main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters New Bespin Café - The H/L Fanfic Index v3.0 - We´ll be back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I would say that one of the best old H/L fics that really caught my attention was While You were Gone, by Stonedrose. It's a really great AU spin on the OT, and of Han and Leia's relationship. No matter what they went through in the story, and there was so much going on, the connection between them remained solid and you could believe it. The only sad thing about the story is that it was not completed. It's a really great, exciting H/L tale though, well worth a look. Anything by LadyPadme as well. Her characterizations are amazing.

2. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    This is a really great discussion topic. What a way to find fanfic gems! I haven't had a chance to check out Amidala_Skywalker's stories yet, but I will. Stonedrose is awesome, but I don't know if I've read "While You Were Gone." And LP is just...well, bow down to her. brodiew, I've never read "Acceptance" before now, and it was just heartbreakingly beautiful. Thanks for alerting us to that.

I don't remember the first H/L I read on the Boards, but one of the first stories I read over at ff.net was Limelight's The Not Quite Love Letters. It's one of the most clever and funniest stories I've ever read, and I've revisited it at least three times, especially the later chapters. Awesome. On the Boards, it might have been DarthIshtar's The Building Tension. Absolutely inspired. The fourth viggie makes my heart stop every time I read it.

3. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

But we did find an escape from reality, ain?t we? [face_whistling] So...

HELLO, DARLINGS!!! AND WELCOME TO THE QUEEN QUOTE H/L ROULETTE CHALLENGE!!!

I know, that doesn?t sound very Star Wars :rolleyes: , but that?s what you get when you leave a die-hard Queen fan in charge of the place.:p

So, believe it or not, after a few manipulations of which Palpatine himself would have been proud, I managed to convince my fellow Indexers and the Mods themselves that a Queen-Quote Roulette Challenge would be an excellent idea to re-launch this thread and have some H/L fun during the Holidays.

The idea is quite simple and completely unoriginal, but being original is not my job but yours, if you choose to pick up the gauntlet: you give me a number between 1 and 15 and I give you a quote from a Queen song (and the title of that song, of course).

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?

The Challenge: to write a story with Han and Leia as main characters, inspired by the Queen-Quote that was given to you.

The Rules:
    - Stories must stay within the TOS, of course
    - Stories must be at least 1000 words long
    - Stories MUST INCLUDE THE TITLE OF THE SONG within the text (if you choose to use it as a title for the story too, that?s up to you)
    - Bonus points if you manage to include the quote itself in the text
    - Post the story in the suitable era, with "Queen Quote H/L Roulette" in the header and link it in this thread, please

The Deadlines:
    - I?ll start sending the quotes on Sunday 14th in the evening (my time, so I guess it?ll be around mid-afternoon for most of the people in the States and Canada)
    - The Challenge will be open for everybody until the last quote is taken
    - You may fire when ready, I mean, you may post when ready
    - The Challenge will close on January 10th, 2009

The Winner: After January 10th, we?ll ask all the participants to vote for the best answer to this challenge. In case of a tie the bonus points mentioned in The Rules will be taken into account.

The Prize: Bragging rights the size of Han Solo?s ego.

Oh, mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me go...

GJ?s Note I: Don?t be scared, my friends, I chose the quotes and the titles of the songs to be the less Earth-ish as possible. I also tried to use some of the lesser-known songs (so no Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust or We Are The Champions, I?m afraid) just because I like them. I highly encourage you to go here if you are curious about the rest of the lyrics, and if you want to listen to the song and can?t find it, just PM me ;).

Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me...

Except that you have fun with the challenge and that we all can enjoy soon some (we?re sure) excellent new H/L stories! I you have any further questions, just PM the sock or Golden_Jedi

GJ?s Note II: for the record, as LASOS expressed her wish to participate as well in the challenge, I chose a special quote for her (that she doesn?t know of yet [face_skull] ). That will be the 16th quote, and of course she won?t participate in the final selection of the winner.

Anyway the wind blows...

So... More takers? :D

1. LittleCat
    2. Alexis_Wingstar
    3. leiamoody
    4. Bri_Windstar
    5. Goddess-Jaina-Redick
    6. NYCitygurl
    7. Mira_Jade
    9. earlybird-obi-wan
    10. VaderLVR64
    11. Sara_Kenobi
    12. brodiew
    13. JediXManSerenaKenobi
    15. Ceillean
    16. LASOS
    23. VaderLVR64

The Replies

Take It, by VaderLVR64
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/2

4. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I'll bite. ;) Number 4 please. :)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Give me number 10. :D

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, this looks to be a blast! And a great way to start some good 'ol Han and Leia lovin'. [face_love]

I'll take number 7 please? [face_batting]

On another note, this place is looking great guys! All of your hard work really payed off! This is definitely a thread I'll keep my eye on now. :)

~MJ @};-

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Heee, you're so cool! :D

Bri_Winstar gets a virtual replica of Han's tight stripped pants for being the first to volonteer... Or was it Freddie's pants? [face_thinking] It's too early down here to tell them apart ;) .

8. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I'm liking this challenge already. :cool:

9. LASOS

May 13, 2008
    YEAAAAH, challenge! I'm so pumped to see y'all already signed up! Who else?

Goldie has been working extra hard on this. Round of applause to her. =D=

10. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    First quotes sent... :D

Anyone else?

11. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I'll do number Thirteen if it's still available!! :D
    - Serena

12. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I know that I shouldn't, because I can't guarantee that I'll actually be able to come up with anything in time...yet, there is one particular song that I would *hope* might come up if I were to participate in this challenge.

*dramatic sigh* Give me three, then. (We'll all regret this in the morning).

13. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Thanks for joining in, Serena and LM... :) Quotes sent!

Which one was it?

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, for the new challenge, I'd like to try 11 or 12 if they are still available please.

15. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy.

16. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Good choice! But in the light of the rules we designed I tried to choose safer songs for the sake of the TOS ;), as well as less famous ones (that I really like :D ). But GOFLB has definitely a lot of posibilities... I'll be thrilled to read a songfic with that one written by you when the muse strikes! I hope you're not mad at me because of the quote you landed with.

Sara, both quotes are still available, which one would you like?

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd love to try H/L for a change.

Number 15, if it's not yet taken?

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I've got mine posted. Here is is:

Take It

This was a fun challenge! :D

19. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    It's okay. I think I got hit with the desire for that one after watching (again) a Hornblower fan vid that someone did using that song. It's a song that's perfect on so many levels, that seems to work with almost everything in almost any fandom.

I'll try to do something with it sooner or later. I'll make something useful from the quote that you gave me as well. (I couldn't have done the same if I had wound up with something from the Highlander soundtrack, though. Some people love that one...I'm not one of them).

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be doing another one featuring Han/Leia, but I still wanted to use my quote for this one. :D

21. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    My time has come!

Alright, this sounds like fun!!

I'll take # 1 please!!! :D

22. LASOS

May 13, 2008
    *jumps up and down with joy*

YES! She does it!!!! :) Atta girl!

BTW-Everyone should congratulate our dear LC. She just graduated college AND got an interview to vet school!

23. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Congratulations, LittleCat! [:D]

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    As somebody who is suffering through college with no end in sight, I have to say a heart-felt you go girl! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

25. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    [:D] AWWWWW *tear* thank you LASOS!!!! [:D] And thank you for the congratulations, Ubersue and Mira_Jade!!! Y'all are so sweet!!! Hang in there, Mira_Jade, I promise it's all worth it when you walk across that big stage!!