main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    sup besties. i'm back from my cabin trip. i caught my three first fish ever, after trying for just one all my life.

first i got a cod and i was so proud. i got such an adrenalin rush that i had to sit down after because my legs were jelly. and then i was feeling good so i tried again and i got this long ass ****ing thing called a ling that none of my friends has gotten before that made everyone all excited. much fun. and then i got a lousy mackerel.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Besties, I'm at Wilderness festival. Grace Jones just crushed it

tom, Healer_Leona and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Welcome back, Kate.
    Welcome, Emma!

My son does this thing with his toys where he swings them above his head like some sort of medieval weapon. It's amusing to watch but I'm afraid he'll give himself a black eye.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    A few months back me and a couple friends got drunk at a bachelor party and decided to get tickets to see George Thorogood and the Destroyers, then forgot about it until this week when we got reminders....so we went to that tonight, it was fun but I think we were the youngest people there.

poor yorick and Darth Punk like this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, at least you had fun.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    besties, i just want you to know that is almost time for lunch and i don't think i could possibly be more excited to eat a giant burrito.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, the phone interview went well, and now I have an in-person interview with two managers on Friday.

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Pam & Pan?

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hey guys. Friday, a friend and I took our deceased friend's daughter to Jerry Garcia's 75th birthday concert at Red Rocks... it was bittersweet (my friend was a huge deadhead) but also amazing.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why are you sweaty?

Darth Punk likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Watching cops

12. Princess Peachy

Princess Peachy Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah I think they are cute! Wish I could put one in my bag and take it to school with me.

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi bezzies. I just found out Zapdos is a Pokémon. (Not our Zapdos )

Hurray for new username origination knowledge!

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It's true, I just caught one over my lunch break.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Knowledge is power after all.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Besties, there's a possibility of traveling to Seoul in October, something I've been wanting to do for some time. Trouble is, we don't know how things will be two months from now. Should I make plans or nah?

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Make them.

tom likes this.
  18. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    But what if we get bombed?

Also, my mother offered to watch the kiddo for a week if I decide to go (he's too young for such a long flight) I'm sure she'll be great, but then I'd miss him terribly.

Decisions, decisions.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If it's about being away from your son for a week, that's understandable, especially if it would be your first time away from him from a significant amount of time.

About getting bombed...

If the whole 2012/Mayan Calender mess taught me, is that we don't truly know when the world will actually end. So there's no use in fretting over what - ifs that may or may not happen. In that case, I'd say, plan your trip and hope for the best and have fun.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Bombed in Seoul or before you go?

Oooh yeah, that is a long time. I haven't been away from any of mine for that long. Even though they're older, I still don't like the idea.

In other news, one week from now we go to Disneyland. The kids know nothing about it, and hopefully it stays that way until we get there.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I remember my parents trying to talk my brother and me out of our planned trips to Europe due to Al Qaida attacks. We both said we weren't letting the threats of further attacks stop us, and if we did, we were letting them win.

...of course now the potential is from government officials instead of a terrorist group, and I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

As far as being away from your son, mine were 7 and 5 before I was away from them for a week, so I understand that reason.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    My son is very young so he won't remember being left with grandma for a week. My mother has already done this for one of my sisters, when her child was about the same age. So in that regard I trust her. I will miss my son but I might regret not going to Seoul. I'm leaning towards yes but I need to mull this over.

By getting bombed I mean while in there. It's not very likely I guess.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Although it would be understandable if you ended up not going, given that it's a trip you've always wanted to take, then go for it; would be one hell of nice experience I'd imagine.

A rather stressful workload last night/this morning... thankfully I leave for Nevada tonight!

xblackout, cubman987 and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Princess Peachy

Princess Peachy Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    Go - you have more chance of slipping over and breaking your neck in the shower than of being killed by bombs on holiday. I

SuperWatto likes this.
  25. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    That's...comforting. Thanks?

Point Given likes this.