main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    tom! where are you!

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Tom, glad to hear your dad came through okay. It's definitely a long recovery, but from what I've seen, the surgery can also lead to better quality of life once you recover. My grandfather had quadruple bypass when he was 75 and lived 12 more years.

All my best wishes to you and your family.

tom likes this.
  3. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    tom! where are you!

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    at the san francisco va hospital caring for my papa!

vin and Darth Basin like this.
  5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm glad your dad's surgery went well, tom. I hope that everything continues to go smoothly!

tom likes this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hi besties. Another friend of mine, the third this year, passed away. I've been cleaning out her house, which is quite the hoarder house, this past week. We're about half-way finished. It's been a tough job, but definitely a labor of love. It's actually been really cathartic for me to do it, and her family, which is part of my extended family, really appreciates it. Her mother is in no way equipped to deal with it.

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm sorry about your friend. Her family is fortunate to have your support and help!

harpua likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, my maternal grandmother is most likely going into a nursing home at this point. She just turned 90 this past summer, but her dementia is pretty bad. She gets deliveries of wine to her house every week, but since her short term memory is almost completely gone, she went through five bottles this past weekend. She's fine, but this is a pretty bad situation for my mom and aunt. Fortunately, mom seems to be handling it just fine.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    tom glad to hear surgery went well for your dad, hope his recovery goes well!

harpua my condolences, best wishes to you and your family

I Are The Internets sorry to hear about your grandma, went through that recently with my wife's grandma and grandpa and it really is hard to deal with, best wishes to you and your family as well.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    besties, i found it! sadly, no one was guarding it.

[​IMG]

rest in peace, the guardian of arlon.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi bezzies, I'm super excited about the announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2. The first is pretty much the last game I actually played. That coupled with watching Westworld, this is something I want ASAP. Unfortunately, the release date is Autumn 2017.

So now, I have to be patient and wait for the inevitable release delay announcement.

12. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    If I were making a zombie shooter set in a Soviet gulag, I would call it Red Dead Redemption. No zombies though and no communist I take it.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The first did actually have a zombie version. I don't recall there being any commies, but I didn't ask.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm so pumped for RDR 2. RDR is top five for me, so I'd love to see where Rockstar goes with 2.

Happy news besties, my car has needed four new tires for the past couple of months, but I kept putting it off due to financial worries. Lo and behold, but my parents have offered to buy them for me for my bday this year! It's probably the best bday present I can ask for right now!

Juliet316 , Rylo Ken and cubman987 like this.
  15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I saw that. I left a @};-

tom, Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  16. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Besties, I have been pooped on by a pigeon. I was standing exactly below a little gap in the pigeon spikes, and the pigeon saw the opening and took advantage. I feel unclean. I am unclean. I actually pulled soiled paper out of a garbage can to clean myself off.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's good luck, bezzie! I'm not sure how being **** on is good luck, unless that's your jam and a stranger comes up to you and says, "I would love to lay a Cleveland Steamer out on your chest!",but apparently it is.

And now I have an image of you and your doppelgänger going to a chicke. Farm to make "Two Kens, One Cluck".

I hate my brain.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Did my good deed for the day. Found a wallet in Washington Square Park. Was able to find the guys Facebook account from his driver's license, messaged him and just gave it back.

/humblebrag

Juliet316 , xblackout, tom and 3 others like this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Bad luck today, Bezzies. I stole this guy's in Washington Swuare today, and then managed to drop it. The upside is, I saw the guy that picked it up, and have followed him since. I'm totally Trumping tonight!

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    That goodness it wasn't in Washington Square or I'd be in trouble.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You don't know how hard it was for me not correct your typo.

22. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    tom! where are you! tooommmmmm!

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This happened to me for the first time in my life a few weeks ago. At Disneyland :(

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I got a free piece of pie! I was reading a book by an author that the waitress loved, but hadn't heard about yet. She said I changed her life and didn't charge me for my pie. I knew reading was going to pay off one day.

25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Chill.