main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends New Beginnings: The Queen Mother *************New Part: Kyp's Call

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I wouldn't be JainaJag00.....

Usually I'm the K/J, J/TK, A/T but sometimes a little change does me good....I even like it!! :) :)

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    yea... im a j/j, usually j/tk and a/t as well but i do read fics that are j/t and j/d (sometimes)

3. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Very interesting fic so far Kettch! I'm firmly J/TK but I can still appreciate a well written story pairing her up with someone else. If it turns out that way of course. :D That does explain why he remembered her for the ceremony. More soon!!!

4. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    The K/TK'ness of it all is choking meeeeeeeeeee.....! :p

Other then that, great update, hehe. :p

5. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Kettch!!!! Where are you?????

We need an update!!!!!

Post now!!!!!

6. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, now, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Spike2002
    :)

JainaJag00
    Yeah, for some reason that part in DW bothered me right away since in the official NJO books there were maybe three lines of conversation between Kyp and Tenel Ka (and even Luke had forgotten about her). I also like to read a variety of story matchings. :)

C3SoloPO
    I am glad you like it. Sorry this next post took so long. I have too many stories going on at once. :) Plus I write the Fan Fiction Review Newsletter that takes up quite a bit of time. Anyway, the next post is coming up soon...

Elven_Jedi_Maiden
    Thanks. I am glad you like it. Actually, I have not even figured out if they would be paired up or not. :) We shall see...

Soulwalker
    So, what pairing do you like? And to put you at ease this next part does not have much TK/K'ness. :)

8. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Sorry this update took so long.

Part 4

?Where?d you find that dress?? Han asked as Leia stepped out of the bedroom.

?My secret. Like it??

?Quite nice. Are you sure you have to leave right away? I could enjoy the dress more if you stayed.? Han replied.

?Han, I have to go now. Tenel Ka is leaving right after the ceremony. But I?ll see you there, right??

?Sure.?

?Dressed up?? Leia questioned.

?Do I have to go??

?I?ll see you there.? Leia closed the door behind her. ?He?ll never change.?

?The Queen Mother will see you now,? a beautiful woman showed Leia into a large room. In the center of the room stood a grand wooden desk with two uncomfortable-looking chairs facing it. To the right was a small couch with a luxurious rug in front of it, and to the left was a huge wall-shelf filled with old books and databpads.

?Your highness.? Queen Mother Tenel Ka said to Princess Leia with a small bow.

Leia returned the bow, and smiled ?It is very good to see you, your Majesty.?

?Please call me Tenel Ka. I am getting to hate the words ?your majesty?.?

?I understand.? Leia replied. ?And you must call me Leia. I am more scoundrel than royalty now.?

?How may I help you, Leia?? Tenel Ka directed her to the couch and they sat down facing each other.

?Firstly I wanted to tell you how sorry I was to hear about your mother. She was quite a woman and a formidable warrior.?

?Thank you.?

?Did you know that she saved my life very soon after we first met?? At the Queen Mother?s look of surprise, Leia continued ?There was also the time she got my brother so embarrassed he walked right into a bushrekler and spent the next two days pulling insects out of his hair.?

?I have never heard this.?

?Then I think you will like what I have for you. There is an old custom that when a person passes away all his friends make remembrance cubes. In these remembrance cubes you record all the stories you remember about that person for his family. I did not spend a lot of time with your mother but I recorded everything I could remember.? Leia handed Tenel Ka a small cube.

Softly running her hands over the precious cube Tenel Ka looked up at Leia. ?Thank you. I will treasure this.?

?You are welcome.? Leia smiled. ?Secondly I wanted you to know that I am here if you ever need anything.?

?Thank you.? Tenel Ka responded.

?I was too busy being Senator and then Chief of State to train to be a Jedi and it was hard. Maybe harder than being a true Jedi. But, I don?t regret my decisions.? Leia said.

?May I ask you a question?? Tenel Ka looked down at the cube.

?Yes.?

?What do you do when you get to the point where you cannot bear to listen to one more councilman?s speech??

