main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends New Beginnings: The Queen Mother *************New Part: Kyp's Call

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Note: This story coincides with my other story Tahiri's Place: The Wraiths Adopt Tahiri but you do not need to read it prior to this story. It simply enhances this story.

Small Summary: This story is mainly about Tenel Ka and Kyp and how they deal with their respective situations with Jacen and Jaina. It will include many of the characters and some humor. In addition it will explain little things in the NJO Official books such as why Kyp remembered Tenel Ka for the Jedi Ceremony when they never really had much contact.

Enjoy...

Part 1

Time: At the end of Dark Journey.

Kyp was tired, he was in pain (Jedi do feel pain, they just do not admit it), and he was thankful yet worried. Thankful that Jaina was back on the right side, that he now saw the line, and that he had been able to pay back some of his debt to Han. Worried because he did not know what came next, what this new? feeling, new connection was between him and Jaina, and where he went from here. He could no longer go back to what he had been doing; his view was different. He was different.

He looked up as three people entered the room. The first was Tenel Ka, the new Queen Mother of Hapes. Next came her two bodyguards, both of them stunningly beautiful, even more so than their queen.

?Thank you, Kyp.?

?For what, your Highness?? Kyp asked, politely standing and hiding the pain he wasn?t supposed to be feeling.

?You brought Jaina back. I have few friends left; I did not want to lose another. This is a fact.? Tenel Ka responded.

Kyp looked intently at her. She seemed a different person from the young woman he had seen yesterday. She seemed more like a queen. More stately, more mature.

?I did not know Jedi needed protectors.? Kip said, glancing at he bodyguards whose dislike of him could easily be felt in the force.

?Jedi do not. Queen Mothers must.?

Kyp could feel no emotion coming from her, even with all his force powers.

?So, what will you do now?? he questioned.

Tenel Ka lifted up one side of her mouth in a mock smile, ?I will lead.?

?And your training??

?I learned many years ago that I could not be a Jedi and a ruler of Hapes. I chose to be a Jedi then. Now I have no choice. Of this you should understand.?

And then Kyp could feel what she felt: the pain, the hopelessness, the sadness, the loss. He remembered when he had found out his brother was alive but he could no longer save him. He remembered the pain of realization that he caused his brother?s death, the loss of his brother forever, and the hopelessness of knowing there was nothing he could do.

?I will never be a Jedi. But I will fight. Fact.?

?But?? Kyp started, wanting somehow to take away this young queen?s pain.

?No! I have made my decision. I came only to thank you. And see if there was anything you needed.? The Queen interrupted.

?I do not know of anything we need. But, since you feel indebted to me, let?s just say you owe me a favor when I next need one. It may be that after this is all over I may want a vacation home on one of your planets, next to a large ocean.? Kyp replied.

?If it is in my power, it is yours.? Tenel Ka responded with a nod of her head. ?Now I must go see Jaina before I am dragged before the council. Goodbye, Kyp.?

2. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Sounds like a great beginning Kettch_the_Jedi! I hope you continue it! :D

3. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Very nice..............

She WILL be breaking out of this whole "I must be a Queen Mother and not a JEdi" thing, right?

4. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Are, are, are you going to bring Jacen back?

Sorry, I stutter a little when I get really excited. Great post! Can't wait for more!

~Rogue

5. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    _Tenel_Ka_
    Thanks. I will continue. :)

Agent_Jaid
    Thanks. In the story I so far have her growing, changing and maturing and all that junk. :) It is a big change in her life and it may take a couple of chapters for her to get settled into her role-- whatever that may be. Feel free to add suggestions and critiques.

rogue11lovesjag
    Thanks. The story will not be AU from the NJO, just additions so, yes, Jacen will be back. As for his contact with TK... we will see. :)

6. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Nice....so this fic is going to be all about Tenel Ka I'm assuming right?

No Kyp/Jaina or Jag or Anakin/Tahiri in the process or something? Just checking....don't get me wrong.....I'm loving this start..just curious I guess...

Up!!

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    interesting . . . looking forward to more :D

8. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    C3SoloPO
    Thanks. Yes, Tenel Ka is the main character, but Kyp, Lowbacca, Jacen, Tahiri, Leia, Jaina, Jag, and others will make at least an appearance. Anakin will also be included, from a certain point of view. :)

maramijade
    Thanks. More coming soon...

9. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Part 2

Time: During the beginning of Destiny's Way when Tenel Ka learns of Jacen's return.

Jacen!
    Tenel Ka quickly sat up and listened carefully. In her sparse cabin all she could hear was the gentle hum of the battle dragon?s engines. Stretching out with the force she tried to find him. She knew that presence. It has only been a momentary glimmer of a presence but it was enough. Jacen was alive! Tenel Ka had never felt so happy.

She jumped up. She had to send him a message. Halfway to the com she suddenly stopped, seeing her crown. That crown alone was worth more than some worlds. It did not just bring wealth and power, though. It also brought responsibility and duties.

