main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Toast would have been nice to snack on up the mountain.

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi bezzies, 6 AM and I'm working OT. So happy to be here!

[​IMG]

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Do you've got access to the Spurs/Liverpool game? I've got to miss it (i.e.: not DVRing it), because I've got a family party to be at in the afternoon, so when I get home from work, I'm going to get 2-3 hours sleep before I've got head back out.

Not exactly thrilled about that, and missing the game to boot. :p

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have it on my phone, mainly listening rather than watching. It's not ideal, but better than nothing.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    And the Spurs salvage a point from it!

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, should I get this Poke Mongo app that everyone else has? I feel like I'm missing out, but at the same time I don't care. 2048 is the app for me.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    2048 is very fun! I tried the Pokemon Go but I did not think it was very good. It has a lot of mistakes.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I prefer to think of myself as "retro." I'm so glad CDs are the new "retro." Vinyl is super inconvenient to get into just because it's "hip."

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have you ever made it to the 4096 tile? I've been trying for a year and a half.

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    CDs are still a thing if you want them sweet, sweet FLAC files. Burning CDs, now that's retro.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Happy Saturday besties! It's Corn Fest here in Hicktown Normal where basically the whole downtown area becomes a giant market for selling corn. All the local businesses have huge sales too and there is carnival/fair food too. So far my daughter has picked out a Yoda action figure and I've gotten some discounted figures and comics, as soon as the wife gets here we will be getting mass quantities of corn and I'll get to have corn on the cob pretty much every day for the next few weeks!

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The sound is just so much . . . warmer on a burned CD.

KnightWriter and Ramza like this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The conclusion of my spaced out "3-day" weekend begins now... had a Friday night off 2-weeks ago, a Saturday night off last week, concluding with being off tonight. :D

:p

14. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    notes from a new pet owner: a wet puppy smells exactly like that.

KnightWriter likes this.
  15. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    how's that puppy belly. you gotta appreciate it. i'm still a bit sad that mine hit puberty and got tits and rougher skin. i just loved patting that fat, soft belly.

still, i love my adult dog of course. i've always found other peoples puppies more fun than my own. all the cuddles and none of the responsibility. dogs only get better with age. except for their belly.

anyways.

Rylo Ken and Darth Guy like this.
  16. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016

I have not! I have only gotten to 2048 and some of the other high numbers. 4096 is quite hard to get to

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    What a lame weekend. Got depressed today for some reason. Started to wrestle with existential despair regarding failure of entire life. Ate a hot roast beef sandwich and felt better. Still not one-hundred percent down with existential despair, but better.

18. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear today was lousy, Rogue 1.5. Existential despair is the worst. I'm glad that eating helped out a bit, though.

19. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Speaking as a French woman:

Good, hot food can help many things. I am glad that you are feeling better. Depression is terrible.

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Rogue, failure at what. I think you're awesome.

21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I had a tooth pulled today--my first one pulled while I was conscious. It was more scary than painful . . . not least because of the weird magnifying glasses the dentist was wearing. :p

Rylo Ken likes this.
  22. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Today I drove above the tree line at the Rockies, ~11k to ~12k feet high. It was insane and amazing. Then we ate sandwiches in the tundra.

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Eek. Scary. How'd it go? Hopefully fine. And hopefully you aren't in too much pain in the aftermath.

Today we worked straight through at my job until 8:30. I typed 40 pages of notes. Everything hurt by the end of it...

But now I've just been told there's no room tomorrow and I get to work from home :D

ophelia likes this.
  24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Rogue1-and-a-half , it's amazing how well food can (temporarily) quiet the roaring of the demons. I think it's because chewing keeps their mouths otherwise occupied.

KnightWriter likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013