main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters New Bespin Café - The H/L Fanfic Index v3.0 - We´ll be back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Whooooooo! I knew you could do it!

:D

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: I totally forgot about this challenge! Plus, I can't find the PM that was sent to me with the quote I was supposed to use. [face_blush]

3. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    If she hasn't already, I'll send Goldie a PM and ask her to send you your quote again. I know DRL has been amazingly busy for her recently.

Would LOVE to see your response to this challenge!!!!!

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Is there a new challenge in the works?

5. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    I'd love to see Alexis' reply too! :D Yeah, I did re-send the dare, but forgot to post here... [face_blush]

Brodiew, we've been tossing around a few ideas for a new challenge, but nothing has been decided yet... Any brilliant ideas are welcome! ;)

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Done at last. :) (Alexis? Wanna see it when you're done.)

Dreams of All

In response to: #8 ?The dream of the child is the hope of the man.? (A Winter?s Tale, Mercury, Made in Heaven, 1995)

7. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Hey, people!

Maybe you could help me. You seem friendly enough.

I just joined the boards yesterday and I don't know how to do anything!

Could anyone tell me how to put stuff in my bio or write a fic or link things? I'm not exactly a computer genius over here.

*crickets chirp*

Oh well, guess I'm on my own here...

-QueenArdnassak8-}

8. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Welcome, QueenArdnassak!

If you take a peek here or here all your questions will be answered... If not, just drop me a PM (Private Message) ;) . Enjoy the boardas!

9. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    Thanks sooooooo much, Golden_Jedi!:)

I totally needed the help!8-}

-QueenArdnassak

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I feel like I've all but abandoned you, Goldie... sorry! Life, as you all know, is crazy this time of year... I'll try to be around more often, but I can't make any promises...

The responses for the last challenge have been superb. It always amazes me how the writers in this forum rise to the challenges. Bravo to you all!

11. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Hi, JM... Don't worry... I'm a bit, hm, absent from the boards myself lately... [face_blush]

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Seriously, I'm ready for a new challenge. You guys have done such a great job taking over. I just don't want it to languish. :)

13. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    New Stories and Index updated!

Read on!

14. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I thought I'd pop in a link for an awsome video e-card:

Star Wars Love Story

It might just be a little video e-card, but it brings back some nice, little memories of our favourite couple. ;)

15. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Awwwwwwwww... That was so sweet! Thanks Aiel! [:D]

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That was awesome, I agree with Goldie! So sweet....

17. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    Up!

Where is everybody?

It's kind of lonely in here...[face_worried]

18. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Hi QueenArdnassak yeah this place can get become kinda dead here and there.

Maybe people's muses have taken a hike.

I know my current H&L with a little OC thrown is stalled to do my beta. She's really busy which bites cause I know I have time to hang around. I think my muse is about to pack up leave again.

Anyhow nice meeting you. Ja.

Oh one last thing anyone got any ideas for challenge, if not can anyone come up with one and submit?

19. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    We're not dead, we're not dead...! :D Just a bit overwhelmed by DRL...:rolleyes:

First of all, feel free to PM any suggestions for challenges to the sock.

And since I'm all ready here, what about a nice issue for debate?

****New Topic Following****

In more fanfics than I can count, we read about Leia physically abusing Han (no, I'm not meaning THAT way :p , it's TOS violating!!) , slapping him, kicking him in specially painful places, etc. And Han deserved it in most of the cases too.

Yet, she never did anything of the kind in the movies. Tongue lashing? Yes, a lot. But the only physical act of revenge we see coming from Leia after heavy picking from han is... kissing Luke.

Why do you think outhors insist with the classical slapping scene? Do we think that it was something that probably happened but George didn't show us because it was not politically correct/family friendly/whatever, in the same way we think OTHER physical stuff happened that George didn't show us? Or Leia is just the no-slapping kind and portraiting her as one is wrong?

Discuss. :)

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    This.

I can understand a playful poke in the side (from either party) but real physical abuse? No.

What comes to mind is the 'classic portrayal' of a strong woman needs to assert her dominance physically - ie the 'classic' slap that ends in a lot of sexies in film nior, but Leia always 'struck' me (no pun intended) as being 'above' that. She's not weepy, or wimpy, but nor is she domineering or cruel. She reminds me a lot of Kate Hepburn (or at least, my perception of her) from the African Queen. She strong, beautiful, and can hold her own. She didn't stoop to the level of 'B***-Cow', and never will.

21. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    In a fic that wrote a long time that neer got off the ground. Leia does slap Han.

But after my beta told it was bit much for her slap him.

And I re read it I realized it was bit much.

She might playfully slap him on the cheek or elbow him in the ribs but thats it.

What about when she becomes a a jedi she could left him in the air and leave him there up side do tell he decides to be nice.

I think she would do that Leia writing Leia and Han& Leia in the EU is hard.

Oh and I finely got why Han never had too worry about the kids throwing hm in a wall. There always training with Luke in Mara. duh.:oops: Some parts of EU I just don't like or care for.

22. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    If there was going to be any slapping going between Han and Leia, it would only be the "slap and tickle" variety. [face_whistling]

23. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    I like to think that Leia would slap Han (in the OT at least) if he got waaaaaaaayyyyy too... fresh. Or too close for comfort, because there are way too many girls who let guys take advantage of them in movies like that.

But that's just my opinion.

Nice to meet you too AJ.

24. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I agree with QueenArdnassak. In the OT, ANH timeframe especially, I could see her slapping him for inappropriate touching or suggestions.

25. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I don't see Leia as the sort that would slap Han. I even wrote a little viggie that touched on this very subject.

She Sees Dead People