about his eyes.

Looking foward to more.

13. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    I'm suprised that he didn't already know, but then that would defeat the whole purpose of this chapter.

Just waiting for them to get back together, hopefully that will be soon. ;)

Thanks for the pm.

Can't wait till the next post!

14. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    JS15!! [:D] Thanks for the PM :)

But..

I need to have them together!!!! This is killing me, pwetty pwease can we have some sort of a moment with them? Pwease????

~Sam

15. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wow great post. i can't wait to see how jaina manages to get off?????!!!!!!!!

can't wait for more

meg

16. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I thought I replied to this already? *headdesk*

Anyways, Jaina's pretty unhappy with Jag. And he has no clue she was the one who made the payments? My, my. :p

Great work!

KT

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    princess_melissa: Jagged? ouch. she's really mad.

Yep, she's breakin' out that full name.

I'm waiting for them to get back together too (though I think we have a long wait ahead of us) Are we going to get an explination of what happened to Jag after Jaina left him soon? I'm really curious about his eyes.

I think you're right about the first part. ;) Although I don't have this story completely worked out, I'm pretty sure that it will be shorter than my last story. I just don't think that there's as much that has to happen and I don't wanna throw stuff in just to add length. :)

As for your second question, more will be explained about that eventually. One thing that I'm doing a lot in this fic is revealing things to the reader as they're revealed to the characters, so...yeah.

JagF: I'm suprised that he didn't already know, but then that would defeat the whole purpose of this chapter.

Well, yup. But consider...Jag has been in the Unknown Regions for the past two years, dealing with his family's financial situation and social ruin and other...stuff. ;) Most of that was caused by Jaina, so why would he be interested in finding out about what's going on with her?

Just waiting for them to get back together, hopefully that will be soon. wink

I take the fifth. [face_devil]

Sam: JS15!! hugs Thanks for the PM happy

Sure thing. :D

But..

I need to have them together!!!! This is killing me, pwetty pwease can we have some sort of a moment with them? Pwease????

[face_laugh] You mean that didn't count as a moment? :p Okay, I know, I know. Don't shoot me, but, honestly, I can't see them having a mushy moment anytime soon.

meg: wow great post. i can't wait to see how jaina manages to get off?????!!!!!!!!

*forces her mind out of the gutter*

Well, I don't think it will be too hard for her. Jag, I would imagine, will be pretty happy to see her go. [face_devil]

KT: I thought I replied to this already? *headdesk*

I was a little surprised. You're normally first in line. :p

Anyways, Jaina's pretty unhappy with Jag. And he has no clue she was the one who made the payments? My, my. tongue

Yup. The do have a knack for complicated situations. ;)

18. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I am intriguede by yoor story...
    It is a different look at the reprecussions of Jaina's actions.
    Very creative.
    Keep writing. I'll keep reading.

19. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    Now this was reason enough to return to the boards> :)

Fantastic work so far! [face_love]

I love the fact that you are will to take the characters in directions that most would be afaid to. Jaina makes a great bounty hunter and the ship's name is classic. You really cover almost all the bases on cutter her off from her life as a Jedi. The story almost has a Eastwood feel to it. :D

Plus, you have given me some idea what has taken place in the books I haven't gotten to.

Keep up the excellent work.

20. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Author's Note: I'm gonna take a brief break from this story for the next two weeks. My muse is running off in a hundred different directions right now and I'm having some problems with this next update. So I'm gonna take a break, try to whip my muse into line and then try to get a few chapters of this saved up before I start posting again. :)

Jedi_Vai: I am intriguede by yoor story...
    It is a different look at the reprecussions of Jaina's actions.
    Very creative.

Thank you. I've really had fun with this situation. :D

FuzzyRatt: Now this was reason enough to return to the boards> happy

Fantastic work so far! love

Thanks! :D

I love the fact that you are will to take the characters in directions that most would be afaid to. Jaina makes a great bounty hunter and the ship's name is classic. You really cover almost all the bases on cutter her off from her life as a Jedi. The story almost has a Eastwood feel to it. grin

[face_laugh] I thought Solo Folly would be appropriate. :D Eastwood feel? I wouldn't have thought of it like that, but I guess that makes sense. I've had fun throwing the characters into a different situation and seeing how they would react. :p

21. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    :( :_| [face_worried]
    promise you'll at least come back though???? please?

i love this story and i'd love to see how it ends. i don't mind if you take some time off as long as it doesn't become abandoned!!!!

good luck with your muse and i hope to see more soon!

meg

22. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    It's almost been two weeks. Right?

23. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    :D Well, I haven't been having as much luck with this as I'd like, but...I did fight with my muse enough to get one update written.