?Two things. First, I remind myself of all the people who will benefit from my work. Then, when that doesn?t work, I imagine putting a Force Curse on the speaker.? Leia smiled. ?Something like a curse where that person?s hair or fur starts falling out one piece at a time at an increasing rate. Or where he suddenly starts sneezing and can?t stop unless he stands on his head.?

?Ah.? Tenel said with a smile. ?Aha.?

?Your Majesty, it is time we left.? Leia looked up to see the beautiful woman holding a cloak out to the Queen.

Tenel Ka stood up. ?Thank you for coming. I will remember your advice.? The Queen Mother said and headed towards the door.

?Tenel Ka, are you sure you won?t stay for the celebration after the ceremony??

?I am sure.?

Kyp had found the perfect spot. It was a slightly hidden corner which had a perfect view of the corner Jaina was hiding in. Three times since the start of the reception he had tried to approach her. The first two times she saw him coming she quickly evaded towards a large group of people. The third time she sent him a picture through the Force. The picture was of him lying on the Tatooine Desert, suffering of dehydration while Jaina l

9. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Wow, for once I didn't feel like strangling Tahiri! [face_shocked] And I really could feel Kyp's pain and loneliness... :( :_|

Very well written, I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Weird pets. Does Tahiri have a thing for animals? I never read YJK so I wouldn't know.

11. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Thank the Force for a post!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...I think Kyp should take Tahiri's advice and concentrate on something else....say.....Tenel Ka perhaps? heheh :)
    I don't think I'm gonna let this idea go... :)

Well...
    "Obviously I'm not needed here."
    That's right Kyp!! You go somewhere else and let them chase you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3Solo

12. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
    HI KETTCH !

This is a neato-bedeeto story ! Can't wait for more !!! ;)

me

13. aelie

Mar 27, 2003
  14. aelie

Mar 27, 2003
    Oi. There's nobody here 'cept me... :(

15. aelie

Mar 27, 2003
    ::poiks thread::

Haylooooo ? Anyone alive ?

I've become a thread killer. :(

me

16. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Elven_Jedi_Maiden
    Thanks. I am glad you liked it. :) I try to post for this story at least once a month. BTW, if you do not mind me asking, what specifically do you not like about Tahiri? Thanks again.

Spike
    No. The pet came from my other story The Wraiths adopt Tahiri. I just added it in so that the two stories correspond. :)

C3SoloPO
    I am glad you liked it so much. :) *laughing at the image of Kyp turning away from Jaina and she immediately running after him.
    :) Soon Kyp may end up on Hapes...

aelie
    Glad you like it. :) And, do not worry: you are not a thread killer. I just do not update this story as much as Tahiri's Place and Old Rogues go Rogue.

17. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Soon Kyp may end up on Hapes??????

Can't say that to me and not post!!!!!!!!

Kyp and Tenel should not lose precious time in the midst of a war or a coming war and just go at it for Force's sakes!! LOL LOL

Okay okay......

*pushes Kyp toward Tenel Ka.....both stumble backward and take the hint*

Good Kyp
    Good Tenel Ka

*pats them both on the head*

18. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    sry i havnt been keeping up... jaina should stay with jag... and kyp should go after someone else. i like tahiri's pets btw. they sound cute. just not around computers.

-jj00

19. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    C3SoloPO
    lol!!

Good Kyp
    Good Tenel Ka

*pats them both on the head*

lol some more. :) :)

I will try my hardest to have more up within a week and a half. :)

20. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    JainaJag00
    I am glad you are interested in the story. I made up Tahiri's new pet in my other story Tahiri's Place; the whole keep-away-from-electronics-thing is to set the stage for a funny scene in that story, which has a lot more humor than this one-- but not as much as my Old Rogues story. :)

21. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Sorry it took so long... I think I have toooooo many stories going at once. How about this, I figure I'll just PM y'all when I add a new part, okay? If you don't want me to, just let me know.

Part5

?I would like to speak with the Queen Mother.? Kyp said to the woman on the comm. screen.

?She is busy.? Ree?la responded.

?Tell her Kyp would like to speak with her.?

?I did.? Ree?la responded with a grin. ?She said to take a message from you.?

