main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah this is crazy. I wasn't expecting any of this.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Awesome, congratulations!!

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Thanks besties. Fortunately, I have some short term solutions for living up there, but the next part of my adventure will be finding a place to live with affordable rent.

5. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Congratulations, IATI!

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  8. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Congrats on the job and good luck with the housing hunt! Such exciting news for you!

9. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    sup besties.

i'm back at university. day 1 they tell us that this year they no longer have obligatory attendance. so im like.. why the **** am i here then? i could be in spain.
    then i tried all day to get people to go monday drinking with me because lets celebrate this **** right, but people are like "what do you mean you wanna go out? it's monday" and "hahahhaa.. wait you're serious". like i ever joke about drinking.
    but apparently my class is full of boring people so no monday drinking then. i had to go shopping for food instead to kill some time because i suck at being bored and have to keep moving. and then i went to bed. and then today i tried again being all "yo it's not monday anymore people, lets get drunkkkk" and people were like "haha what?" and so i decided to never ask anyone to do anything with me ever again. but then i visited my grandma and she was more than willing to drink with me so it went sort of okay anyway.
    and now people are apparently all about wednesday drinking tomorrow, so i guess i'm gonna have to take them back, but still wth. what's so special about wednesday. it's not gonna be all "yeaahhh we don't have to be here woohooo" like it would have been on monday, but i guess i just have to take what i get.

so how's your week

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's okay, but i did a little too much monday drinking. you should have been here.

Point Given and Rylo Ken like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Did some Monday drinking myself and I'm about to do a bit of Tuesday drinking.

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I did all my drinking for the week on Tuesday. I was at my wife's cousins house doing shots of grappa as part of my two week long apology tour where I have to eat crow in front of every Austrian whom last summer I promised Trump would never become president. Frankly there's just not enough grappa in the whole province to ease this process.

13. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    No drinking but I did have a massive sugar-induced spazz attack from what I think was too much Lucky Charms this morning.

14. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I want to drink sooo bad ... but I went and had myself operated on in an attempt to lose weight. I figure it would be pretty stupid to dump liquid calories down my gullet. :(

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi bezzies,

I'm so tired, but we are at the airport waiting to board so it's worth it. The kids still have no idea where we are going.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You are taking pictures of their faces/expressions when they find out, right?

cubman987 and Diggy like this.
  17. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    I did a bit of Monday drinking as well, I had opened some Pinot Grigio a few days earlier and didn't want it to go bad.

As many of you know, I live in south Texas, really close to SPI, so it's hot as balls most of the year (temps expected in the 100's all week). Well, I work in a very old building and there's not enough maintenance people around. What with the hiring freeze and all. All last year there had been issues with A/C units malfunctioning, and not much was done about it. About three weeks ago, half the units in the building finally gave up and we've had no A/C all this time except in a few offices and a couple labs.

Temps in some labs are 98, my office in almost 90. Thankfully our lab was spared and that's were I camped for the last few days. When things first started going south, we were told repairs would take about 4 weeks. That was three weeks ago, and every time we ask we get the same response: "about 4 weeks".

Someone rescue me. Or at least bring me a margarita.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Besties I haven't checked Twitter in weeks and have only done the most cursory glances at the forums and I feel great. I'm starting to think the Unabomber was on to something.

(Dear FBI: disregard that last sentence.)

... That's new for you? I literally tell my students that every semester. Which will go great this year in conjunction with my 8 AM section, I'm sure.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I drank whisky and scotch with my RL besties on Monday evening. Last night, I enjoyed a very mediocre Long Island iced tea while playing my video game.

Besties, I have a family wedding in 10 days, and I don't wanna gooooo. It's 5 hours away in the middle of nowhere. We have a cabin, but I, myself, do not get a room and will instead sleep in the living room.

Somebody invite me somewhere pls

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Missed you Ramza.
    I won two crates of beer in a bet with my neighbour who insisted Trump wouldn't last 6 months.

The glass is half full.

DarthTunick , Ramza, Rylo Ken and 2 others like this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Helped myself to some blue raspberry vodka last night... so damn smooth, I had to stop at nearly half the bottle. :p

22. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Well, I made flight reservations yesterday. Also, I had a little booze last night. Overall it was a good day.

Healer_Leona and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    im getting so oooold. every night from 18-19 i just lay there and wait for the clock to reach an acceptable time to go to sleep where i wont wake up again in the middle of the night. like if i were capable im sure id just sleep every minute im not at work or school.

so tired and old

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sounds more like your busy with work and school than old Maia. I'm old and go to bed early, but I also start work at 6am.

Have the coming week off with no plans. :D :D

25. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Yeah, if your day starts early then you're gonna feel tired earlier. I have to wake up around 6 every day and some nights I just crash at 9 after baby goes to bed.