main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters New Bespin Café - The H/L Fanfic Index v3.0 - We´ll be back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    PadmeSolo00: apparently the unwritten rule for Sith names is to take some defining quality of the Sith Lord in question and translate it to some other language... or something like that. I hope this helps.

The first one that comes to my mind is DarthIshtar's wonderful To Cast Away Stones but I'm sure there are others... I don't know why it was not included in the Index (it has a lot of H/L) [face_thinking] .

I know, I know, I'm WAY behind with the index, but I haven't forgotten my duties! [face_blush] Just blame DRL on this.

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I'm looking for an AU set in the original trilogy where Han and Leia have a son. He is named Ryder or some other odd start with an R name. When the Emporer captured him, he had a 35,000 Midichlorian count.

I read this story early in my fanfiction live, so it will be during or before 2005-2006. It may be on the classic board. It also may have been a series.

If you could help me locate this, I would be happy! Thanks!

3. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    I think the story you are looking for is In Love and War by LadyPadme. It's listed in the Bespin Cafe 3.0 (page 1 of this topic)

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Man, the things senility does to you. I'd completely forgotten that I'd given Rydor a midichlorian count, and it even took me something like half an hour to find the post where I wrote that. But, I'm pretty sure MaggieSolo is right, G_Anakin. The story is In Love and War.

Thanks for reading!

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    The title rings a bell! Thanks!

6. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Ahhhhh yes, I remember that fic. IT was the first LP fic I ever read, I have since become addicited to her evil cliffies. *goes back to re-read In love and war* If memory serves didn't it have a sequel? I thought it did, maybe my memory is faluty after Exams.

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Two sequels actually! The Jade Prophecy and A Phoenix from the Ashes. It also has a prequel, Of Spies and Sabaac.

OSAS often gets overlooked/forgotten in mentioning the series, which I've always found odd and a bit unfortunate. It started it all and really is a great read.

*nostalgic* Man, those threads were good times.

8. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    You're right!

*going back to read OSAS"[face_peace]

9. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Jade Prophecy had a sequel??! :eek: I missed it! :_| *runs back to read, starting w/sabbac* Thanks Bri!

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, I loved that series. Good to have it handy again to read.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Wanted to let you all know of a stellar new fic that perhaps hasn't been added. It's by KELIA called Seeds of Deception. It's one where Leia has to enter an arranged marriage ostensibly to keep her father from being targeted by the Imps and there will of course be some H&L eventually. Hee! It's early days yet so it's gonna get even more fun from here.

It's posted usually every Monday.

:)

12. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Yes! I'm still around and Indexing!

New Stories... check!

Index Updated... check!

February 2010 Challenge... check!

Yes, we even have a new challenge for February!

Since it's Valentine's month, I decided it would be nice to have a challenge about that. They say love is blind, but true love is also often quiet...

The Challenge: Write a H/L story where one of them (or both) does (or does not) something for love without telling...

Have fun, and remember to post the link to your story here!

Yours truly,

HLFFG

13. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    No one interested? :_|

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I'm totally interested!! I'm so thrilled to see this thread still up and running. I'm just having time issues. Having a bunch of different stories to update + college isn't exactly ideal...

But I think I can find a spare moment or two to write some H/L fluff. :) [face_love]

15. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I am so happy to see this thread surviving!=D= It's been a long time since I've been here. I've have just started reading and writing fanfic again and I came here looking for jumpstart. Where have all the H/L writers and readers gone? [face_worried]

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Where have YOU been, J-Girl? You've been gone for AGES!!!!

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, LP! YOU should talk, err....type! You've been pretty scarce lately, too. (having babies is a good excuse, though... ;) )

18. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
  19. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh, boy, I think I'm hallucinating... Too much quantum mechanics in a week does that to people, doesn't it?[face_hypnotized]

20. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

I suppose quantum mechanics could do that to one. I'm confused. What are you hallucinating about exactly? :confused:

21. HanLeiaFanficGuru

Mar 1, 2003
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Irvin_Kershner_Passes_Away_135229.asp

Irvin Kershner Passes Away

Posted By Eric on November 29, 2010

The AFP reports that Irvin Kershner died on Saturday in Los Angeles at the age of 87. His goddaughter said that his death resulted from a "long illness."

Kershner, who was best known to Star Wars fans as the director of The Empire Strikes Back in 1980, also directed RoboCop 2 and the Bond film Never Say Never Again.

All of us here at TheForce.Net and Rebelscum.com extend our deepest sympathies to the family of Mr. Kershner. His incredible work will never be forgotten.

Source: AFP (via io9)

UPDATE: StarWars.com has a statement from George Lucas, who says, "The world has lost a great director and one of the most genuine people I've had the pleasure of knowing. Irvin Kershner was a true gentleman in every sense of the word." Other websites, such as Wired's Underwire blog and MTV Movies, have also offered tributes.

UPDATE #2: CNN.com has posted an obituary that includes comments from Billy Dee Williams, longtime friend Barbra Streisand, and fellow director Francis Ford Coppola.

************************************************************************************************

So long, Kersh, and thanks for doing so much for our beloved couple...
    =D==D==D==D==D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My Dutch newspaper 'De Volkskrant' came today with a very fitting article.

"Verpletterende reputatie met één Star Wars film" is the head

TESB is my favorite of the OT

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    He directed my favorite of the films and I will miss him a great deal.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. HanLeiaFanficGuru

Mar 1, 2003
    Yeah, I did remember the old password!!! [face_dancing]

Heeeeelloooooo everybody.... Is someone still around?

Unfortunately the Index got lost with THE MOVE [face_hypnotized] but there´s a lot od Han & Leia goodness coming up in a few months.... Who's up? [face_coffee]

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mod reply: Hello! I'm not sure how you were able to reply to a locked thread, but I can unlock this for you if you wish, OR you can do what other indexes have done and simply create a new thread