main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters New Bespin Café - The H/L Fanfic Index v3.0 - We´ll be back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Dec 3, 2008.

1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Seriously, Leia (the one from the movies...who is that Leia in the EU, because I don't recognize her?) wouldn't slap Han. Slapping a man for being too forward is the action of a juvenile spoiled little girl who thinks that she deserves respect simply because she exists. Leia comes from a privileged background, but Deity knows she doesn't act spoiled. Snotty, yes, but that's really more of a defense mechanism IMHO. When she met Han, she was confronted with an emotional situation that was *far* beyond her realm of experience. Plus, to be honest, Han *was* acting like a jerk. A lot of women find that attractive, but others raised in more refined or controlled environments would find his behavior immature. Leia was used to men that were more...subtle in their approach to a woman. It doesn't mean that she necessarily preferred or liked that approach, but she was only eighteen when she met Han. It's a big difference going from one extreme to the other. She would shoot him down with words, but not actually attack him. Leia's a balanced and emotionally stable person, so slapping a person wouldn't be part of her behavioral vocabulary. (Even in TESB, her physical reaction to Han getting too close is more of a "shove back" than a slap). YMMV, of course, but that's my screwball opinion.

2. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Anyone here know of any dark Leia stories, or Dark Leia/Vader fics with Han in them?

I asked this at the looking for fics place and have had no luck.

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Better Left Unspoken by JediMaster_Gimpy

Dark Star by Lari

Forsaken by _Sithspawn_

...and I'm sure there are a lot more there in the Index. ;)

4. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    These are both probably in the Index, but:

LadyPadme's Prelude to a Whisper is probably one of my favorite Dark!Leia stories,

and JediNemisis' Into This Shining Day, while more about Dark!Luke than Dark!Leia, includes a wonderful scene between Leia and Vader and is just chilling.

5. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    here's another one: Han Alone

It's a post-ROTJ dark Leia AU!!!

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is sort of a dark Leia. Just a lot of twists and Vader involvement. Just a Dream

7. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I read Better Left Unspoken it was pretty good, I liked it.

Not sure which one I'll read next, thanks you guys.:)

8. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    I remember reading Darth Ish's JUST A DREAM a while ago and found it super!
    And I can also recommend LP's PRELUDE... - it is a short piece...not too long...angst at its best!

9. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    I read Ish's Just a Dream. That was the one with Tarin the Jarrin', right? It was an amazing story.=D=

Ish is evil![face_devil]

10. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    Exactly - Tarkin without a "k"...that's why I remember it...

It's a good thing that she is evil - evil is more fun! :D

EDIT:

It sucks, to be honest, that BETTER LEFT UNSPOKEN was left unfinished!

I just *loved* the idea of "Empress Leia".

Can one of you gifted people write an Empress Leia story for me?

[face_hypnotized]

11. SithArdnassak

SithArdnassak Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2009

I wouldn't call myself "gifted", but I might be able to write an Empress Leia story.

However, in the meantime, my very first ever posted H/L story can be found by clicking here. In case anyone wants to check it out, I mean.

12. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    *runs in, trips @ falls face first* Oppp, Heya everyone. I've been away from the JCF for about 5 years now. DRL has kept me away, and compie problems. etc. annnnyway LP directed me over here, so I can get my H & L fix. Thhhaaaankkkk yooooooou! *tackle-hugs LP*

*scans the crowd for Sticksy & Great One* I missed you guys!

Anyhooo guys, I am starting my first H&L fic, and I would reallllly like a Beta Reader. It's an AU set around the time of novel New Rebellion, or 17 years after ANH. It deals with Han & Leia's daughter is kidnaped by a lone sith lord, and raised as a Dark Jedi. And the only one who has a chance at stoping her, is her twin sister.

Any takers? You can PM me if you're intrested, or reply.

THanks

Libby-AKA PadmeSolo00

13. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Welcome back, Libby! [:D] (I used the screen-name GreatOne in the past, but now I use PonyTricks.) :)

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, I'd be willing to beta that.

15. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    Thanks muchly Tricksy. *I thought on this one for a while, I can't call you GO anymore, and PT could be confusing on the boards,[face_thinking] Then I came up with Tricksy while I was doing homework.* Uguh, math homework. :rolleyes: It seems my brain doesn't want me to do the math HW.

Thanks a bunch Ish. [:D] I've pmed you about this.

So has this happened to anyone else? I was trying to get ready for my math exam, studing, finishing homework, and I got attacked by several H&L plot bunnies. *Those bunnies are fickle little things.* They'd all be intresting to write, but I'm not sure if I should post them on the fourms or not. Four of them are vinettes (one shot), all dealing with different issues of parenthood. Some Leia's pov, some Han's. What do you think guys? Should I even bother writing these?

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Absolutely, the more H/L, the better! And family stuff can be really fun, too. Write on!

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm thinking of writing a H/L Au once I'm done with my current one. Details possibly to come.

18. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Just popping in to wave. Today is my seven-year anniversary on these boards. I had sort of wanted to write a vignette or something to commemorate, but my muse was just ever so uncooperative. Still, it's been a fun ride.

[HanSoloVoice]We're fine. We're all fine here, now. How are you?[/HanSoloVoice]

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    *cough* maybe you should update some story that involves H/L and an AU... *cough*

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Congratulation, LadyPadme! :) I'm so glad I never read anything by you until I was well hooked into writing my own stuff... or I would have never dared!:D

BTW: I'm working on a new update of the Index, I'm halfway through!

21. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    *cough* I'm with Ish! *cough*:p

22. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    Congrats LP - 7 years is a long time!

I'm also with Ish.... Please [face_hypnotized] [face_praying]

I'm suffering from LP withdrawl...

23. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    Just wanted to say: I'm so happy to have found The New Bespin Cafe! And thanks to all the writers out there who work so hard making our lives happier!

24. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    Thanks DM1, I'm working on them, I promise. I got swallowed by DRL, and college classes, but, I"m working with my wonderful beta and will have my first H/L story up soon. I cannot promise to be as evil as LP but I will try [face_devil] I would have had my viggies done already but, my muse is a fickle mistress.

Anyway I could use some help from you guys. I can't seem to come up with an appropraite name for my meddlesome sith lord. He's so evil he makes palpy look like a pussy cat. Any takers?

Thanks!

25. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Are there any stories in this thread where Leia knows or meets Padme. If so, if you know any off the top of you head, can you tell me of them. Thank you!