main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, now I'm bummed that my preference for audiobooks while eating will never net me free pie.

KnightWriter likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi besties. I got to meet one of my favorite authors and listen to a fabulous speech by another favorite author yesterday. I'm in librarian-nerd heaven.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Some great news for my brother: got accepted into the California teaching credential program for Spring 2017! So happy & proud of him.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Who was the culprit, a crow from Dumbo or Zazou?
    How did the waitress love an author she'd never heard of? How did you change her life?

You confuse me, bezzie, but that's why I love you!

Or I'm slow, which seems more likely.

Unlike my Zoey! In addition to being the only one her class to get A Honour Role, she is also part of the gifted programme. Those kids had a test, to put them in one of five ...things. And she was one of three that qualified for the top thing!

And on top of that, she rehearsed for Bell Choir along with. Hundred other kids, and got picked along with 15 other kids.

She's on her way to be one of the elite!

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It was probably Iago.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    ... Was it Scuttle?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Nope, note that either. It's a new thing. I don't recall it actually having a title. It was more to do with what they get to do. I'll offer more info when I can look it up.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    ... I was replying to the part of your position about Disney birds :p

Glad to hear about your daughter, though. Being in gifted programs was basically the only thing that kept me from hating school.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh. As I said...slooooow

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

Puppy judo class is going really well

12. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Puppy partyyyyy!!

I might soon be a catmom besties! My boyfriend and I have been considering it for a few months now (which means he's finally warmed up to the idea of filling the cat-shaped hole in my heart) and are moving forward with it. Found 2 cats we're interested in, I spoke with the foster mother for one of them and have been in touch with the shelter concerning the other. Sounds like they're going to look into our references and we'll hopefully visit both of them this week!

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, I turn 25 in 13 days. How shall I celebrate living for a quarter of a century?

14. Macho Mantis

Macho Mantis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    Let's see, three things.

I'm Irish.

I'm 35.

I'm an extraordinarily dull conversationalist.

15. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Do something awesome that may not be as easy to do 25 years from now, like run a marathon or train for a triathlon or walk 25 miles for a charity, etc.

xblackout likes this.
  16. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Congratulations, Diggy! Like sj, gifted education saved my love of learning. I hope the new educational situation makes Zoe very happy!

Welcome, Macho Mantis! Does your name mean that women fall for you, then decapitate you?

Also, hbd, IATI!

solojones and Rylo Ken like this.
  17. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Nice! What breed(s) are they?

18. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I feel like I jinxed myself :( I got a call last night that the boy was adopted by another family. I'm happy he finally has a forever home but I wish they had let me know that there was another couple interested in him. But in terms of breeds, he's a Russian Blue mix so very striking green eyes and just such a handsome cat. The little girl, Zora, is a little light grey tabby. A friend is going to drive me to the shelter on Wednesday afternoon to meet her/possibly adopt her.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well besties I officially have no Halloween plans (I work that weekend/am housesitting) and no bday plans (everyone is too busy with a wedding). I am boring and lame. :_|

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Halloween is boring and lame

solojones and Darth Guy like this.
  21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

As an addendum, he invited me to his bar in the LES on Sunday where he bartends. He ended up paying for our drinks and meal!

xblackout and tom like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Awesome bestie! You should seek out more dropped wallets from now on!

Point Given likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thank you! I have never really liked Halloween, and certainly don't get the appeal to anyone over the age of 12 (which is when my parents made us stop trick or treating... I don't like candy anyway).

Halloween is a big deal in LA, but is easily my least favorite holiday. Unlike all other US holidays, it doesn't retain any of its original purpose as a holiday, either. I don't get it.

24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    In keeping with the ancient traditions, I visit the graves of my dead relatives on All Saints' Day Eve and throw eggs at their headstones.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh the appeal of halloween to adults is the same as the appeal of every other holiday to adults, an excuse to drink too much with your friends.

anyway i am heading home tomorrow besties! my dad has to stay in this nursing facility for another ten days, and i would stay with him if i could, but i am just about out of leave and need to get back to work. but everything is on track with his recovery and all the arrangements are basically in place to get him home so i feel as good as i could about leaving him here.