?Tell her it?s an emergency.? Kyp said.

?So you would like to leave an emergency message for the Queen??

?I must speak with Tenel Ka.? Kyp said, anger at the annoying woman increasing with her every word. ?You will let me speak with her.? Kyp continued, using the Force to help the woman decide to follow his command.

?I will let you speak with the Queen.? There was a slight delay and then Tenel Ka?s image appeared on the screen.

?What do you want, Kyp??

?No ?hello?? No ?it?s nice to see you, Kyp?? What kind of queen are you??

?A very tired queen who keeps trying to break contact with a certain Jedi Master."

?Your candor is refreshing.? Kyp said with a smile. ?Now, why didn?t you stay for the reception after the Knighthood Ceremony??

?That was never part of the arrangement we made.? The Queen said.

?Yes it was.? Kyp said automatically. When Tenel Ka just stared at him and did not respond he tried to remember back to their conversation. ?You said you would come to the Jedi Knighthood Ceremony. The reception was included by implication.?

The Queen shook her head.

?You did not even stay long enough to say hello to me or Jaina or Jacen or anyone else.? Kyp said.

?Fact.?

Kyp waited, but when Tenel Ka did not add anymore he asked. ?Are all queens this rude? I am just trying to keep you connected to the Jedi.?

?Why?? Tenel Ka asked.

?Because?? Kyp started ?you need the Jedi and we need you. Tenel, is there anyone in all of Hapes you can really trust??

?Are you implying I can trust you and the rest of the Jedi??

?Well, maybe not me.? Kyp grinned. ?I don?t have the best history. But you can trust Luke or Saba or even Mara if you?re not one of the many who are terrified of her.?

?Who can you trust, Kyp?? Tenel Ka responded. ?Jaina??

?What do you mean??

?I do not have to be a Jedi Master to see this.? The Queen answered.

?See what?? Kyp asked.

?You know, I only briefly met the pilot Jag but I like him. He is the type of man who draws many women.?

Outwardly Kyp did not change expression but inwardly he was flooded with a strong feeling. I must do something about this jealousy thing. Kyp thought. Jealousy probably also leads to the dark side.

?Aha.? The Queen Mother smiled. ?I sensed that.?

Kyp shrugged his shoulders. ?I do not suppose you could use your new position to do away with Jag??

Tenel Ka laughed. ?You are good for me Kyp. Years ago Jacen was always trying to make me laugh. I treasure laughter now.?

?Then why didn?t you speak to Jacen at the ceremony??

?He is different. I am different.?

?Everyone changes. You cannot throw away everyone who grows and changes.? Kyp said.

The Queen sighed. ?I am not cutting myself off from the Jedi. Or my old friends. But I have changed and I cannot be the same as I was with them.?

?Does this mean you?ll accept my call next time??

?There will be a next time??

?Jaina ignores me, Jacen doesn?t like me, Tahiri is too strange, and Luke is too calm. You?re the only one I can enjoy bothering.?

?There is a comm. call for you, your Majesty.? Ree'la said.

?Who is it?? The Queen Mother asked, looking up from her defense reports.

?From a young girl named Tahiri. She said that you know her.?

?Yes, let me speak with her.?

Tahiri?s image appeared on the screen. ?Hi, Tenel Ka. I mean Queen?um your majesty.?

?You may call me Tenel Ka, Tahiri.?

22. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003

?Jaina ignores me, Jacen doesn?t like me, Tahiri is too strange, and Luke is too calm. You?re the only one I can enjoy bothering.?

*dies laughing*

I LOVE THIS!! :D [face_love] :D [face_love]

And to echo the others... Tahi's pets are absolutly adorable!! [face_love]

I WANT ONE!!!

*hides it from her mother*

Uhh... no mom. It's just a umm... Dust bunnie!! :D

:p

23. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Angel_Jaid
    I like that line too. :) Thanks. And, yeah, I would like a pet such as that too. You could take it anywhere and just claim it was a new fashion statement. :)

24. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    More plaese

25. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    1230kevin
    Welcome. I am glad you like the story. I should have another post up within a few weeks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.