It'll be posted later tonight. :D

24. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Chapter Nine

It was a little past the midway point of the nightshift aboard the frigate when Jaina was finally ready. Out of habit, she checked to make certain that all of her weapons ? her regular blaster, holdout blaster and several vibroblades ? were secure in their sheaths, and in the case of her blasters, fully loaded.

When she was done, she rapped sharply on the inside of the door to her quarters and waited for a moment. She was well aware of the guards that stood outside her door and she didn?t want an unpleasant surprise just because she?d startled them. With the palm of her hand, she slapped the control that activated the doors and strode through them.

Two sets of glowing scarlet eyes stared at her, but neither Chiss moved to stop her as she walked past them. Jaina had studied the schematic of Chiss Frigates and had a fairly good idea of where she was going. She was very aware of the guards behind her ? her every nerve tingled and the hair on the back of her neck prickled ? but she did her best to appear to ignore them.

When she had reached her destination, Jaina hesitated. She would prefer to enter unannounced, but that would require breaking in. She had the necessary skills, of course, but with two guards as very willing witnesses it didn?t seem like her best idea. Jaina settled for activating the door chime and waiting.

She wasn?t surprised at the short delay before the door was opened. It was after all the nightshift.

?Enter,? a muffled voice called out from inside the room.

Jaina stepped into to room, noting that it remained dark inside the room. She gave her eyes a moment to adjust and then blinked in surprise as she located Jag, sitting behind a desk with his eyes closed and head leaned back against the back of the chair.

?What is it Lieutenant?? Jag asked without opening his eyes.

For a moment, Jaina hesitated. She felt a brief pang of regret at the road that fate had taken them down and then she steeled herself for the inevitable confrontation.

?I?m not a lieutenant,? she said blandly.

Jag?s eyes snapped open as he shot to his feet. ?Jaina! What are you doing here?? He demanded.

?I needed to speak to you,? she said calmly. ?I knocked. You invited me in. If you didn?t want me to enter, you shouldn?t have told me to come in,? she pointed out tartly.

He reigned in his anger with obvious effort.

?Your guards??

?Waiting outside the door,? she snapped back, her moment of nostalgia fading rapidly.

?Standing or lying wounded in a heap on the deck,? he countered, moving around the desk towards her confrontationally.

Jag tripped on the corner of the desk and fell towards Jaina. She barely had time to react in time to catch him and keep herself from falling.

?Hey! Watch it, Flyboy!?

?Don?t call me that,? Jag shoved her away.

Jaina stumbled at the unexpected action and caught herself with a thud against the wall. She stared at Jag as if he had just turned into a Gammorean. Her eyes blazed.

?There?s no need to over react, Captain,? she spoke his rank like an insult.

He glared at her. ?Tell me what you want or get out.?

?I?m leaving.? She said bluntly. ?I was hired to go after Nuruodo and that?s what I?m going to do.? She hesitated.

?You could have done all of that without coming here to see me.?

?What do you want me to say, Jagged? Do you want me to say that I came here because of you? To hurt you? I didn?t. I accepted this mission because I?m a bounty hunter and this is how I make my living. Don?t look for anything else in it,? she concluded bitterly. ?I?m here to do what I was hired to do ? find Nuruodo and stop her. That?s what I?m going to do.? She said slowly. ?To do that, I need you to tell me what you know. There was a reason Soontir sent me out here with you and I think that reason is something that only you can tell me.?

He had forgotten how perceptive she could be, especially when he wanted it the least. Anger welled up in him. He did not wan

25. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    first yippie you're back!!!!!! second it's Wednesday, you post on Tuesdays...are you switching days on uso_O

now the new post
    ?I?m not a lieutenant,? she said blandly.
    hehehe, gotta love Jaina's attitude toward the whole situation.

Jag?s eyes snapped open as he shot to his feet. ?Jaina! What are you doing here?? He demanded.
    he acts as though he was doing something wrong...caught with his hand in the cookie jar...[face_thinking] [face_thinking]

?I needed to speak to you,? she said calmly. ?I knocked. You invited me in. If you didn?t want me to enter, you shouldn?t have told me to come in,? she pointed out tartly.
    brutal honesty!!!

?Standing or lying wounded in a heap on the deck,?
    always suspicious, that Jag

Jag shoved her away.
    geesh talk about overreacting

Jaina?s eyes flicked up to his in surprise. Their gaze locked unflinchingly. ?I will finish this job, Jagged. I will not fail, no matter what happens. I haven?t lost a bounty yet.?
    again interesting, i kida like this and Jag's thought He could not let Jaina kill her.

It simply wasn't an option.
    makes me kinda think there might be trouble but still very interesting!!!!!

great job with this and i hope to see more soon but will understand if not!!!!!!!!

meg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.