Jacen has come back! Tenel Ka thought. He has brought hope with him to the whole republic, but? no hope to me. I am the Queen Mother of Hapes. There is no place for friends, or someone who could be something more. He is back but still so far from me.

Just as a few moments ago she had felt intense joy, now she felt a stab of intense pain. He is lost to me once again, not due to capture, but because of who I now am. My crown represents an impenetrable wall between me and my old friends, even Jacen. Especially Jacen.

Aikail slowly opened the Queen Mother?s door. What she saw surprised her and it took a lot to surprise the one considered Hapes? top bodyguard. She had expected to see the strong, self-assured Queen Mother exercising or planning her next battle. What she saw was a small young girl huddled on the floor, crying with a crown of 63 worlds on her head.

10. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Great post! This story looks promising.

-Jacesolo1138

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Grrrrrrrrrr..........

I hate duty.

It ruins life.

*crosses arms, slidds down to the floor, starts muttering angrily to herself*

12. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Jacesolo1138
    Thanks. :)

13. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome story so far! :D

14. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm a sucker for J/TK. :p

Nice start so far, K_t_J, but it looks to be sad at this point. :(

Keep writing!

15. mOck_herOic

mOck_herOic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2003
    eeeek!! :_|

somebody peel her off the floor and.....smack some sense into her or something......

ah poor jacen too....

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey Kettch, reading all your fics now at the same time. Good start.

17. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Agent
    :) Don't be upset. Tenel Ka has a rough path ahead of her but strength comes from hardship and all that philosophy stuff.

18. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Saber-of-Light
    Thanks. :)

Soulwalker
    Thanks! It is sad right now but it gets (some) humor and sweetness later.

19. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    mOck_herOic
    :) It gets better. :)

Spike
    Thanks. :) I am reading your story with the Vong, but it is taking me a while since my internet connection is soooooo slow.

20. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    This part takes place during Destiny's Way.

Part 3

Without the unmistakable red-gold hair and grey eyes, Kyp would not have recognized the regal woman in the comm. screen.

?Hello your highness.? Kyp said.

?Greetings Kyp.? Queen Mother Tenel Ka replied.

?I heard that you aren?t planning to come to the Jedi Knighthood Ceremony.?

?I am very busy and my people are not very favorable to the Jedi.? Tenel Ka replied without expression.

?Are you done fighting then? You?re just going to give up?? Kyp persisted.

?Everyday with the Council I fight? The Queen Mother smiled humorlessly. ?Now the council has decided that it is my duty to marry and produce a heir so that if something unfortunate happens to me Hapes will not become a battleground of aspirations.? Tenel Ka dropped her expressionless façade and suddenly she seemed much younger. ?As a warrier I would never accept this. As a Queen I must.?

?What am I, Kyp??

?You are beautiful.? Kyp replied automatically. Oh Sithweapons! Where did that come from? This is Tenel Ka, a young girl from two cultures which both consider males as useful only for reproducing. What is wrong with me? First I have feelings for Jaina and now I see Tenel Ka as an attractive woman? Is this what the war is doing to me? Causing me to be attracted to any female with Force Powers. Who next? Tahiri? I need help. I wonder what Luke would say if I brought this matter before the Jedi Council. I bet it would actually break his calm a little.

?Ah. Aha!? Tenel responded. ?I have learned from the Council this lesson. A compliment means you want something from me. What is it Kyp??

?Come to the ceremony.? Kyp replied.

Tenel Ka simply shook her head.

?You owe me a favor and now I am claiming it. Come.?

?What about your retirement home?? asked the Queen Mother.

?Who knows if this war will ever end. Besides I would probably get bored. Unless... a certain Queen Mother I know would care to join me in retirement...? Kyp suggested with a smile.

In a monotone voice Tenel Ka asked ?You would wish to spend your last years with my grandmother??

Kyp laughed. ?Come join us, Tenel. You are a Jedi.?

?I will try.? Tenel Ka responded and cut the connection.

Kyp slowly turned off the comm., still chuckling.

21. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Nice.....this is getting interesting...

You know what I just thought about? And don't get me wrong and think I'm sick or something..but from that post.....I don't know. I got an idea that maybe....I don't know.....maybe try to pair up Kyp and Tenel Ka as a couple?

*dodges things being thrown at her*

okay okay, let me explain!! I'm currently reading a fic where someone decided to pair up Jag and Tahiri....i mean it IS unusual but it works...just a thought here....

Awesome post Kettch!!

22. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    C3SoloP0
    Thanks. When I first started writing this I was not aiming for a K/TK but the more I write the greater they seem together. :) Will they actually end up together? Hmmm...

23. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Kyp and Tenel Ka
    Sitting in a...bed on Hapes...
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

:p

24. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    See? Maybe my idea wasn't so bad after all...

:) :)

*evil me*

25. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    K/TK prob wouldnt be so bad i guess.... good that he got her to come to the ceremony tho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.