main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    The list of dead people I've known has become alarmingly long. I'm the sole survivor of so many groups. Apart from my parents, I'm pretty much alone in the world.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He wasn't really a relative of mine, but I knew him when he was a very young boy, and saw him grow up. He's my ex's nephew, and son's cousin. I'm not as deeply affected as I'd be, if it were a blood relative of mine, which is good, because it gives me full capacity to help my son to cope. He's doing better today.. he's across the street at the park with a couple of friends--glad to see him outside. We had a good talk about death, last night. I think it's important to normalize death as much as possible, so that it's not this huge scary thing that has to be avoided and feared. At the same time, grief has to be normalized, as well, because it's an important process, and not one that should be crammed down into some dark pit, within. It's a very delicate balance, and it's really ****ing challenging.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [:D] er wait this isn't a Big Brother Mystery House scenario is it because didn't you turn out to have been carefully orchestrating all the deaths yourself? :p

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mine is somewhat too Debo , but that's cuz I'm old.

Just remember you always have us though. [:D]

harpua likes this.
  5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    best friends i made curry for the first time today!

the boys at the group home i work at loved it! granted they are used to pretty bad food but there were no leftovers so i'm pretty pumped.

6. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    That's cool, Prenn. Making a good meal for people is a real work of heart. I'm sure they really appreciated it. :)

Healer_Leona likes this.
  7. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Have you a recipe to share?...sounds tasty :)

8. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    That's awesome, PRENN. What did you make?

I just came back from wining with new work friends. There was cheese, too.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Never mind the cheese, how was the wine, bezzie?

10. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's disappointing.

12. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Hi besties, sorry to those of you who are suffering losses.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Well there were a few decent ones but nothing great, nothing terrible either. I'm not gonna complain.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you talking deaths or wines?

15. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Beef curry in the crockpot! Beef, carrots, green beens, curry powder, flower, beef broth and tomato paste. Put that baby on for 10 hours, cook some rice, AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  16. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Oops, wines of course.

17. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I discovered a formidable stash of white wine in one of our townhouses a few weeks ago. One by one they're going down. I'm not a wine expert so pretty much everything is a surprise. Like your mom. Well that doesn't make sense but I'm a few bottles in.

tom, harpua and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If it tastes good, it's Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.

If it tastes bad, it's Cabernet Sauvignon.

If it tastes the way cat pee smells, it's Chablis.

Debo likes this.
  19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Sauvignon isn't so bad though. I find I can pretty much stand most white wines--the cheaper the better.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Pinot Grigio is extremely bland.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i kind of feel that way about all white wines. but i think it's because when i was younger my social group always drank tons of merlot and pretty only that and i think it kind of wrecked my palette for lighter or more subtle wines. now if i drink wine it's usually a malbec or just like a house red, an occasional merlot for old time's sake.

22. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I lost two friends in my senior year of high school. The got into a car accident and died on the way to taking the SAT tests. Me and six other kids were at the same place for our SATs. They never showed up and we couldn't find out till afterwards. When all the students from other schools left we finally got thru to someone's mom and she told us the news. It was the worse week of my life. It was twenty years ago. I still remember those days and everything that went on. Half the high school went to that funeral. That day we all became mortal.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I just can't get into white wines. I drink them, and it's like "I could be drinking a red wine but noooooo..."

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like them more during the summer when I want to drink a chilled wine. This time of year I prefer reds. Pinot Noir or Merlot. And I screwed up earlier, I meant that Sauvignon Blanc is bad, Cabernet is actually pretty good. I'm a terrible wine connoisseur.

...not so terrible that I don't recognize the horror that is Zinfandel though.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, I'll take red wines every day. Unless I'm having fish, or cheese, or perhaps grapes...